Pensioner Bonds

Options
13»

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please allow to make up my own mind and contribute to this forum in any way I wish. For me, 3% paid monthly tax-free trumps possibly 2.8% or a little more, on a rumoured limit of £10k per person, with the hassle of claiming the tax on the interest back. Hope my decision is ok with you.

Everyone on here is allowed to make up their own mind, goes without saying on any internet forum.

Everyone on here is also allowed to ask questions of people who have expressed their views.

Nobody has an obligation to answer questions they have been asked about their posts. Shame you have chosen this option. We can all make mistakes in a haste. When this happens to me, I just put my hands up and post one of these :o:p:( :cheesy::embarasse:smileyhea
  • AlwaysLearnin
    Options
    towny44 wrote: »
    Maybe they should have a word with Amazon, their system provides the slickest one I have come across, and as yet I have never had any problems.

I personally find Amazons search facilities somewhat restrictive
    What is this special snowflakes comment? You got a problem with the older generation?

You're barking up the wrong tree there!
  • towny44
    Options
    I personally find Amazons search facilities somewhat restrictive
    So do I assume the NS&I search facility to be expansive then.;):rotfl:
  • Onawingandaprayer
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    We can all make mistakes in a haste. When this happens to me, I just put my hands up and post one of these :o:p:( :cheesy::embarasse:smileyhea

and the mistake I made in haste was...?
  • Onawingandaprayer
    Options

You're barking up the wrong tree there!

And there's me thinking pensioners being 'special snowflakes' was somehow derogatory. Clearly a compliment.
  • lejog2003
    lejog2003 Posts: 202 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2014 at 10:57AM
    Options
    And there's me thinking pensioners being 'special snowflakes' was somehow derogatory. Clearly a compliment.

As someone who is retired, I did find the comments "what is wrong with our pensioners?" and "pensioners are special snowflakes" were appallingly ignorant and offensive because of their stereotypical and ageist nature. Substitute women or members of an ethnic minority for pensioners and I suspect the posts would be moderated, but ageism is somehow acceptable.

But "special snowflakes" for someone who's moaning about having to reclaim tax via an R40, yes that would be quite amusing. But please don't tar us all with the same brush, we're not all grumpy old men. ;)
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lejog2003 wrote: »
    we're not all grumpy old men. ;)

I am! :)
  • Onawingandaprayer
    Options

But yes "special snowflakes" for someone who's moaning about having to reclaim tax via an R40, yes that would be quite amusing. But please don't tar us all with the same brush, we're not all grumpy old men. ;)

Agreed. But I didn't 'moan' about it. Just said the fact of having to do it didn't suit me.
  • lejog2003
    Options
    I apologize, my post could have been a little better phrased. That remark wasn't aimed at your posts, it was aimed at the final sentence of the first post of the thread, which did strike me very much as grumpy-old-man like and helped set the tone for the thread.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,049 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    we're not all grumpy old men.
    talexuser wrote: »
    I am!
    Me too, nothing wrong with it

I'm looking forward to being a slightly deaf grumpy old man so I can say What? after everything everyone else says :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure