Lloyds TSB Trustcard loyalty points

Hi, i'm just about to pay off my Lloyds Tsb credit card and close the account. The only thing is i've collected quite a lot of 'loyalty points' over the last 7+ years having never redeemed them.
Has anyone had any experience on claiming these points as in what sort of things you can buy or get discounts on? I used to get a mini catalogue with each statement but they seemed to stop coming a while ago.

Thanks, Davey.

Comments

• jinkssick
    jinkssick Posts: 1,323
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    thanks to saynoto0870

01273 799270 Ask for Trustcard Points Redemption dep't

request a catalogue or questions with them
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
  • jinkssick wrote: »
    thanks to saynoto0870

01273 799270 Ask for Trustcard Points Redemption dep't

request a catalogue or questions with them
    Thanks jinkssick! Is the catalogue just like a flyer or is there quite a lot to chose from?
    Btw, saynoto0870 has been at the top of my internet favorites for ages and is a great money saver!
  • mateypeeps
    mateypeeps Posts: 167
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 30 May 2010 at 9:55AM
    Thanks jinkssick! Is the catalogue just like a flyer or is there quite a lot to chose from?
    Btw, saynoto0870 has been at the top of my internet favorites for ages and is a great money saver!

I just found this post, looking for information on what to do with my points as well.

There is NOT a lot to chose from.

I agree, everyone says this scheme is now a joke.

The catalogue is just a pamphlet, there is nothing worth having but the 10% disounted vouchers.

Given the inducement to spend using their card in the past, for real gifts (I remember the free Argos £5 voucher for 100 or 200 points I think it was) the fact they moved the goalposts soon after and made every offer one where you have to spend at a discount (that you often get anyway if you know where to look), is at least counterproductive if this "loyalty" scheme is intended to make customers love being with Lloyds TSB.

In fact they should call it a customer losing scheme not a customer loyalty scheme.

I only hold on to the card now to give me an emergency source of balance transfer if ever needed, and to avoid losing the years worth of points I built up, with the hope that one day they will develop a conscience.

I even remember the cheeky "bar-stewards" sent a new card offer, where you could swap over to the new card, and in very small print in an obscure place in the conditions was the mention of the fact that all your OLD points would be WIPED OUT.

What sort of FSA Treating-Customers-Fairly demonstration was that???

Perhaps if Martin's mob approached the FSA about this particular points scheme, and the disgust most of us have for it, the FSA will do something about reinstating it as the old scheme was.

But I doubt Lloyds could be made to now, especially as it is nearly belly-up with the newly acquired £11 billion drain-on-resources HBOS.

Eric Daniels seems a decent bloke, perhaps a word in his shell-like would get things moving.

No point in them spending on adverts on telly telling us how good they are to us customers, if a lot of us are going round telling relatives, friends, and social networks.

Or is it just me getting too old?
  • Over the years I accumulated a thousand or so of these points and have gradually been using them up to buy John Lewis vouchers, very useful as I was getting £100 worth of vouchers for £90 and 100 points. Effectively this gave me 10% discount on groceries at Waitrose. However TrustCard discontinued John Lewis vouchers last February. Does anyone know if they still issue Argos, Homebase and B&Q vouchers?
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Only through the Airmiles duo card I think.
  • It's old news but I bought a couple of hundred B&Q vouchers this way. When Woolworths shops folded we discovered the vouchers were issued by Woolworths Finance and I lost the lot.
  • trukdiver
    trukdiver Posts: 747 Forumite
    edited 1 September 2009 at 3:44PM
    mateypeeps wrote: »
    I just found this post, looking for information on what to do with my points as well.

There is NOT a lot to chose from.

I agree, everyone says this scheme is now a joke.

The catalogue is just a pamphlet, there is nothing worth having but the 10% disounted vouchers.

Given the inducement to spend using their card in the past, for real gifts (I remember the free Argos £5 voucher for 100 or 200 points I think it was) the fact they moved the goalposts soon after and made every offer one where you have to spend at a discount (that you often get anyway if you know where to look), is at least counterproductive if this "loyalty" scheme is intended to make customers love being with Lloyds TSB.

In fact they should call it a customer losing scheme not a customer loyalty scheme.

I only hold on to the card now to give me an emergency source of balance transfer if ever needed, and to avoid losing the years worth of points I built up, with the hope that one day they will develop a conscience.

I even remember the cheeky "bar-stewards" sent a new card offer, where you could swap over to the new card, and in very small print in an obscure place in the conditions was the mention of the fact that all your OLD points would be WIPED OUT.

What sort of FSA Treating-Customers-Fairly demonstration was that???

Perhaps if Martin's mob approached the FSA about this particular points scheme, and the disgust most of us have for it, the FSA will do something about reinstating it as the old scheme was.

But I doubt Lloyds could be made to now, especially as it is nearly belly-up with the newly acquired £11 billion drain-on-resources HBOS.

Eric Daniels seems a decent bloke, perhaps a word in his shell-like would get things moving.

No point in them spending on adverts on telly telling us how good they are to us customers, if a lot of us are going round telling relatives, friends, and social networks, what a "cunch of bunts" they are.

Or is it just me getting too old?

I had loads of points on mine but didn't use the card for a couple of years after they changed the rules for redeeming them. I'd almost forgotten I still had it! When it expired, they sent me a new card and, as I wasn't using the card, charged me £35 for it. When I cancelled the card, I lost the points and couldn't use the card but they kept the £35 charge on it. Two years later, they decided to charge me for not paying the charge imposed for not using the card and now ring me every couple of days demanding the money. So now they want £129 for NOT using the card! :confused:

The annoying thing is that I'm a Lloyds shareholder (have been since it was TSB). :rotfl:
  • trukdriver, that's awful, a complete rip-off.

I've just called up to ask what I can get vouchers for now (my most recent leaflet being from Oct 2008) and was told that the ONLY deal they do now is on High Street Vouchers - which I guess means the Love2Shop ones. (Leaflet has been put in the post so I'll find out when it gets here.) So no more 10% off at Argos or M&S, which IMO were pretty much the only things that this voucher scheme had going for it. Going to redeem my points (or most of them) and then cancel the card.

The vouchers don't make the most original Christmas presents but at least there's still a wide choice of places to use them, and I think I can be forgiven for lack of originality in Christmas shopping this year since I'm due to give birth in about 3 weeks' time!
  • lynneinjapan
    lynneinjapan Posts: 400
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 6 November 2009 at 9:59AM
    I've just called up to ask what I can get vouchers for now (my most recent leaflet being from Oct 2008) and was told that the ONLY deal they do now is on High Street Vouchers - which I guess means the Love2Shop ones. (Leaflet has been put in the post so I'll find out when it gets here.) So no more 10% off at Argos or M&S, which IMO were pretty much the only things that this voucher scheme had going for it. Going to redeem my points (or most of them) and then cancel the card.

Got my leaflet through yesterday and it's not Love2Shop vouchers after all; the choice is now:

Waterstones
    Argos
    HMV
    Debenhams
    Boots
    Bhs
    Homebase
    slh.com (Small Luxury Hotels)
    Leisure Vouchers
    PC World
    Currys / Currys.digital
    JJB Sports
    Laithwaites
    Mothercare
    Harrods
    Abercrombie & Kent
    Arcadia Group (Burtons, D Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Outfit, Top Shop/Man, Wallis)
    National Garden Gift Vouchers
    Habitat
    House of Fraser
    WHSmith

So it's still for individual chains rather than a single voucher that can be redeeemed in lots of places, but I'm glad to see that at least Argos is still on there!

P.S. As far as I'm aware, the vouchers can only be used instore, not for online purchases... but on the plus side, I think they still come as paper vouchers with no expiry date so you can split them up and give away small amounts rather than having just a single gift card with a time limit on it (or at least that was the case the last time I ordered them, which was a good few months ago now).

You can also use the landline number 01273 799270 to redeem your points, though you do have to go through a few security hoops and then ask for the Trustcard Points Redemption Dept if you do it that way. If they offer to give you the direct line number rather than putting you through then decline unless you get free 0845 calls!
  • Thanks for latest list - haven't been sent any leaflets for ages, probably because I hardly use this now but still have lots of these points from years ago. Just got some Argos vouchers - they have a 3 years expiry now which is better than before.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure