Whose printer cartridges are cheapest?

Am fed up with buying expensive replacement cartridges for Lexmark and am looking for a new printer which doesn't cost a fortune in that area.

Any suggestions, please?

Comments

• spakkker
    spakkker Posts: 1,322 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have a look at this forum- http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/
    The cheapest option is to refill yourself.But you must get inks that are easy to refill- I use canon cli-8 cartridges and they are easy to refill. Lexmark are not so easy I've heard. Newer printers are getting harder to avoid oem ink.
  • Hi: used to have a Lexmark printer which I loved but had to give it away when the new PC arrived with Vista which wasn't compatible. You can buy ink to refill the cartridges yourself quite easily - have a look on Ebay - its really cheap. Our new printer is an Epsom and the cartridges are about £6.99 from PC World which seemed to be a hell of a lot cheaper but then found they only lasted 5 minutes compared to the Lexmark.
    Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool like me!! _party_ :dance: :dance: _party_
  • Jake'sGran
    Jake'sGran Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    After a lot of trial and error I have settled on Inkcycle for my compatibles. The originals for HP are very expensive (should have looked at that before I bought the printer). The compatibles/refills seem to be fine and Inkcyle give points on every purchase which can be redeemed as cash.
  • I'd like to know the answer to this one, too. Seems to me that some cartridges can cost as much as the original price of the printer!
  • bookduck
    bookduck Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    price the cartridges first, then choose a printer and quality thereof around the cartridges. Make sure you have more than one source of cheap cartridge, or you may find you bought into a 'special offer'

If you are doing many prints ebay CIS, then choose your printer according to price and quality.
    GOOGLE it before you ask, you'll often save yourself a lot of time. ;)
  • At Dabs4work.com, the cartridges for the new Epson Stylus D120 printer (£54.43 + VAT) are £6.71 + VAT for black (2 required) and £6.72 + VAT for cyan, magenta or yellow. A pack of all 5 is £16.72 +VAT.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • epson d92 printers are currently on offer at pc world at only £29.99 and free delivery
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0230000140.1201700612@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcadedejjfdfkcflgceggdhhmdgmi.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=103060&category_oid=
    the compatible cartridges are very also cheap on ebay,the printer also has seperate cartridges for each colour which means they last longer,i got one myself a couple of months back and have found the printing quality using epson and the ebay cartridges to be excellent
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.
  • epson d92 printers are currently on offer at pc world at only £29.99 and free delivery
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0230000140.1201700612@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcadedejjfdfkcflgceggdhhmdgmi.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=103060&category_oid=
    the compatible cartridges are very also cheap on ebay,the printer also has seperate cartridges for each colour which means they last longer,i got one myself a couple of months back and have found the printing quality using epson and the ebay cartridges to be excellent

Frankly, I rarely print anything other than wordprocessing. When I DO print a webpage, the colour content is almost always unnecessary.

Does this mean I could just fit the one black ink cartridge to the D92?
  • yes, you get a full set of cartridges with the printer and you only need to replace the black one when its empty,ive just had a look on ebay and you can get a pack of 3 black compatible cartridges for less than 6 pounds including p&p
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.
  • djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Does this mean I could just fit the one black ink cartridge to the D92?

Almost certain that you can't run on black cartridge only. The printer will stop if ANY cartridge is empty or missing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure