Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Have you enquired about your Northern Rock CCA loan

Yes, I have been awarded compensation

3.57% • 1 votes

Yes, I have been advised there is no valid complaint

3.57% • 1 votes

Yes, I am awaiting a response from Northern Rock/NRAM

57.14% • 16 votes

No

35.71% • 10 votes

You may not vote on this poll

28 votes in total.

Page 90
    • Cardifflady
    • By Cardifflady 19th Oct 17, 2:39 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cardifflady
    What do you mean, are you saying Landmark Mortgages are better than Northern Rock? I have had a horrendous time with them, they are completely unprofessional and extremely unhelpful.
    • stusimpson
    • By stusimpson 22nd Oct 17, 10:47 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stusimpson
    Paul,

Thanks for the clarification, I will give the office a call. One question though, if people are successful , surely it would open up a can of worms for NR or whoever ends up paying compensation? The costs would be huge, why would they not want to go through the courts?
    Cheers Stu
    • downhiller
    • By downhiller 25th Oct 17, 1:39 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    downhiller
    Paul, are you at liberty to say what percentage of claims are successful? 100%, 90% etc?
    • stusimpson
    • By stusimpson 12th Nov 17, 10:54 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stusimpson
    Paul where have you gone?
    • Meredith76
    • By Meredith76 13th Nov 17, 7:33 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Meredith76
    We also have a 30k unsecured together loan and 50k mortage with Northern Rock taken out in 2005. Having followed the story over the last few years I had assumed that we would not get any interest back. We are still paying this and have over half the original amount left. Is it best to just fill in the solicitors form and see what they say? I'm going to try and find any original documentation today. Thanks for any help in advance.
    • pt2537
    • By pt2537 18th Nov 17, 8:53 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    pt2537
    No where mate, been in meetings all week so not had time to get online til weekend.

Anyway, for those who were doubting whether we were right or not, have a read https://consumercreditlitigationanddebtcollection.wordpres s.com/2017/11/18/nram-landmark-an-interesting-development/
    • pt2537
    • By pt2537 18th Nov 17, 8:54 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    pt2537
    Paul, are you at liberty to say what percentage of claims are successful? 100%, 90% etc?
    Originally posted by downhiller
    I havent lost with NRAM.
    • downhiller
    • By downhiller 27th Nov 17, 2:13 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    downhiller
    Thanks Paul

If it wasn't for the fact I got the mortgage originally with my ex-wife, I probably would take this further, but no amount of money is worth having to deal with her again!
    • KID77
    • By KID77 13th Jan 18, 7:52 AM
    • 204 Posts
    • 424 Thanks
    KID77
    Hi Paul, you say you haven't lost with NRAM but I am now with Whistletree, what is your success rate with them?
    DMP Number 437
    LBM May 2015 47k in debt
    Starting DMP 1st July 2015
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

454Posts Today

4,481Users online

Martin's Twitter