IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Beaufort Park visit

Eatshootsleaves
Eatshootsleaves Posts: 47 Forumite
edited 18 April 2017 at 3:12PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello I am a resident of Beaufort Park in Colindale, my first and only visit by my friend ended in a pcn for her, I have a parking permit as a resident with a 3 bedroom apartment, bought a book of 10 parking vouchers, my friend told me she had arrived, I gave her a voucher correctly filled in and she parked the car and spent a couple of hours with me, when she left we found a pcn.
Now it turns out that the pcn was issued because she was parked in an area which is gated, and she was only supposed to be outside the gated area, my issue with this is that the gates are not operational currently,the gates will not be used until the car park is finished , not only that I am a disabled person so it is difficult for me to walk outside of my "gated block" to locate my friend to give her a voucher. I feel victimised because I am disabled, I have a blue badge,I have a parking permit in a disabled bay, but I have to travel God knows where around the estate to give my visitors vouchers, which is really inconvenient for me.

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Then you need to get stuck-in to the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum to get yourself informed about the situation with private parking, the various avenues to challenge tickets and start raising hell with your estate "management" to get this cancelled on her behalf!

Also, Blue Badges mean nothing on private property - its the Equality Act that applies there, regardless of anyone having a badge or not.
  • Thanks for the quick reply, I believe I need to wait for the notification to driver before I start the appeal, and is it a case of trespassing, so the cost to the estate is minimal
    Also where are the stickies located
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 April 2017 at 3:50PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, I believe I need to wait for the notification to driver before I start the appeal, and is it a case of trespassing, so the cost to the estate is minimal

The NEWBIES explains whether to wait for the NTK or not, depending on which trade association the parking scammers belong to.

So, please tell us the name of the parking company that issued the PCN.

This is not a trespass case, unless the landowner issued the PCN. If the PCN is from a private parking company then it is a case of contract law.
    What does your lease/AST say about parking and parking permits? This will override any made up rules the parking scammers may think applies.

Please also clarify. Who is waiting for the NTK, you or your friend? In other words, who is the keeper of the car involved?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • pogofish
    Thanks for the quick reply, I believe I need to wait for the notification to driver before I start the appeal, and is it a case of trespassing, so the cost to the estate is minimal

Then now is a very good time to get yourself up to speed - before the NTK arrives. Don't act in haste here - They have to get the NTK to you within a strict timescale and you do not want to hand them personal info for free or let them-off of a stage that a surprising number of companies manage to screw-up regularly.

I told you exactly where the stickies are in my post!
  • pogofish wrote: »
    Then now is a very good time to get yourself up to speed - before the NTK arrives. Don't act in haste here - They have to get the NTK to you within a strict timescale and you do not want to hand them personal info for free or let them-off of a stage that a surprising number of companies manage to screw-up regularly.

I told you exactly where the stickies are in my post!
    I know the blue badge is irrelevant because it's my blue badge on my car and not on my visitor, I mentioned the blue badge to highlight the fact that I am disabled and have mobility issues which impede me in locating visitors outside the gated area
    Regarding the stickies, it's obvious where it is if you know where to look, I'm looking at the top but I can't see it
  • It's napier parking
  • Ok just to clarify, the keeper of the vehicle is my visitor, and I am using my mobile phone, so maybe the layout of this forum is different, saying that I have been using desktop version on my mobile
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,327 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ok just to clarify, the keeper of the vehicle is my visitor, and I am using my mobile phone, so maybe the layout of this forum is different, saying that I have been using desktop version on my mobile

It's virtually impossible to do this properly on a mobile phone. A reasonable sized tablet or better a laptop/PC makes it much easier to have a number of tabs open for cross-references as will be needed as time progresses.

Really it is you friend who needs to be dealing with this, because she has the potential liability.

PS - the NEWBIES FAQ sticky is one of the first three threads permanently 'stuck' near the top of the forum thread list, one page back from this one. Hit your 'Back' button ( < )
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pogofish
    Regarding the stickies, it's obvious where it is if you know where to look, I'm looking at the top but I can't see it

In order to post here, you have already confirmed that you had read and understood the forum basics page, which fully explained stickies, their importance and location. Pleading ignorance does not work - go and read it NOW!
  • ok so last week I have received the ntk, and it says that my appeal was during the 21 days I had the ticket on the car, and now I cant appeal (but I did anyway using the IPC template)
    the reason why I am representing the keeper is because the keeper doesn't speak English as a first language, wasn't actually the driver, got the pcn because my wife told the driver to park in the wrong place, and they are all nervous and just want to pay the fine. However me being the stubborn type and recognise a scam when I see one, feel its my duty to relieve them from this injustice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure