Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Anyone know what Virgin Atlantic is like with hold luggage which is slightly over, going from US>UK? Say 23.5/24kg instead of 23kg?

We're going to push the limits to the limit i think! 2x 10kg carryons and 2x 23kg (and a bit!) cases.

#toomuchshopping

Some airlines will average the weight between you and your partner.
    Thomas Cook did this with us - her case was a few kilos over mine was well below!
  • Hovis91
    Hovis91 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Poor Bellagio.....now it had a fire....Strip closed again!!!
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hovis91 wrote: »
    Poor Bellagio.....now it had a fire....Strip closed again!!!

Seems to be the shops not the hotel itself - put out after 20 minutes even if the videos seem to show large flames.

No evacuations but more importantly nobody injured.:T
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seems to be the shops not the hotel itself - put out after 20 minutes even if the videos seem to show large flames.

No evacuations but more importantly nobody injured.:T
    It was noisy on Flamingo last night with fire engines and ambulances racing up and down.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Must say uber and lyft are working well.
    I was made aware of secretmachines having an issue where he was charged more than the range but got nowhere with it. So I now take a screenshot of the page in case I need it later.

And I did. Lyft range 5-7 dollars for a trip. Receipt $9.50 logged a review and attached the screenshot. Within an hour got a reply saying $2.50 will be refunded
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did well at Mandalay Bay last night by accident. Tracy was playing 70 cents on a machine and asked me to keep it going while she went to the loo. I didn't touch the machine until she walked back, then I pressed the button. $324 win. I had Press on the max bet button by mistake.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    Must say uber and lyft are working well.
    I was made aware of secretmachines having an issue where he was charged more than the range but got nowhere with it. So I now take a screenshot of the page in case I need it later.

And I did. Lyft range 5-7 dollars for a trip. Receipt $9.50 logged a review and attached the screenshot. Within an hour got a reply saying $2.50 will be refunded

Good thinking! I did get a $5 refund, but should have been more ;)

For the trip back to the airport, downloaded Uber onto OH's phone, so we could use another first-timer promo code. Much better this time as the trip was $22, minus $15 promo, so just $7 :)

Anyone that is using Uber for the first time in the US, the code VDARA will get you $20 off your first ride.
  • gracie10
    gracie10 Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just tried to buy a groupon for the kiss crazy golf and had an email to say it wouldnt go through. I know it was mentioned a few weeks ago. My cards not expired yet but wouldnt let me add a new card. Used it last month and it was fine?
  • Winter_Jasmine
    Options
    gracie10 wrote: »
    just tried to buy a groupon for the kiss crazy golf and had an email to say it wouldnt go through. I know it was mentioned a few weeks ago. My cards not expired yet but wouldnt let me add a new card. Used it last month and it was fine?

Could it be your bank blocking it for security? That happened to me the first couple of times I tried buying US Groupons
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now"

MFW: Mortgage Cleared!!! 14 1/2 years early :D
  • gracie10
    gracie10 Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Always been ok in the past. I know someone mentioned they were having trouble a few weeks ago. Oh well not to worry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure