5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Morning

Sparrer - Have a wonderful time
    Frith - great news about baby ben, will keep him in my thoughts

Pleasures for yesterday:
    1. I stayed off work yesterday as was feeling unwell in the morning but decided I needed some fresh air so spent an hour in the garden doing a bit more tidying.
    2. The new garden gloves and secateurs I treat myself to make such a difference. Very impressed with my purchases
    3. Lovely sleep in the afternoon and felt much better for it
    4. More washing line dried, washing bin is now empty. Well for today anyway.
    5. Another freezer dinner and have taken something out of freezer for dinner tonight.

Hugs to all who need them
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Frith - yay for baby Ben, that's really heartwarming news, will keep praying he gets stronger and stronger :):):) Grrrrrrr to he whose name shall not be mentioned, what an absolute IDIOT he is, keep strong and know that YOU are a fantastic, kind, caring, lovely woman who deserves a million times better than him, and please, don't for a second think that you only make bad decisions where gentlemen are concerned, or that you've wasted however long on that wally, etc etc, look on it as a learning experience and that when the time is right for you to allow another man to even think of courting you, you'll be more educated in what is going to make your life more complete, and not put up with bad treatment from anyone. Big hugs x
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047
    Forumite
    Sparrer- have a wonderful time
    Frith - You sound as if you had a good day without MrN. You deserve more than him.

1. Did some gardening - looks much tidier and I can plant some seedlings today.

2. Had a quick shopping trip and only spent what I had intended to spend.

3. Long walk with my dog and a chat with a friend.

4. Pilates.

5. DS2 being very chatty all day.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,143
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    hello, thank goodness it's Friday! what a start to my day, DD2 poorly with high temp & very sore throat, so kept off school & went to work with her dad. Then just as I thought, great! an extra half hour to myself as I wouldn't have to take her to school......in limps DD1 who had fallen on her way to school....wasn't even out our street! So her tights (so expensive here!) were ripped! Her knees & hands all grazed & she hurt her head :( ....got her sorted then had to run her or she would have been late! Work was soooo busy! Did not stop once & really earned my wages!

1. Working with nice people ....and managing to laugh in the madness!

2.Nice dry day and have not needed heating on until now (7.30pm)

3.Son prepared tea....nachos & salad.....much huffing & puffing with having to make an effort but very nice!

4.Did part one of weekend shopping in a seriously busy supermarket but lucky for me,they opened the till in front of where I was standing! Got quite a few reduced items.

5. Filled my car with petrol. We have been paying higher prices past few weeks (prices chop & change several times daily!) but are down a bit this week, so got more petrol for my cash!

6.Washing all done & hung on clothes horses..everywhere! Reasonably tidy for the weekend. Hoovered bedrooms & bathrooms. Cleaned bathrooms. My energy levels have levelled out again, as I knew they would by the end of this week. Was such a shock to the system ,working again after so long not!

Hope you all have a good day & good weekend!

Sparrer: not sure if you'll see this before you head off but have a great time & we will look forward to hearing about your travels when you come back!

Frith: for reliablity.....there's always Casualty tomorrow!
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    Forumite
    Hello all :)

1. Sunshine and cuddles with DD :)
    2. More texting with OH, can't wait to see him tomorrow :):):)
    3. Planning a fun morning out with DD before I go back home :)
    4. NSD :)
    5. We ate dinner outside and it was nice and civilised with yummy wine :)
    6. Had a busy work day but it was nice to do some in the garden which then boosted me up for the world's dullest conference call :)
    7. Getting a bit more used to my specs and apparently they really suit me :)
    8. Feeling proud of myself for doing my new physio exercises even though they're making me sore, it's not excruciating so I need to continue to not be a total wooss and get on with them and be fit and healthy for longer :)
    9. I think I've made good food choices today - okay, so 2 glasses of wine isn't that sensible, but I've eaten loads of fruit and no naughty things (going to polish my skinny halo, lol).
    10. Looking for a new gas/electricity tariff, very MS I hope!
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Evening all.

1) A lovely, sunny, warm day - it felt like summer for the first time in ages. :)

2) Used my new cashback credit card for the first time. :money: I was a bit worried as the queue was enormous and I knew I'd be very unpopular if there were any problems, but luckily it worked fine first time.

3) Got the rest of my French beans and courgettes planted out after work.

4) So many bees in my garden that the whole place was buzzing. :)

5) Very nice dinner of spicy meatballs in ratatouille sauce, which used up several starting-to-go-squishy bits of veg and bulked out half a small pack of mince to make two meals. :)

Have a pleasant rest-of-evening, all.
  • Bella79
    Bella79 Posts: 1,197
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Beautiful weather here today

1) Baking some butterfly buns, love there "wings"
    2) taking about 3 hrs to fill my dd paddling pool
    3) wathcing dd in paddling pool, running around the garden in her "birhday suit"
    4) Making hm bread
    5) taking a long cool shower with my free lemon source shower gel !
    6) Doing 3 loads of washing and drying outside on line
  • Carolyntia
    Carolyntia Posts: 363 Forumite
    Evening all :wave: I'm back!

Brace yourselves this may take a bit of time!

1) Seeing all my family and friends
    2) Having far too much food and wine :D
    3) Lots of cuddles with my mums cats
    4) Chats with all three nephews - I'm sure it's not natural for an 11 year old to have size 10 feet :eek:
    5) It was 25 degrees when I landed in Aberdeen at 7pm last night - tropical! :j
    6) Getting the washing and shopping done last night
    7) Washing dried on the line over night :cool:
    8) Sold and posted 6 items to ebay
    9) Visit to the library
    10) Nice relaxing sunny day :D
    11) Treated myself to some yummy runner beans - my favourite :p:drool:

Hope you're all ok. Frith - If he can't tell you what he wants after 10 months then I think you've got your answer right there.....you're far too good for him....find someone who appreciates all the things you do - I hope baby Ben gets better soon.

C x
    As my dad always used to say 'Just because you've got the money doesn't mean to say you have to spend it all at once'
  • dundeedoll_2
    dundeedoll_2 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2011 at 9:26PM
    Frith wrote: »
    Okaaaaaay. MrN is a mean pig. _pale_ It is unlikely his name will darken this thread again.

This will be addressed below BUT.....not sure this description is very nice......see pleasure 8 :D;)

Now 5 or possibly more for today!

5) Went round the 2nd hand shops and got 2 T shirts and a Harris tweed jacket that Dundeedoll may remember! Smaller son is very impressed with it. :T

As I read Harris Tweed jacket I instantly saw it in my mind :D then read the next bit, so yes, she does ;)

8) Videod the pigs but the video didn't download off my phone to the laptop properly so will have to have another go. Went for a walk round afterwards and saw 2 slow worms, sloughed off slow worm skin and a toad so both boys were happy.

9) Sister phoned and Ben (the poorly baby) has been taken off the ventilator. The bleeding on his brain doesn't seem to be too worrying and.... they are thinking next week he will be strong enough to have a repairing operation! So that is much better news. :j

In all honesty, Frith..........I think that deserves more than a :j
    hyper_fast.gifhyper_fast.gifhyper_fast.gif
    That's great news!

OK. MrN. He came round this evening, very late as ever, for about 20 minutes. He didn't seem at all concerned about my texts or the fact we hadn't spoken. When he told me his plans for the final 3 days of holiday (again, not including the boys or me in any way, even for a minute) I got rather cross. I told him a few of the very many ways he has hurt me and he looked completely unconcerned, questioned the truthfulness of one thing I said (pah!) then he walked out.

So I texted him a few more of the ways he has hurt me. No reply, obviously.

Kittikins wrote: »
    Frith - yay for baby Ben, that's really heartwarming news, will keep praying he gets stronger and stronger :):):)

Grrrrrrr to he whose name shall not be mentioned, what an absolute IDIOT he is, keep strong and know that YOU are a fantastic, kind, caring, lovely woman who deserves a million times better than him, and please, don't for a second think that you only make bad decisions where gentlemen are concerned, or that you've wasted however long on that wally, etc etc, look on it as a learning experience and that when the time is right for you to allow another man to even think of courting you, you'll be more educated in what is going to make your life more complete, and not put up with bad treatment from anyone. Big hugs x
    agree.gifagree.gifagree.gif
    Well done for taking control and telling him how you feel
    ((((( xXx )))))
    Nicotine Free since 01.08.2010 :j:j:j

Sealed Pot Challenge member 1097 2011 £1024.78 :T

I feel the two are connected :D
  • dundeedoll_2
    dundeedoll_2 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    1) What a lovely warm day!

2) 1 of my clients picked me a beautiful big bunch of roses from her garden - my living room smells divine!

3) She also made me a cafetiere of filter coffee and 3 homemade chocolate ginger biscuits. When I said: 'I'm really sorry, but I am on a diet' she went back to the kitchen and then came back with a HUGE bowl of strawberries, raspberries and mango slices.
    How sweet was that?

4) The same lady made a fish curry for dinner tonight and put a portion in a container for me - YUMMY!

5) When I left her house and got to my car there was a carrier bag with lots of leaf salad, some leeks, rhubarb and some more strawberries.

6) Being spoilt :D
    Nicotine Free since 01.08.2010 :j:j:j

Sealed Pot Challenge member 1097 2011 £1024.78 :T

I feel the two are connected :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business