Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Looks fine to me too whiplashy but I'm with the others on the protein bar. It's your choice of course but I could use syns for all sorts before that.

I'm being angelic tonight. Alcohol free on a Friday is almost unheard of for me.:eek:

I'm trying to save my syns for meals out. We're out for a late lunch tomorrow. I've looked at the menu and there's a salad with salmon that looks OK for me.

I bought easy peelers today and I've had 2 already. Strangely enough I don't really like yogurt but I do enjoy thick Greek yogurt on fruit. I bought a pack of frozen raspberries today to have with it.
  • maman wrote: »
    Looks fine to me too whiplashy but I'm with the others on the protein bar. It's your choice of course but I could use syns for all sorts before that.

I'm being angelic tonight. Alcohol free on a Friday is almost unheard of for me.:eek:

I'm trying to save my syns for meals out. We're out for a late lunch tomorrow. I've looked at the menu and there's a salad with salmon that looks OK for me.

I bought easy peelers today and I've had 2 already. Strangely enough I don't really like yogurt but I do enjoy thick Greek yogurt on fruit. I bought a pack of frozen raspberries today to have with it.

You MUST be ill!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Well done, beanie and esmy.

Like the look of that lunch too, bubbs. I like the ‘cucumber sandwich’. Although I’m not sure about the crispbread topping – it looks like banana and tomato to me! I like both of those, but together? Oh, just saw another post suggesting it’s egg mayo (which I love and which makes much more sense), but there is hardly any. One egg, ‘mayoed’, would surely be a bit more generous looking (as would a banana, come to think of it).

I do miss butter …. I may need to go and have a buttery piece now …… I’ve been ‘off plan’ today, sheep and lambs and hanging come to mind.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi all
    Sorry not been around much but have been lurking. Had the day from hell- OH managed to break the lock on the front door and then when I sorted it and told him what to do, he rang and started shouting at me that it wouldn't work and I would have to come home and pay for a locksmith to come and sort it! I went ballistic at him needless to say- he then had the audacity to say he didn't know why I needed to go out and I should stay at home! I made him well aware he was truly in the doghouse. So while I was waiting for the locksmith I decided to make a batch of pasties- and I managed to burn my arm taking them out! The burn looked nasty so I legged it round to the GP's and thankfully it was nothing serious. He prescribed some cream which the chemist didn't have. 'Come and pick it up on Monday' they said. I was getting pretty exasperated by now- I just about patiently pointed out I was 200 miles away in Newcastle on Monday. 'Oh we can ring our other branch and you can just drive up there now and pick it up.' they said. Biting my lip I said 'I don't drive.' Oh so what do you want to do then? They asked. So I asked for the prescription back and called the branch of Boots in town that opened until 8pm. Luckily they had it and so I was able to get into town and pick it up.
    I finally managed to sit down for half an hour while I ate at around 9pm- aside from sitting down on the bus and a brief sit down in the shopping centre while I spoke on the phone to mum earlier it was the first time I had sat down all day! Good news at the doctors this morning though- I no longer qualify for the flu jab as my BMI is now under 40!
    Today's menu was:
    B: HEXB HIFi x 2, Apple, easy peeler, HEXA carton of choc soya milk + 1.5 syns
    L: Corned beef pastie (6.5 syns) Mushroom and garlic cous cous, big salad. 1/2 a litre of water
    T: Sweet chilli chicken (3 syns for sauce) carrots, sugar snap peas, baby corn, broccoli, cauliflower
    S: Fab lolly (4 syns) cup of peppermint tea

Syns: 15
    Body magic: not stopped all day!

Off to London tomorrow for the rugby. Naturally after what happened both friend and I are a little apprehensive- especially as we were due to travel on the District Line to Richmond but now catching a train instead.

Night all xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Flip Mrs_Ryan, I would be tempted to become Ms_Ryan. Hope Mr_Ryan is kept in the dog house for a very long time..... you know the old motto, 'treat them mean, keep them keen'..... have fun implementing this!

I've been on the scales, I really do need to buy a set of scales that are not 30 years old, and glasses so I can see the dial! The scales appeared to be moving between 3 lbs and 2 lbs.... so I'll say 2 lbs which I am pleased with as I need a ***.... I wonder what that will weigh!

On a negative note, we have rats in the joists. We used to get them every Autumn, but OH replaced all our drains which reduced the annual invasion. Then next year they came back, I asked the neighbours if they had them... they said no. OH checked and double checked to see where they were coming in, no sign. He went through loads of poison, but they still kept coming back. Then OH saw a van at the neighbours which appeared to be vermin control. He spoke to the male neighbour - they had had them for months, and had been paying a fortune for treatment. So OH went around their house and blocked any holes - they disappeared... clearly had been they were getting through the attach neighbours house...!

OH has been back around the outside of the house, they appear to be getting in above their conservatory, which OH cannot get to without erecting scaffolding. OH continued to put poison/traps out.

Well all night the rats have been having a wild party in the joists above our bed. OH has just checked the traps/poison. One trap has disappeared! Another trap has a live rat in it, it's leg is caught (they are supposed to be human) and the poison has got. OH is up there now trying to figure out what to do with the life rat. I will keep out of the way!
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    [QUOTE=greentiger;73131966

I do miss butter …. I may need to go and have a buttery piece now …… I’ve been ‘off plan’ today, sheep and lambs and hanging come to mind.[/QUOTE]

I bought butter yesterday to make a birthday cake for Dad (91 tomorrow!) - what I don't use will have to go in the freezer as all this talk of crusty bread and butter is sorely tempting!
  • esmy wrote: »
    I bought butter yesterday to make a birthday cake for Dad (91 tomorrow!) - what I don't use will have to go in the freezer as all this talk of crusty bread and butter is sorely tempting!

Sorry, I will try not to dream of food on here!

I've just noticed that Branson baked beans are 201 calories for half a tin. Heinz are 150 for half a tin.

I do prefer Branston, but I won't be buying them again!
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Now egg mayo needs to be in a crusty bread roll with loads of butter!

And that thinking made me cuddly!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:D

I used to think that then I tried a Spud U Like special of egg mayo and cheddar in a jacket potato and I love it.

I can do it for about 2 syns (aldi lighter than light mayo + HEXA) on a large salad now and it feels like a cheat meal, I use strong cheddar so I need less :)
  • Morning all,

Haven't read, will catch up later. Just popping on in a rush to say I've lost 3lbs this week. Something is definitely working these past couple of weeks. Good luck everyone x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Today I am working at job 2 :( at least it's from home.

B - 2 x HEXB toast with 3 syns of lurpak lighter and an apple

D - Unsure yet - have loads of salad in plus tuna and chicken so probably some of that.

T - Lasagne and salad (12 syns as it's a 'proper' homemade lasagne) If I'm starving, I may do SW chips with it, keeps my lasagne portion size down too...

HEXA is in white sauce. BM will be the ironing basket tonight during X Factor...

Plenty of fruit to snack on in the house, plus some mugshots if I fancy anything carby.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure