PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2014 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'd like to join for November please. My budget will be £180 to run from October 28th to November 27th.

Money is tight at the moment so I will try and come in under this amount.

Good Luck all.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,185 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 October 2014 at 7:17AM
    Hi, could you put me down for £240 for all of Nov!
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • Please put me down for £320 from 31/10 to 27/11.

Thank you!
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • Mrsmac
    Mrsmac Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Please add me in for £140

Good luck everyone
    Jan17 o/s £36,579.81 _pale_
    May17 o/s £33,738 :(
    Apr-18 o/s £23,551 :undecided
  • january_23
    january_23 Posts: 172 Forumite
    edited 20 October 2014 at 8:53AM
    Been away from this site way too long. Life took over really I hate to say, then on top of that we had to move and had no internet for quite a while.
    Our budget has gone up way too much for my liking in the time I've been away from here. Not happy.

I'm changing the budget from using the months like I used to and going by payday instead as I think this will work out easier for us.

November will be Oct 31st - Nov 27th

Please add us for £200 for November.

(I'm doing October on my own as a run through but am lurking in the October thread)
    2 adults groceries: June £35.79/£200
    # 3 - Saving for Xmas 2015 £1 a day. £122/£365
    TTC #1 since 06/08/12
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi there, I had October off and my budget went haywire so I have to rein it in. Please can you put me down for £500 as it's a 5 week month. This is for 2 adults and 3 teenagers and a cat. I am following weightwatchers so I should be eating a lot less than I have been, never mind the trips to the shop for snackage!
  • Could I please join in with £160 for the month from 1st November to 30th November.

This amount should cover all foodstuffs, cleaning products and toiletries for the month. I am clearing my freezer this month (October) so I will have little food to carry over.

I have kept a separate purse for anything I buy for Christmas and will then add it to the December Challenge.
  • Yay November! I am back on the MSE wagon and definitely back for the GC and back in to SW mode to finally shift some of the extra baby weight that's been getting me down and keeping me in a vicious downbeat circle :)

Christmas is coming! I added a couple of foodie treats to the trolley last month and will add a couple more this month :)

Baby is now in full weaning mode (we are doing purees - part bought and part homemade atm to move in to all homemade in the next couple of months) I am also back at work now so have accounted for the rise in packed lunch needs in the budget.

Please could I be put down for £130 for November (oct 24th-nov25th) ; this will cover breakfasts, lunches and evenings meals all month (including a roast each sunday) extra fruit and snacks for bf, training food for bf (nutella and wraps) purees/formula/fromage frais for bairn and a few treats. I've joined the Orchard with Tesco and got my first set of vouchers so they will help too :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for the new thread Zip. Good luck with the challenge everyone! :)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi there!

I'm going to try for 160 next month :j

This is to include all supermarket shopping, incl. cleaning products, cat food and loo roll (not including chicken feed!)

I have quite a well stocked pantry so I'm hoping to be able to chuck a few extras in for Christmas too. I can't believe how fast this year has gone! :eek:

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport