Post-accident compensation calls

Options

Comments

• Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am going to top myself. I thought it was two years......
    Je suis sabot...
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Tell them you've already claimed??
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do people still answer "random" calls like this? I would never dream of answering a call if it was not a number i recognised.
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    boliston wrote: »
    Do people still answer "random" calls like this? I would never dream of answering a call if it was not a number i recognised.

I have little choice seeing as new customers tend not to let me know their number before calling for the first time.

Since the spam callers are more and more using "normal" mobile numbers and local geographic ones can't afford to ignore them. I now have a contact called "spam" on my phone who has a silent ringtone and something like 80 numbers. Doesn't catch all of them but it's getting there.
  • Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Truecall. Best £100 I ever spent. It reduced nuisance calls from around 30 a day to zero.

http://www.truecall.co.uk/
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Unfortunately, I use my mobile for business and do not recognise all calls.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Sagaris
    Sagaris Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You can download the Truecaller app for your phone - I have been in a similar position to this, my husband was driven into at a junction earlier this year, writing my car off. Before I had the app I used to ask them for the details of the accident - 'you're calling me, you clearly have the details, so would you enlighten me please?' That used to scare most of them off! Or, 'which accident - I've had so many' would usually have them putting the phone down.

With the truecaller app it already knows which numbers have been flagged up as a nuisance - so on the first call you have the option to answer or block - I just block them - peace reigns! Give it a go - it's free too.

Good luck - they really are a nuisance.
    :j Almost 2 stones gone! :j
    :heart2: RIP Clio 1.9.93 - 7.4.10 :heart2:
    :p I WILL be tidy, I WILL be tidy! :p
  • oscarward
    oscarward Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I usually tell them the screams from the other car are haunting me, can I claim compensation even if I caused the accident?

I vary the scenario depending on what mood I'm in, the last time I told them I had crashed in to a ship which had a band playing on the deck as it went down!
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When my mobile rings and it's an unlnown numberI ignore it then Google it, if they are cold callers them added to my block list.
  • Bristol_Kiddy
    Options
    Unfortunately I cannot block all unknown numbers on my mobile as I often have genuine calls from new people I need to take. When I answer it only to be confronted with the usual 4 seconds of silence then the noise and chatter of a call centre when the call connects I ring off and add the number to my blocked calls list, but unfortunately these places seem to operate using a whole batch of outgoing phone numbers. As mentioned there are also a lot of call centres using fake geographic phone numbers now so often it appears that it's a local call coming in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure