5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Gentlemen you may want to skip this post...

The Pregnancy ....Sorry guys , I'm not a kiddy person but surely pregnancy is a condition and not an illness ??? Seeing reporter standing in the dark outside the hospital in the pitch black at 5.30 am to deliver "news"...back off , give 'em some privacy . We all know now.. leave 'em alone.

Agree 100%
    VJsmum wrote: »
    Hmm - I wonder if all those (here and elsewhere) so dismissive of morning sickness haven't had morning sickness? :D It is VILE - I had constant nausea but not the relief of throwing up, dizzy and sooo tired - and I have known of others who have been hospitalised for the whole pregnancy. They say it is worse with a girl (as I have had one of each and was definitely worse with the girl, but pretty bl00dy grim with the boy). Anyway, good luck to them. I will show some vague interest when it is born and b!tch about its name probably :D

I certainly don't dismiss it lightly, having suffered NVP all day every day for the first seven months with DS, so I'm not sure the boy/girl theory is always correct. The only respite was when i tried to sleep but often got woken through the night. There was no treatment or cure, one just had to put up with it, unlike today when there may be modern methods to remedy it.
    Frith wrote: »
    Glad you said it, VJ'smum. 36 weeks of "morning" sickness with smaller son. Weirdly, it only tailed off at that point when he decided he didn't want to be breech after all! (You really don't want an almost full term baby turning round, was very strange!)

I empathise. After experiencing the above DS, also breech, turned in labour, a horrid experience. (He then got the uc round his neck twice, apparently the longest uc St Richard's had even seen at that point, and spent several days in SCBU).
    However, as Chicken said we know now so there's no need to keep calling it 'headline news'. And I shan't mention it again :)

1. spent the day shopping and treating myself. I know I shouldn't at this time of year but if people won't tell me what they want I'll just have to spend some money on me :D
    2. Had salt and pepper chicken with noodles from a street vendor for lunch, sitting in my car watching the ducks and geese on the river
    3. Got my new specs, it felt very strange driving with the distance ones but I'll no doubt soon get used to them
    4. Took four watches to have new batteries put in which only cost £8 in total.
    5. Lovely chat with a stall holder who is going to bring some curried garlic next week. I was given a jar years ago and loved it but haven't seen it since, and he said he can get some. I'll be a very happy bunny if it's the same one!

Not sleepy at all so browsing the forums, so many new posts to read each time. Hope everyone's having sweet dreams :)
  • Morning all !

VJsmum /Frith- you are correct I have not experienced morning sickness acute or chronic- the brain/cord tumour gave me enough physical sickness, dizziness for years which was more than enough . But I think they should have some privacy - simples. After all Diana was hounded mercilessly .

few for yesterday

1. Got to the site at 7.15am finished after 6pm got home and just slept..:rotfl:
    2. I did have a lovely chat with an older lady who was reminiscing about being evacuated in WW2 and how she had to take 3 year brother and 8 yr old sister with he and she took on the role of being their mother when she was 14 yrs old - wow . Some days I love my job.

Thats it ! hoping to take some flexi later :D

Have a good day all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,940
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    sparrer wrote: »
    However, as Chicken said we know now so there's no need to keep calling it 'headline news'. And I shan't mention it again :)
    Morning all !

VJsmum /Frith- you are correct I have not experienced morning sickness acute or chronic- the brain/cord tumour gave me enough physical sickness, dizziness for years which was more than enough . But I think they should have some privacy - simples. After all Diana was hounded mercilessly .

Have a good day all !

Sorry - i wasn't having a go at you guys, I had been reading all over how she should "get on with it like we have to". I agree 100% about leaving them alone, it is gonna get rather boring over the next few months. It was funny seeing reporters reporting on how many reporters there were. Leveson what???

Have a good day everyone.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • sparrer wrote: »
    Gentlemen you may want to skip this post...
    I gave up with most of the incestuous media one Sunday when I went to get my rag, and they rushed out a special edition. Took three weeks to my Private Eye. Radio silence still imposed.

5 Saw Skyfall last night, couple of quarts of wobbleades, Lady Black was all giggly.

4 Snuck in a pizza from dominos as well, only the cheap one. Price of snacks at the place is ...

3 All well till we missed late train, bu993r. Snogged home instead.

2 Tucked in instead now.

1 Out.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,143
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hurrah for Wednesday ! Only because I've had a day off!

1. After forgetting to cancel alarm ....I had an extra hour in bed which was nice and cosy, we were down to 7o last night...last week we were 42o, so a bit of a difference!

2.Dd1 and I went into city on the train and wen to a museum exhibition we both wanted to see, went to cathedral and lit a candle, had some lunch then got train home. All very pleasant but blooming cold wind blowing through the city.

3.stopped at library on way home and had a flick through some glossy magazines and borrowed some DVDs

4. Had a Wednesday afternoon snooze! How indulgent!

5. Beans on toast / Cheese and onion toasties were on the menu tonight!

Just to put my tuppence worth in, I vomited for 9 months with each pregnancy (3) and was often in hospital attached to a drip! By the time I was pregnant with 3 rd my consultant said just you phone us when you need to come in! So sympathies to Kate and anyone going through it all but hopefully the end result of a healthy baby is worth it.

I saw more dirty floors in public toilets than I ever needed to....surely that won't be a problem for HRH!

Have a lovely day :)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning all

VJsmum just realised my overnight post sounded a bit ascerbic Not intentional, honest, I was having a pity pot night cos of a couple of stupid things I let get out of all proportion. I shouldn't have posted when I was in that mood. I too look forward to the announcement of the list of names
    Mhags I know it's not funny but your seeing 'more dirty floors in public toilets than I ever needed to' did make me :D.
    Chicken one problem with freedom of the press is, imho, they try to convince us that the younger, incoming royals are celebrities because on the whole they're attractive young women. They don't realise, or rather don't want to, the effect their reporting has on those vulnerable people who have never been in the public eye before. It's a subject I feel very strongly about and have to be pushed off my soapbox regularly!

Did a survey in the night which raised my points enough to redeem for £15 L2S vouchers. Hate it when I can't sleep but that was a fringe benefit for insomnia :D

Woke to snow this morning, very beautiful looking out from the window across to the orchard beyond my garden but I wish Spring would hurry up! Hopefully there won't be any more today as I'm hoping to go out this evening and I won't drive if it's slippery.

Cooking chilli for 30 people this morning which will be frozen until next week, it always tastes better after freezing for some reason, but I'll take a little bit out for my lunch today :)

Stay safe and warm S
  • Sparrer - the beauty of this thread is that we know that we know that we can "speak" our minds and we won't get shot down in flames.
    I hope that normal service has now been resumed in Sparrerland ?

VJsmum - yep I am deeply hurt ! (Not ;))

5 for today

1. Took flexi at noon :D Currently resting with a hot water bottle on my back on the sofa...

2. PM's question time - I love how bawdy it all is !

3. Hens shocked to see me in daylight , but got more of a shock as it snowed here and they put themselves in the hen house in terror:rotfl: .

4. Knowing I have enough reports to write up at home if it snows tomorrow and I can't get into work.

5. OH is cooking a Chinese tonight :)

Off for a snooze ..
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,940
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Awwwww let's have a dodgy hug

:grouphug:

:rotfl:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • VJsmum wrote: »
    Awwwww let's have a dodgy hug

:grouphug:

:rotfl:
    Brillso idea!! Is that a gentle bump into each other?

:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Didn't post last night because I felt poorly, went to bed without supper soon after getting home at 8pm ish, got up for a couple of hours in the night then went back to sleep until 11am. Still feel tired but slightly less grotty. So only one pleasure for yesterday:

1. Lots of sleep!

Will post for today later on.

B x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills