Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ait_x
    • By Ait_x 11th Jan 18, 8:12 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ait_x
    Credit score??
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:12 PM
    Credit score?? 11th Jan 18 at 8:12 PM
    Hi everyone, brand new here! Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread.

I just checked my credit score on Experian and my score has dropped from 890 to 788 this month. I'm so confused, the only thing that has actually happened differently this month is I paid off my (only) credit card in full! I haven't missed any payments etc either or exceeded my limit.

Can anyone tell me what this means or why this might have happened?

Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    • 14,799 Posts
    • 15,639 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    It's because the credit scores are made up. They will change randomly. That's why only you see them.

Ignore them completely.

The only thing that matters is the data on your file. Manage your credit responsibly and you will be fine.
    Last edited by zx81; 11-01-2018 at 8:18 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,291Posts Today

9,455Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Should you invest in Bitcoin (or any other cryptocurrency) - four things you need to know... https://t.co/KaRkDHtuka

• We'll be runnign through that in full in this weeks MSE weekly email https://t.co/hoTWl4KXVG

• RT @FinanceJames: Chatting to a barman last week, he'd dropped his entire savings on Ripple (XRP) having heard people talk about it in the?

• Follow Martin