Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wondering2020
    • By Wondering2020 11th Jan 18, 6:03 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Wondering2020
    Interest free finance -advice
    • 11th Jan 18, 6:03 PM
    Interest free finance -advice 11th Jan 18 at 6:03 PM
    We purchased a kitchen last year on interest free finance for a year, we have the money to pay back however the finance company (very well known) have no record of an account in our name!! We have no paperwork from the Kitchen company to do with finance (I thought it was attached to the receipt and Kitchen documentation but it wasn’t!) where do we stand??? Should we try harder or leave it as it stands until we here something sent to us??
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Jan 18, 6:23 PM
    • 14,858 Posts
    • 15,685 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Jan 18, 6:23 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 6:23 PM
    where do we stand???
    Originally posted by Wondering2020
    In your new kitchen?

You stand owing the money. It's up to you how hard you chase it. They have 6 years to request it.
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 11th Jan 18, 6:27 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 7,285 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    • 11th Jan 18, 6:27 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 6:27 PM
    do you want the first contact to be a late payment marker that sits on your credit history for 6 years once the finance company sorts itself out and wants its money?
    • molerat
    • By molerat 11th Jan 18, 7:22 PM
    • 17,655 Posts
    • 11,925 Thanks
    molerat
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:22 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:22 PM
    do you want the first contact to be a late payment marker that sits on your credit history for 6 years once the finance company sorts itself out and wants its money?
    Originally posted by MallyGirl
    Jumping the gun a bit there. The finance co say they have no record and op has said they have the money to pay and are willing to pay it. Until the finance co get their act together, come up with some paperwork and actually ask for the money there is little chance of any markers and what can the op do apart from make the finance co aware and wait for them to sort it out. I have an 8 year old free TV sitting in my lounge waiting for a company to get its act together, I gave up trying after 2 years.

Have you contacted the kitchen supplier OP ?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 12th Jan 18, 6:42 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    Ganga
    • 12th Jan 18, 6:42 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 6:42 PM
    They could contact you after the 12 months are up and tell you they have added interest to the total,now you can argue that they are at fault regarding no paperwork but why possibly put yourself in that position,contact them and sort it out.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

169Posts Today

2,279Users online

Martin's Twitter