5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Baby (((Ben))).

This is my third attempt at posting. Hope three identical messages don't appear!

My five (fifteen?!!) for Tuesday:

1. All these snack food ideas for teenage boys with hollow legs are very helpful. Thank you. DS1 also remembered about pop corn and is very happy to make it for himself and his brother. It's very cheering up food, isn't it? Our biggest pan has a glass lid and it's fun to watch as it pops. (He's also worked out how much cheaper it is - massively - than buying crisps when he's out and has decided that HM pop corn will save him money :D)

2. To cut a very long story short, and for complicated but overly generous reasons, the veggie box people credited me with an extra £17 as well as giving me my 4th veg box free (current offer). It was pretty special to have got a total of over £30 worth of free organic fruit, veg and eggs today. :D

3. And... in place of the squash and cabbage that I'd asked to be replaced with something else, they sent three corn on the cobs - first of the year for us, and a bag of fresh peas - also the first of the year - the peas will be eaten raw. Heaven. :j

4. Needed some white piping cord dyed a fawny flesh colour for a project I'm experimenting with and, after a bit of searching on the internet, discovered dying it with salty black tea. :D Test samples are drying at the moment. I enjoyed experimenting.

5. Good phone call with my mum.

Sweet dreams

B x
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Morning!

Up early as i am taking DS2 to Alton Towers today, and I am fretting about driving the horrid courtesey car. :(

Yesterday

1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2 with DS2. Caught the 11.50am screening, so only £3.50 each. We both thought it was as good as the first one. DS2 wants to read the books! Thats a first :j.
    2. Rearranged the fridge. Only the bottom half of the fridge is cold at the moment :eek: Hopefully, this will stop food going off while we continue to argue with Samsung over the repair!
    3. Lamb chops for tea. DH and I agreed that it was nice to have proper meat for a change, as most of our meals seem to be mince based :rotfl:
    4. Quick dash to Mr A to use 2 vouchers before they went out of date, and got lots of yellow sticker bargains too :money:
    5. Dog walk with DH.

Broomstick - I'm trying not to let my imagination run wild about why you would need flesh coloured cord! :D

Looks like a nice day . I shall be wizzing round rollercoasters wishing I was putting the bedding on the line :rotfl:Have a great day! HE x
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,143
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 1 June 2011 at 11:18AM
    Frith! go with Holby City or Casualty! Always more reliable...hope you find out one way or t'other!

Wednesday tea time......though have still to make a start on tea but will be having reduced mince in a pie when I get up off bum & go & make!

1.Brrrr....what a cold & frosty morning! Was a chilly 1.5o at 8am & I had to scrape the car! Officially the first day of winter here. However, it was just nice to feel the coolness & freshness of the air. It warmed up & was a nice day again .....looking out the window :(

2.I had a good day at work! My best so far....to think this time last week I was ready to run away!

3.Nice drive home and the pleasure for DD1....she was passing the right road at the right time & got a run home with no hills to climb!

4.Saw some new birds today! Kind of heron-y looking at one of the lakes at carpark. Saw a lovely moorhen with her HUGE feet!

5.Was a nice mum & picked up DD2 & friends to go to her cooking class.....wonders what tonights delights will be! Then went to supermarket & got RTC bread,sausages and cakes! Also got DD1 & I an iced apple cakey thing! Very yummy!

So a good day! Hope you all have a nice day too.....and hope the month of June (already!) is a good one!

ETA: Hubbie came home early & made spag bol, so I didn't need to get off my bum after all!

another edit! DD2 made the most lovely Singapore Noodles.....only she said they were Swedish Noodles! Very tasty wherever they came from!
  • Bibbitybob
    Bibbitybob Posts: 843 Forumite
    Morning (just) all - haven't been on here for a while but had a little read this morning and it made me smile, so thought I'd add mine for today so far.

1. Awake at 6.30 due to OH's insomnia and big elephant feet (he doesn't do quiet, especially when I'm sleeping!!), so enjoyed a cuppa and breakfast in the garden. Was lovely and warm in the sunshine and I got that holiday feeling!

2. Gas man has arrived and is commissioning the new boiler as we speak. Typical that after the coldest winter without heating, we're getting toasty and warm in here when the sun is beaming! Looking forwards to a long, hot shower before work.

3. Working out in the sticks today so looking forwards to a long, sunny drive (I'm noticing the sunshine is featuring a lot here!)

4. Got given a fabulous, huge oak Ikea pax wardrobe this weekend by a very kind chap who wanted rid. It's in immaculate condition and has saved us so much money.

5. Looking forwards to HM guacamole for lunch, yum yum.
  • spandles
    spandles Posts: 129 Forumite
    Don't post on here, but do read everyday.

Frith, you have two lovely sons and have cleared your debt - maybe it should be you deciding if HE is worth it!

Anyway, my 5:
    1. Brought DH breakfast in bed as he couldn't wake up - even though I'm off with the kids this week and don't need to be up early.
    2. Went into town with DD's, treated them to Pizza Hut and some girly bits (DD1 received a Special Mention in assembly for working hard so though she deserved a treat).
    3. Went to local craft shop for a reel of invisible thread. Half price at 68p (was up to £8 online).
    4. Had some interest for a TV stand I'm selling on Loot - hope they show up!
    5. Toasted teacakes for tea as we ate out and DH is out tonight.

This thread always makes me feel good:T
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Welcome spandles, welcome back Bibbitybob

MHags I love reading about the wildlife you're discovering, the birds sound amazing. Pleased you're happier with the job now

house elf the lamb chops made my mouth water. I totally agree, it's nice to have a traditional meal once in a while

Ladyhawk welcome back, sounds like you had a super time. Ice cream, yummy!

Frith I was so sad for you when I read that your 'OH' is deciding what he wants while you sit and wait. Seems he's happy with someone to look after his boys, do some shopping/gardening and wait around for him when he feels like visiting, but I wonder you're being short-changed. Better a happy life with your boys than living on tenterhooks wondering what he's going to do next. Just my opinion, I'd hate to think of you not being happy when you deserve it so much.

1- 5 for yesterday. Had the most amazing day yesterday, started at 5.30am when I left home and finished at 9pm when I got back. In between we celebrated DM's 90th with half of the family, (the other half are having another celebration for her when we get back from holiday). DB and SiL put on an amazing spread and the cake was beautiful, in the shape of a butterfly which DM loves. There were 5 generations altogether, the weather held so for the majority of the time we could be in the garden, and even DM joined in a game of footie with the LO's. It was so good to see her enjoy herself, and although exhausted by the time I took her home she said she's looking forward to the next time!

Today
    1. Got up to a sunny morning, got 3 lines of washing dry
    2. Did a round robin of visits, saving on petrol
    3. Needed to renew a library book but library wasn't open this morning. Managed to do it on line, good for the library service :T
    4. Cleaned the bathroom, all shiny now :)
    5. Saw neighbour and her DD over the garden fence, they're going to look after the cats, plants and house while I'm away so the DD meticulously wrote down all the instructions :D

Have a good evening,
    S x
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 1 June 2011 at 7:28PM
    1. Sunny day and got the washing done, always a never-ending task even though there's only 2 people in the house!
    2. Technically a NSD as I didn't spend any 'real money' just LV on YS UHT milk
    3. Gorgeous text from OH this morning that made me feel all gooey inside :):) His son is staying with him at the mo, so we're not in contact much, but no problem when I feel so blissed out just from a text (soppy moo aren't I........lol)
    4. Great physio session, and she was immensely pleased with my progress and reckons she can help me delay the inevitable op. I've got some more "lovely" exercises to do this week
    5. A lovely friend sorted out my dodgy eyebrows after I let the hairdresser/beautician attack them with wax yesterday, and really made them look odd! Thank goodness I have friends who can use tweezers properly as I'm all cack-handed with them myself :0)
    6. Gorgeous chats with DD who is having a whale of a time at my parents :):)

Oooh another one:

7. Saw a lovely hot air balloon in the sky near the house when I popped out, would love to go up in one one day
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Eating my own homegrown spinach in a salad:j:jGrown from seed so i'm v proud:D;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,102
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    5 for today.

1) Bit of a lie in.

2) Went to Walsall to have lunch with a good friend and her children. :-)

3) MrsWalsall lives dangerously close to.....Ikea! So went there too but only got a tin of sprats and a pizza from the Swedish food shop.

4) No post, no phone calls and no texts at all today. Which makes tomorrow exactly a month since I heard anything from the ex husband. All a bit odd.

5) Boys went to karate so I had an hour to myself! Very welcome, half way through the holidays.

6) Boys now playing outside. Just taken across some Ikea pizza for them. :-)

As for OH, it has now been nearly 48 hours since he said he "didn't know" if he wanted to be with me or not. He has made no contact with me at all. I think I'll give him until tomorrow night and if I've heard nothing, that level of ignorance is all the answer I will need. :-(
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    (((Frith))) You deserve far better from OH. Hopefully no contact with the ex is nice and peaceful.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure