Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa

Options

Comments

• IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    It's FP in and out. You need to have a debit card or an Anytime Internet Banking card (and one of those interchangeable card readers) to set up a payee. Daily withdrawal limit is £20k, where Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday form part of the next working day.

Do you know if an RBS debit card would work, or would it have to be an Ulster Bank debit card? I'm not sure if RBS-owned banks have systems that talk to each other, like Halifax and Bank of Scotland do. Thanks.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't have an RBS card but my NatWest card doesn't work with Ulster Bank, and vice versa. I would think you need one from Ulster.
  • vouch0r
    vouch0r Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 June 2017 at 5:57PM
    Options
    thanks slightly better than my coventry isa paying 1.1!

worth thinking about closing santander accounts as im sure they are equiv to about 1.25 with the fee added on?
  • buffman
    buffman Posts: 436 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »

You need to have an Anytime Internet Banking card (and one of those interchangeable card readers) to set up a payee

I have ordered a card reader online. I could not see an option to order an Anytime Internet Banking Card. Do I receive this automatically or do I need to phone to order?
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    buffman wrote: »
    I have ordered a card reader online. I could not see an option to order an Anytime Internet Banking Card. Do I receive this automatically or do I need to phone to order?

"An Anytime Banking card and PIN will be automatically provided for use with the card reader if you do not have an existing Ulster Bank debit card"

http://digital.ulsterbank.co.uk/personal/savings/instant-access-accounts/eSavings.html
  • pavane
    pavane Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    Application filed, no ID verification in person at bank needed.
  • buffman
    Options
    I have opened my account, paid money in, and viewed the deposit online.

I have now received an email asking me to upload photo ID (e.g. a photograph of my passport) before my account is up and running!. Has anyone else received this email?
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have opened my account, paid money in, and viewed the deposit online.

I have now received an email asking me to upload photo ID (e.g. a photograph of my passport) before my account is up and running!. Has anyone else received this email?

I do not hold a photo driving licence and my passport is well out of date.
    I could not complete the online form on Friday due to this, spoke to someone this morning who said to wait 24 hours.

I have just received an email requesting photo ID to be uploaded, and have just called them,they are sending out a pack with some documentation to sign and return, do not need photo ID as I have been verified and they just need a signature and to ignore the email, at least that is what I have just been told.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• EdSwippet
    EdSwippet Posts: 1,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Has anyone else received this email?
    Yes. Also a letter requesting a certified paper copy of my passport and a recent bank statement. And unlike your case, my account is not up and running (or if it is then Ulster Bank has not bothered to pass on any of its details such as account number, online login, and so on to me!).

No idea whether supplying just the passport photo online will suffice. Also no idea why some folk go straight past all the KYC hurdles while others have to jump them. It all seems a bit random. Shrug.
  • buffman
    Options
    I have been told to ignore the email requesting me to upload some photo ID.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback