City Financial Loan Brokers....SCAM or NOT ?

Options

Comments

• Country_Boy
    Options
    I have recently been looking for a £5000 unsecured loan and the experience has been very interesting to say the least. I had paid an upfront fee to a couple of companies who provided lists but no loan. These included Loan Options and My Loan Search.

I was contacted by City Financial who I declined to pay a fee to and within 24 hours was contacted by various Indian gentlemen with very English sounding names. They all said they were lenders not brokers so there was no fee - just pay the first months repayment in advance to prove 'affordability'. The methods for such payments were 3V vouchers, UKash, Moneygram, debit card, all of which are difficult or impossible to recall.

The companies were Cashonefinance (cashone.co.uk) based in 145-157 St Johns Street London EC1 and connected to Extra Edge Solutions who also seem to be connected to others.

Loan and Finance Limited based in 62 King Street, Manchester but I cannot as yet work out if they are connected to City Financial. They even quoted the UK Credit Act to me to justify the upfront instalment as a legal requirement.

UK Financial who actually sent a contract full of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

Quick Cash (quickcash.co.nz - interesting an Indian representing a New Zealand company in the UK!

The latest guy said he was from Personal Loan Match, and he was a lender, but if you go onto the website they are brokers. He said the £40 fee was for admin and said I could have up to £15000. I have no idea whether this company is genuine and has been hijacked, or is part of the scam. If I click on the contact page of their website it goes to 'runtime error'.

It has all been very interesting and I will post any more info as and when.
  • terry_whalley
    Options
    we have been scammed by them but for 540 not a laughing matter not sure what else wecan do
  • terry_whalley
    Options
    I have recently been lookingfor a £5000 unsecured loan and the experience has been very interesting to say the least. I had paid an upfront fee to a couple of companies who provided lists but no loan. These included Loan Options and My Loan Search.

I was contacted by City Financial who I declined to pay a fee to and within 24 hours was contacted by various Indian gentlemen with very English sounding names. They all said they were lenders not brokers so there was no fee - just pay the first months repayment in advance to prove 'affordability'. The methods for such payments were 3V vouchers, UKash, Moneygram, debit card, all of which are difficult or impossible to recall.

The companies were Cashonefinance (cashone.co.uk) based in 145-157 St Johns Street London EC1 and connected to Extra Edge Solutions who also seem to be connected to others.

Loan and Finance Limited based in 62 King Street, Manchester but I cannot as yet work out if they are connected to City Financial. They even quoted the UK Credit Act to me to justify the upfront instalment as a legal requirement.

UK Financial who actually sent a contract full of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

Quick Cash (quickcash.co.nz - interesting an Indian representing a New Zealand company in the UK!

The latest guy said he was from Personal Loan Match, and he was a lender, but if you go onto the website they are brokers. He said the £40 fee was for admin and said I could have up to £15000. I have no idea whether this company is genuine and has been hijacked, or is part of the scam. If I click on the contact page of their website it goes to 'runtime error'.

It has all been very interesting and I will post any more info as and when.
    .its a scam we have been done out of 540 pounds by them ..please anyone dont use them and be careful
  • terry_whalley
    Options
    Please anyone dont use a company called city finance or leads valley they are scams ...we have lost 540 because of them .....money we browed from family thinking we could pay them back asap and help us out of a mess we have got in a bigger one now ....
  • Peelerfart
    Peelerfart Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok terry - how on earth did they manage to get £540 quid out of you?
    Space available for rent
  • Absolute bunch of c**ts.
    When you ring, don't expect to get through once they have taken your money!! There are 2 numbers. One number just rings and then you get a message 'All our advisors are busy, leave your name and number and we will call you back A.S.A.P' ..... THEY DONT! I left 25 messages saying my name and number this week! When you ring the other number they tell you they cant help you and hang up!

Now that it has been 5 working days since my paperwork had been received (bearing in mind the money was supposed to be in my account by 6pm this day at the latest) ironic that when Shi**y financial close at 5pm! I called them up today (day six) and I just got told that the advisor was emailing the company to call me today ...... guess what NO CALL!

These mugs wanna be closed down! Its ALWAYS the same lass who you eventually get through to and she is a right b***h when you tell her that you now know that shi**y financial are a bunch of scam artists!!
  • maggie58_2
    Options
    Is this company a scam or am I just paranoid, I paid £65 to them today and was told I was to receive £5000 by between Tuesday and Thursday next week. I questioned Jonathan who was my advisor about the loan and he told me I'd definitely got it, the APR is 15% and the repayments are £118 a month over 5 years.
    My problem is I have now been sent the T&C which state they're a loan brokers and not a loan company (which I was led to believe). Now I'm worried am I even going to get my money, has anyone else had any problems with this company or on a brighter note actually had a loan payment like promised ???

I was looking for a loan of £1000 and thought I was getting a good deal. I was asked to pay £50 by Ukash which I did. Was given a phone number licence number and FFA number. An hour later they phoned again and asked for a further £99 for an electronic transfer of funds.I am still getting phone calls. Have I been duped? Is this a scam? They aslo have my bank account number and sort code What a fool
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    maggie58 wrote: »
    Have I been duped? Is this a scam?
    YES
    maggie58 wrote: »
    What a fool
    Sadly Yes.

Paying anything by Ukash is the same as leaving a brown envelope full of cash on a park bench. Your money is gone.
  • djmickeyb
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!! THESE ARE SCAMS!!!!!!!!!!
    just had money taken from my account to these criminals. When on the phone to them yesterday there where my BEST FRIEND!!! Today they cant do anything to help me. They say that that never miss sold this to me even though RACHEL (my personal advisor) oh yeah that only deals with new applications and cant talk to me any more?????) told me point blank that they where not brokers when they are!!!! Also they are sooooo rude on the phone whilst i was calm and collective till one point i did lose my temper and was told that they are going to hang up now due to my attitude!!!!
    THESE PPL ARE A JOKE DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!!!!
  • Peelerfart
    Peelerfart Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone detected a theme running all the way through this thread?
    Space available for rent
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport