5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Frith, sending more love and strength to (((baby Ben))). Sounds like he's doing brilliantly.
    Carolyntia, what a really sensible idea about line drying overnight. Why hadn't I thought of that before?
    dundeedoll, what amazing clients you have! What sort of work do you do?

I've been feeling grotty on and off all day - my cough is proving very tenacious. I'm sure I can find five pleasures though:

1. The sunshine.

2. The smell of DS1's bedding as I was folding it to put into the laundry basket. What is it that makes sunny, breezy, line-dried washing smell so good?!

3. Doing a late night shop at Mr S to top up on all the extra bits we need before Tuesday. I did it with a list and the shop was so empty that I was in and out within 10 minutes. :T

4. Working out that, quite by chance, tonight's supper probably provided 6 of our 5 a day.

5. Having a really good late afternoon sleep having set the timer to wake me up.

Sleep well
    B x
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Frith - thinking of you.
    Broomstick - I love it when you've eaten more of your 5 a day than you think! That really is a pleasure.

Here's my five for today (though I'm having to think really hard to find them!)

1. The sunshine.
    2. The broccoli seeds I've planted in the garden have sprouted and look promising.
    3. Making leftovers stretch from last night's tea to tonight's.
    4. Spending time with family.
    5. Making myself do a workout. It was difficult getting motivated, but I did feel a bit better when I finished.

I'm really hormonal atm, so I think my outlook is a little gloomy anyway. Here's to tomorrow being better. :)

Night all

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,102
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Argh, I've been OK all day but now feel awful! I sent 2 really long texts to the nameless man last night and... he hasn't replied again! He has had his curtains shut all day and is basically hiding. For goodness sake. He hasn't come over and I texted him again this evening to say I can't do anything if he won't communicate with me at all. And he hasn't replied!!!

Anyway, 5 for today.

1) Had a long phone call with friend from near Ikea and she was suitably scathing about someone's behaviour...

2) Had a long phone call with school friend (see above for topic).

3) Went to Sainsburys with sons and got plenty of food in.

4) Ran out of petrol on the way to Sainsburys. A strange pleasure but we had a lovely walk to the garage with our petrol can in glorious sunshine (about 2 miles) Then we caught a bus back to the car which was very exciting for the boys because there aren't any buses to speak of out this way.

5) School friend came over and we had a take away Indian for tea.

6) Sons on good form today. They called me upstairs when they were getting out of the bath and smaller son had a towel on him in a very strange way and said "Look at my groin cloth" !!

That's about it. Going to listen to the News Quiz on iplayer (am in bed already) and see what tomorrow brings. He can't hide forever!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,143
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Been a lovely day here,blue sky & warmish sunshine! Actually had windows & doors open for a while, so nice to get fresh air in !

1.Saturday scone was most pleasant! We got our free coffee today with our loyalty card!

2.Washing out ,mostly all dry. It's all ironed & just waiting on people putting it away!

3.Had rolls with sausages for late lunch. They were very reduced!

4.Went to Salvo's with DD1 and had a good mooch around & got some excellent purchases!

5.DD2 feeling a bit better! Hopefully she will be fighting fit by tomorrow!

Enjoy your Saturday x
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Had a quiet day yesterday but mine are

1. Made some more twinks hobnobs at DS2's request and was complemented on them by a neighbour who popped round.

2. Made a sponge and DS2 came up with the idea to have it with strawberries and cream in it. That was pud sorted. I just had enough cream left and the small portion of strawberries left.

3. Managed to finish tidying front garden ane watered well ready to plant seedlings today. Didn't manage to plant them yesterday.

4. DH had a parcel arrive for work and I saved the packaging to reuse.

5. Spoke to collegue about problems she is having at work. It looks like there may be a way out of the situation after her chat with HR.
  • dundeedoll wrote: »
    1) What a lovely warm day!

2) 1 of my clients picked me a beautiful big bunch of roses from her garden - my living room smells divine!

3) She also made me a cafetiere of filter coffee and 3 homemade chocolate ginger biscuits. When I said: 'I'm really sorry, but I am on a diet' she went back to the kitchen and then came back with a HUGE bowl of strawberries, raspberries and mango slices.
    How sweet was that?

4) The same lady made a fish curry for dinner tonight and put a portion in a container for me - YUMMY!

5) When I left her house and got to my car there was a carrier bag with lots of leaf salad, some leeks, rhubarb and some more strawberries.

6) Being spoilt :D
    What a lovely lady:T
  • 1. DH picked harvested some potatoes this morning. Just a few, that had been planted from an old sprouting potato sliced into chunks and planted in an old dustbin. Enough for a meal - fresh and free :D

2. Made two lots of shortbread using a recipe that I'd got from the internet. (should have used my WI book) There was too much butter in it, which I kind of realised as I went along and the two shortbread 'rounds' spread all over the baking sheet! I took them out feeling a bit disappointed. Hubby reminded me that they would probably taste very nice anyway, so I let them cool off and harden. I've just cut them into little triangles and they are very nice. Snacks sorted for this week :j

3. Made Spanish Omelette yesterday from the CFR website recipe. It called for butternut squash and was the most delicious Spanish Omelette we've ever tasted. The rest of the squash is used up later in another CFR recipe, which I'm excited about trying. I can't get over how cheap and easy all their recipes are! They even have a shopping list for each week which is so useful. I was thinking I would be doing well to keep to my Grocery Challenge total this month of £160 for two adults and two big bad woofs (including non-food items too), but at this rate I will be well under!

4. Just filled our pretty china coffee pot (gifted to us recently) with some aromatic fresh coffee. One of my favourite times of the day as we sit back and enjoy a morning break

5. Hmm, can you see that my pleasures all seem to be food related? Can I think of a non-food OS pleasure?.. Yes. My very first garment has been finished and I'm wearing it today. A short sleeved round-neck top made from some free cream cotton fabric with tiny flowers. The pattern was £1 from Ebay and I have learned that a sewing machine does not bite :cool:
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Evening all.

1) A gorgeously warm, sunny day - so much so that my stint on the plant stall has left me decidedly singed round the edges. :o

2) Chatting to all the nice people who visited the stall, including one lad who was clearly trying to chat me up with his discussion of sustainable irrigation systems (an unusual way to approach a girl, but not uninteresting ;)), and a lady who brought us a HM cake for reasons that I missed (I was serving another customer at the time) but wasn't going to argue with! :)

3) NSD.

4) Potted up my HG tomatoes when I got home - all 25 of them. :eek: I think I got a bit carried away with the seeds! :o

5) HM curry for dinner - who needs a takeaway? :money:

Have a nice evening, all.
  • Carolyntia
    Carolyntia Posts: 363 Forumite
    Evening all :wave: - it's been treat day here so I've got a few

budgeteer - thanks for reminding me about the CFR website :)
    Broomstick - a lot of people think I'm weird doing it but even if I get it nearly dry and finish off on the airer it's one less use of the tumble dryer
    CCP - Well it's the first time I've heard of irrigation systems being a chat up line lol :D

1) In town early to have my nails done
    2) Costa Hot Chocolate
    3) Browse round Waterstones noting down books/authors I want to try and reserve from my library ;)
    4) The sun came out
    5) Ironing done :p
    6) Lovely shower and I finally used up the shower stuff that I feel I've been trying to get through for ages....was getting sick of it
    7) An evening of NCIS and CSI :cool:
    8) Quick look in a couple of charity shops cos I was determined to use up all the time on my carparking ticket and didn't buy anything :money:

Hope you all had a good day

C x
    As my dad always used to say 'Just because you've got the money doesn't mean to say you have to spend it all at once'
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Evening all,

My five pleasures for Saturday:

1. Laughing with my sister on the phone about how to hide or disguise 'difficult' veggie box veggies. (Conversation got very silly indeed at the idea of kohl rabi in the Christmas ginger biscuits stage :D)

2. That all resulted from me talking about having hidden 1/3 of a cabbage I'd been trying to get rid of in tonight's Tikka Masala. I cut it up fine, everyone left their plates clean, and nobody commented about the cabbage at all. An achievement :T and therefore a definite pleasure.

3. A really long daytime sleep again. My cough still hasn't gone, although I'm definitely on the mend, but I needed to catch up on my lack of sleep - it's been awful at night this week.

4. More sorting and ideas research on the craft stall stuff - must get down to some serious making next week.

5. I don't want to detract from the pleasure (or frustration) that other people have had about their Olympic ticket allocations but I've been feeling very pleased myself that we made the decision ages ago that we would not try to go to the Olympics in person, that we didn't have to find the ticket money out of nowhere and that we haven't had to play any 'second guess the ballot' game.

Sweet dreams everyone

B x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family