Zoverstocks Gone From Play?

I've got various cds/dvds listed on Play and as usual have Zoverstocks priced against me at 1p less.

Checked my listings this morning and every Zoverstocks item has gone---we're talking around 30 items so they've not all sold.

Had a look on Amazon and the same items were still being sold on there by Zoverstocks.

So, have Zoverstocks pulled out of selling on Play?
Waddle you do eh?

Comments

• BarntheBarn
    BarntheBarn Posts: 146 Forumite
    Hmmm, Zoverstocks is the trading arm of Music Magpie. They are a pretty chaotic company and its all automatically processed with robots. They are still plodding merrily along though, received a cheque this morning :)
  • daveoc22
    daveoc22 Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Just checked my listings and they are back on all of them, 1p less as usual.

Must have been some sort of overnight update.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • They're now selling on ebay as estocks. They have listed over 100,000 cd's over the last month or so. Already their feedback is taking a bit of a bashing. Mainly slow dispatch being at fault.
    I was initially irritated at their appearance on ebay as it would effect my business, but as it turns out buyers will probably get wise to their poor service.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    How would Zoverstocks business model of using robots to automatically undercut other sellers by 1p work on ebay?

Check out our shop for more deals!
  • suited-aces
    suited-aces Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They're now selling on ebay as estocks. They have listed over 100,000 cd's over the last month or so. Already their feedback is taking a bit of a bashing. Mainly slow dispatch being at fault.
    I was initially irritated at their appearance on ebay as it would effect my business, but as it turns out buyers will probably get wise to their poor service.
    Someone left their mobile number on a negative. Jesus wept
    I'm not bad at golf, I just get better value for money when I take more shots!
  • Kite2010 wrote: »
    How would Zoverstocks business model of using robots to automatically undercut other sellers by 1p work on ebay?

Check out our shop for more deals!

They don't seem to be doing it. Their prices are more random. At the cheap end they're at £1.27 inc postage. So on many cd's theyre clearly undercutting everyone by some distance but they overprice on quite a few too so to be honest Im not sure how they're choosing their prices.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    By drawing them out of an oversized hat
  • johnnyboyrebel
    johnnyboyrebel Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    daveoc22 wrote: »
    I've got various cds/dvds listed on Play and as usual have Zoverstocks priced against me at 1p less.

Checked my listings this morning and every Zoverstocks item has gone---we're talking around 30 items so they've not all sold.

Had a look on Amazon and the same items were still being sold on there by Zoverstocks.

So, have Zoverstocks pulled out of selling on Play?

"Purge and replace" import, this closes all current listings and replaces with the new imported file.

As they do not stock everything they list then they would need to to do this regularly in order to tidy up their listings!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure