5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• VJsmum wrote: »
    Awwwww let's have a dodgy hug

:grouphug:

:rotfl:

Nahhhh -:eek: looks like a threesome , so NOT my cup of tea :rotfl:
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    1. more eggs
    2. shaking out the straw this morning, all crunchy and rustly
    3. dinner of quiche and hg potatoes
    4. cancelling a planned shopping trip with a friend am busy we will go splurging another time
    5. DS1 deciding to look for another job and quit his present job. I am very pleased where he is now is the pits.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    1. Had meeting at new job to go through paperwork, and my start date might be sooner than originally planned :)

2. Snow - which was more of a pleasure for DD than it was for me, but I was pleased to see that the school I'm going to work at has its own gritter, what a relief!

3. Threw myself on the mercy of one of my favourite librarians who let me renew a book I wasn't supposed to be able to renew as I've had it ages..........and its now somewhere in the house but no idea where at the moment!!

4. DD and I bumped into friends whilst shopping and had a nice chat and a cuddle with their baby :)

5. Managed to park for free, yay!

6. My lovely mummy has bought DD new school shoes as her current ones had worn out!
  • Evening all, feeling sorry for myself tonight, my sympathies with you broomstick ... i have an awful head%20cold.gif and sore throat too....

today

1. not much traffic on way to work
    2. afternoon off work.... finished at 1pm as was supposed to be going for old team xmas drink but felt so rough I came home instead
    3. snoozed
    4. DS has gone to earls court til sunday so I dont have to be mum for a few days
    5. warm tomato soup soothing my throat

am off for early bath and bed x nite x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047
    Forumite
    Hi all

Heres my five for today
    1. Snow looks surperb

2. Snow not settling on road and gone when I left work

3. Asked to perhaps stand in for my line manager - good to think I am capable.

4. Tea from freezer.

5. Speaking to neighbour.

6. Text from friend in Hong Kong.

7. DH starting to deice my car this morning
  • Skintos and Broomstick get well now !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,102
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I wasn't having a go at anyone on this thread yesterday (about the Duchess of Cambridge's illness). I just keeping hearing snatches of conversation wherever I go about she is not really ill or is only in hospital because of who she is.

My pleasures for today (Weds)

1) Boys off to school quite happily.

2) Texts from my sister.

3) Cleaned the kitchen - shelves, cleaned out the cupboards etc.

4) We are having a Sinterklaas evening tomorrow (well, mum and dad are) and the tradition is we put all the names in a hat and draw one out. You are not supposed to spend much but the wrapping or box has to be "meaningful" in some way and there must be a poem the recipient reads out! And it is all anonymous. I'm just printing my poem out right now and the present for my person came in the post today (thank goodness).

5) Went to nearest little town, took some stuff to the charity shop, finally walked into the GP's to change my surname with the NHS (changed it over a year ago but never see the GP!), went to the library etc.

6) Made chicken chow mein for tea.

7) No snow! But freezing cold.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    Forumite
    Get well soon poorlies xx
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    sparrer wrote: »
    Woke to snow this morning
    it snowed here
    Kittikins wrote: »
    2. Snow
    1. Snow looks surperb

Where's my snow? I know snow isn't universally popular, and is downright dangerous to some of us, but I like snow, and I haven't got any snow, and I want snow! (stamps feet)

Ahem. :o

Pleasures for yesterday:
    1. For the first time since my flu jab last Friday I was able to move my arm without wincing.
    2. A few more people made contributions to the Xmas decoration fund, so I didn't feel as hard-done-by and irritable as I did on Monday. :o
    3. Took some soup to work, but realised when I defrosted it that there was only a small amount there, and nowhere near enough for a decent lunch. :( So I went to the nearest shop and bought a 'Christmas feast' sandwich - the mass-produced, factory farmed, high in fat / salt / sugar variety - and enjoyed every guilty mouthful. :D
    4. Changed the bed so I had nice clean sheets to sleep on.
    5. Walked down to the pub quiz and admired the lights which are starting to appear in various windows.
    And for today:
    1. The office Xmas tree passed its safety inspection and can stay up. (Or as 'up' as it ever gets - it was cheap for a reason, and the reason is that it looks like it's drunk an entire bottle of mulled wine before coming out of its box! :rotfl:)
    2. Spent my lunchbreak entering some seasonal competitions. I'm not a particularly dedicated comper, but it's fun occasionally and I might win something...
    3. Got a new copy of the W'rose magazine, as my previous copy was destroyed by a leaking pot of mozzarella, which turned it into a block of mildly cheesy papier mache. :( The nice lady in W'rose allowed me a free replacement copy, though. :T
    4. Central heating. I hate being cold.
    5. Managed to salvage most of an aubergine - I can't seem to keep aubergines in a usable condition for more than a couple of days, so using even most of one is an achievement.
    Broomstick and Skint - get well now!
  • Get well soon all the poorlies.
    And what on earth is going on with that icon, it definitly looks like a "love in"

I’m sorry running about like a headless chicken I’m about and I’m happy, its just we haven’t even had dinner yet and it won’t be till 10.30.
    I got sang, all be it very badly by high street carolers Christmas charity carols at lunchtime.:o
    Food planning is going really well, a bit to well if there is such a thing as the freezers are full.:D
    Bought our first Christmas goodies for ourselves, in the form of Christmas cake, baileys, Yule log.:D
    Found I forgot bread for toast so we have rtc fruit loaf for rapid prior to running out of the door as late as always breakfast.:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure