Need a free haircut?

Hi all. My finances are SERIOUSLY dire right now. But I need a haircut. Does anyone know anyhwere in Birmingham offering free or very cheap haircuts? I'm male,and so don't think going to a slaon and asking for a discounted haircut done by a trainee is an option.
Thanks and bye friends.

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Does your local college have a beauty department?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • MrHelpful
    MrHelpful Posts: 172 Forumite
    If you come to Leicester you can get a hair cut for as cheap as £3.50! many, many, many places. :) :T
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi Most salons LOVE men as so few offer them selves up for the students to practice on!! There is a college in Priory Queensway market bit (just round from Argos), you could ring North Birmingham College (ask for the Brooklyn Suite) or try Walsall college (think they do some beauty stuff)
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • LillyJ
    LillyJ Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    Birmingham College of Food. Think it's about £3 or something.
  • LillyJ
    LillyJ Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    Also my OH got his done at Regis academy (upstairs from the Regis on Corporation st). It was totally free and they were doing a special men's training day for their staff from across the country. Ask them when the next one is.
    Alternatively local small barbers shops usually cost between £4-£6.
  • JayleighAnn
    JayleighAnn Posts: 20 Forumite
    If you fancy an hour drive, I'm at Leicester college studying hairdressing and a dry cut at my college is £4!
  • Sal_55
    Sal_55 Posts: 76 Forumite
    tealady wrote: »
    Hi Most salons LOVE men as so few offer them selves up for the students to practice on!! There is a college in Priory Queensway market bit (just round from Argos), you could ring North Birmingham College (ask for the Brooklyn Suite) or try Walsall college (think they do some beauty stuff)

What's the name of the college in Priory queensway?
    Thanks.
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi Think its called HOET (Heart of England Training) , I haven't been past there in weeks.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • natman
    natman Posts: 507 Forumite
    This will probably sound a little iffy, but last year, i was looking at finances and realised i spent around £70.00 a year on having my barnet cut.
    I invested in some electric clippers and barber set - £15. Was probably the best thing i did................... not only does my other half help cut my hair now, i cut friends hair for a couple of quid and actually make a bit of money too.

A guy i know was so impressed, he did the same, and when he goes on holiday, he takes down his rechargeable clippers and scissors to the beach and makes a bit of spending money - true martin lewis style!!!!
    :rotfl:
  • Sal_55
    Sal_55 Posts: 76 Forumite
    tealady wrote: »
    Hi Think its called HOET (Heart of England Training) , I haven't been past there in weeks.

Thanks for the advice, but I have searched the net for Heart of England Training and can't find any telephone number. Can you help me please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure