PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I didn't get as much as I wanted to done today, and the washing machine is playing up - it won't spin. Rather than get it repaired yet again I've arranged to get another one from the chaps that recondition them. Now all I have to do is get a nice neighbour to move his motorbike out of the back alley so that the old one can be wheeled away and the new one wheeled in and plumbed on Thursday afternoon. It's 150 revs a minute faster on the spin cycle and that will make a big difference.

The shower room is sparkley, the big letting room has had a really thorough 'pull most of the furniture out and deal with scuzzy bits' clean, and I'll finish vacuuming the mattress tomorrow before I remake the bed. The newbie arrives on Monday morning sometime between 5.30 and 7.30 am (!) - I am never, ever around at that time, so OH will have to do the welcome spiel.

I gave the kitchen a bit of a go, but I'm going to have to knuckle down again tomorrow despite spending several hours on the house today. A bedroom needs doing, a bed changing and I think I am going to have to learn the knack of carrying the new-to- me much heavier Dy$on up the stairs and tackle the areas where Dog has been eating her chicken and rice and dribbling it over the side of the bowl. Yeauch.

And a trip to the launderette with two sopping bath sheets.
    Better is good enough.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am going to make myself do a HHC on the Monday list at 8pm if anyone wants to join me.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Posted half my eb@yables. Others packed except 1 awaiting payment. FLING!

Made dinner and done kitchen dailies. MIL called and is staying tonight, so I'm going to have a bath and wash hair so I can get a really early start in the morning. So my Xmas cards will have to wait. Hate that job anyway.

Tots were a bit grouchy tonight. Smacked some bums ;) heheh

Congrats to Wills and Kate! Do you think they could use some hand-me-downs? I have some stuff that didn't sell on eb@y they might want :rotfl:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    Options
    bonnie - we have mother/daughter rants too.....

:D
    I'm ironing to keep warm too....

I sit in a hot bath to keep warm :pwe have no heating
    hex2 wrote: »
    I am going to make myself do a HHC on the Monday list at 8pm if anyone wants to join me.

No thanks :rotfl:

Well I am mightily cheered by.... an interview next wednesday :T

And booking coach to stay with my sis & her family over Christmas :j I will see my nephew (4) who today drew a Father Christmas beard on himself in green pen.. which is not scrubbing off :eek: ... and my niece (2) who, on hearing I was coming to stay, said 'Auntie Bonnie is coming to see my lovely face' :rotfl:

I think little miss moo and my niece would make a superb double act

'spose I need to do something...
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    Options
    Nagged hubby to put dishwasher on :)

Stairs slightly cluttered again with xmas presents. Need to get some cards and get cracking!

Looking forward to flying again tomorrow. What time are the daily listed normally posted?

Honeybear - do you let out a room in your home? I'm thinking about this but we only have one bathroom upstairs and didn't know if that is a big put off for some people. Sorry for being nosey :)
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • welshdreamer71
    welshdreamer71 Posts: 279 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2012 at 9:41PM
    Options
    Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One
    [STRIKE][STRIKE]Clear the floor of clutter[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room[/STRIKE]
    Wipe and water plants-n/a
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    [STRIKE]Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs[/STRIKE]

Extras
    Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
    International Airmail
    Wednesday 5 December Asia, Australia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
    Friday 7 December Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East and South America
    Monday 10 December Canada, Eastern Europe and USA
    Wednesday 12 December Western Europe

[STRIKE]Write some cards,[/STRIKE] buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

Flylady everydays ..
    Daily routines
    washing, [STRIKE]M[/STRIKE] T W T F S S
    tumble/peg out [STRIKE][STRIKE]M[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] T W T F S S
    swish and swipe kitchen [STRIKE]M[/STRIKE] T W T F S S
    bathroom, [STRIKE]M[/STRIKE] T W T F S S
    ironing, M T W T F S S
    making beds, [STRIKE][STRIKE]M[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] T W T F S S
    vacuuming high traffic areas, [STRIKE]M[/STRIKE] T W T F S S
    making meals M T W T F S S
    dog walking[STRIKE] M[/STRIKE] T W T F S S

Night-time routines
    preparing clothes for the next day, [STRIKE][STRIKE]M[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] T W T F S S
    making lunches or prep tomorrows meal [STRIKE]M[/STRIKE] T W T F S S
    swish & swipes of the kitchen [STRIKE]M[/STRIKE] T W T F S S
    tidying the living room [STRIKE]M[/STRIKE] T W T F S S
    dog walking M T W T F S S ...

NEED TO DO THRU WEEK JOBS...

Take sons party invites into school..
    Wrap another box of presents.
    clear bedroom laundry pile and claim back my lovely bedroom!!
    put out 3 piece and single bed for recycling fellas tues night.
    clear out kitchen stools only so much kids stuff can be used!!
    put up new tri-pic and drill holes for new frames in lounge to finish room off !!!
    get hubby to set up tv etc in bedroom
    ring aerial fella to come give a price to sort out upstairs teles with aerials so we can all use them!!take all recyled toys down to centre along with the board games for their january fete!!

Sorry for stealing someones dailies list and adding to it but its really close to my list of to dos everyday too lol...

Its bitterly cold here tonight in Wales, think il have an hour flying to try n get on top of things here not to spend all my day off tomorrow cleaning x
    2 week 5:2=5.5lb off.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck bonnie-bumpkins

Dusty - my house plants are grateful for your list

Emptied and filled the DW again.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Options
    cleared through 3 toy boxes today..1 bag for charity shop and 4 bags in bin..moved them into hall so have a space now for tree to go up on Saturday..Just need to get OH to dismantle TV ,Wii ,freesat and PS3 on Sat morning so I can clean under and behind TV table...darent do this as Id never get them working again and hes in Sidmouth till Friday lol..

So also today I have hoovered downstairs,polished, 6 loads of washing and TD done..been to town,got a couple of xmas pressies...going again with DD1 to get more tomorrow
    DWx3
    cleaned hob
    Soaked LOs school polo shirts in Napisan overnight..BabyDs in now...lots brighter and cheaper than buying new:)

Bathed 2 littlies and put to bed.

Made tea...easy one of jacket pots.

Just need totidy LR again and thats it for me

Quick question...2 littlies have had chicken pox...started last Tuesday..they are loads better but my sons spots on his back are still huge,very red and sore ..is this normal? and is he ok to go back to school Wednesday ???...If not allowed to ask then please ignore...just not sure what to do ?????
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mummyof5, sorry no idea but hope he's better soon xx
    Welshdreamer, I take the dailies from the first post.....I find them very useful, where in Wales are you?
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 December 2012 at 10:28PM
    Options
    Aww bonnie, they sound delightful! Miss moo announced tonight she wanted to open her christmas tree (advent calendar, doesn't even have a pic of a tree on it lol) and when I tried to get them on film singing rudolf, (they've been practicing at nursery for the concert) they would only sing "I can sing a rainbow" lol whilst wearing antlers. Not real ones, obviously. No animals were harmed in the making of this production. Lol.

I have done a hhc of soaking myself in the bath :T and s&s the bath, sink and loo.

Nearly bedtime, once hair is dried. Night all.

ETA mummyof5 when DD had the pox she got it slightly after DS but had twice as many. A couple of hers weren't healing and she ended up with antibiotics. I would suggest seeing a gp or practice nurse to check them over as they can become infected. And our nursery doesn't accept them back until all the spots have crusted over and none are weeping. Here is my disclaimer, I'm not giving medical advice, just commenting on what happened when we had it! :D

Hope that helps x
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills