PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• chrissie83
    chrissie83 Posts: 90 Forumite
    That's a very good point!
    Wish I had half a clue about this house selling business ��
  • Lovem
    Lovem Posts: 205 Forumite
    No official feedback yet but viewings started off with a (major) hiccup :eek: nothing to do with us on our side...but the EA.

Hopefully, the viewers can see past it. First impressions and all that jazz
  • Lovem
    From experience, do people normally book a second viewing when they visit the first time or wait a few days later?
  • People don't always have a second viewing.
  • Lovem
    People don't always have a second viewing.

True! We didn't but then we lived in the area. So that was a bonus for us. It took 3 weeks before we put in an offer as we were waiting on another price for a house.
  • PeterPanic
    PeterPanic Posts: 36 Forumite
    People don't always have a second viewing.

True, I put in an offer the same afternoon I viewed the property. However, I know the area pretty well (my parents live there) and I had already looked at quite a few properties. This was the first of four viewings that day and each subsequent viewing convinced me even more that this was the house for me,

As soon as the final viewing was over I went over to the estate agents office, made a £15K under asking offer and printed off my mortgage offer and proof of deposit to show I was a serious buyer.

Two weeks later I returned to Australia for 4 months and the property completed 5 weeks ago so I still haven't actually seen it properly as yet. Moving back to the UK in two weeks so will finally get to move in.

Actually, of the three properties I have bought in my life I have only had a single viewing on all of them!
  • Lovem
    Best of luck today everyone x One viewing on our house and hopefully, positive feedback etc from yesterday.

I just had a look at our 'Online performance' our conversion rate is tripple the branch average. As long as people are calling for viewings I will not worry too much for now.
  • Lovem
    PeterPanic wrote: »
    True, I put in an offer the same afternoon I viewed the property. However, I know the area pretty well (my parents live there) and I had already looked at quite a few properties. This was the first of four viewings that day and each subsequent viewing convinced me even more that this was the house for me,

As soon as the final viewing was over I went over to the estate agents office, made a £15K under asking offer and printed off my mortgage offer and proof of deposit to show I was a serious buyer.

Two weeks later I returned to Australia for 4 months and the property completed 5 weeks ago so I still haven't actually seen it properly as yet. Moving back to the UK in two weeks so will finally get to move in.

Actually, of the three properties I have bought in my life I have only had a single viewing on all of them!

Best of luck for when you finally get home and the keys to your new home.
  • Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    TBH I think years ago most people only had one viewing and perhaps another further down the line for measuring up.
    I blame the likes of Kirstie and Phil (Location) who always say "are there any you'd like to have second viewing?" which has made people think they ought to have another look.
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • houndour
    houndour Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 21 April 2017 at 7:45AM
    Hi everyone,

We've just had 3 quotes from estate agents all with different advice. I'm so confused and don't know what to do!

One says 300k is what the house is worth and what we'll get. Another valued at 320k (me thinking accept 310k). Another thinks £310k but wants to start it off at £325k.

Any advice from your experiences?

Bit more info might be useful...
    2 identical houses nearby currently for sale. One for £325k (has loft space as extra to ours - just been reduced to £325k) and one for £310k (very similar, ours needing less work).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback