Fencing quote

Options
13»

Comments

• bretts
    bretts Posts: 470 Forumite
    Options
    Well no its not that easy i suppose coz i did take out the old concrete posts only to find there are more concrete bases when I was digging in, so now I have to get rid of those bases which have iron rods in between them, making really hard job of it.
    Can you please tell me how deep did you dig.
  • bmthmark
    bmthmark Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bretts wrote: »
    Well no its not that easy i suppose coz i did take out the old concrete posts only to find there are more concrete bases when I was digging in, so now I have to get rid of those bases which have iron rods in between them, making really hard job of it.
    Can you please tell me how deep did you dig.

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time - it will be worth it in the end.

The posts I bought were 8ft so I dug just under 2ft per hole. That left enough for the gravel board and the fence panel.

Once I had the first hole dug I put the post in and also the concrete. I made sure this was level and following my guide string. I was then able to slot the gravel board in and the first fence panel. This then gave me the area I had to dig the next hole. I just kept doing that until all done.
  • drreecewood
    Options
    Thought this might be relevant here - I run a free service called Quotable (quotable.tech) that helps people retrieve and compare quotes for various goods/services. It can be used for literally anything, just upload what you're looking for and we'll put it out the most relevant suppliers. It's worth using for your next job to get a ballpark figure from 5 or so suppliers before committing to anything (all quotes are no obligation).

Best of luck with the DIY approach!

Reece
  • Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    Options
    Thought this might be relevant here - I run a free service called Quotable (quotable.tech) that helps people retrieve and compare quotes for various goods/services. It can be used for literally anything, just upload what you're looking for and we'll put it out the most relevant suppliers. It's worth using for your next job to get a ballpark figure from 5 or so suppliers before committing to anything (all quotes are no obligation).

Best of luck with the DIY approach!

Reece

I meant to say Spam, but it came out as Scam. Never mind, both some up this post quite nicely.
  • Craftingmama01
    Options
    We were charged £600 for 4 panels. It seems quite high to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure