D.L.A LIFE AWARDS help needed

Comments

• southantrim3
    southantrim3 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    TOBRUK wrote: »
    Ahh ... in the cabinet! :rotfl:

Couldn't possibly comment ;)
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It does mean something,It means the original doctor does/did not think your condition is likely to improve.

You misunderstood what I was meaning ...
    I meant As far as the Government was concerned !!
  • nogginthenog
    nogginthenog Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    21Twinkle wrote: »
    You misunderstood what I was meaning ...
    I meant As far as the Government was concerned !!

I believe the law trumps the goverment,or is supposed too,
    Not taking into account the goverment of course dont change the laws or raise the crossbar.
    Child of a Fighting Race.
  • Dray_2
    Dray_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    :naughty: Outside information more like. It's not a medical.

Can't be. Not before any person with the potential to have a disability gets pulled outside the medical system and is monitored by civil servants. Last time I heard, that government got the push.

It's a NEEDS assessment. Not saying their any good, just what it is.
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    edited 4 July 2010 at 8:51AM
    The present system is a "needs assesment", but based on medical evidence and history and the claimants version of how it affects them.

The addition of compulsory "medicals" are just that, "medical" or "physical" assesments over and above what is in place at present for those with well documented histories. Those without tend to get called for "medicals" already.

Call it what you want, makes no difference ;)

Quote from the DWP official website;

"DLA awards can be decided on the basis of self-reporting of need and, although medical assessments are sought for certain awards, these are not mandatory. We believe support must be offered on the basis of genuine need.
    That's why we're taking the decision to reassess everyone of working age on DLA, and ensure everyone in the future goes through a proper gateway to claim the benefit"
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    "New medical test to claim Disability Living Allowance
    The government will introduce a medical test to claim Disability Living Allowance from 2013. You’ll have to take the test whether you’re a new or existing claimant. The test will replace the current application forms."

When I put in a claim for DLA - 2 years ago - I won on appeal - but had to go through a "medical assessment" at home by an Atos shrink - so what does the above mean ??
    Does it imply that most people have not actually been examined and DWP are relying on what people put on their application forms ?
  • EssEmmTee
    EssEmmTee Posts: 16 Forumite
    I might just take a trip to the bookies and put a £100 bet that the people carrying out the medicals from 2013 will have been (unofficially) instructed to fail as many they can.

They are probably being conditioned right now by wearing headphones and listening to the mantra ..... "Must save money ... Must save money ... Must save money"

You think I am joking ? ........
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    21Twinkle wrote: »
    "New medical test to claim Disability Living Allowance
    The government will introduce a medical test to claim Disability Living Allowance from 2013. You’ll have to take the test whether you’re a new or existing claimant. The test will replace the current application forms."

When I put in a claim for DLA - 2 years ago - I won on appeal - but had to go through a "medical assessment" at home by an Atos shrink - so what does the above mean ??
    Does it imply that most people have not actually been examined and DWP are relying on what people put on their application forms ?

At present some people do not have a medical by an independent medical professional, their DLA awards are assessed based on the application forms and reports from their own medical professionals.

I am not sure what proportion of claimants currently have an independent examination. I could find out, but it would take me a while!
    EssEmmTee wrote: »
    I might just take a trip to the bookies and put a £100 bet that the people carrying out the medicals from 2013 will have been (unofficially) instructed to fail as many they can.

They are probably being conditioned right now by wearing headphones and listening to the mantra ..... "Must save money ... Must save money ... Must save money"

You think I am joking ? ........

I think you are scaremongering, with no actual evidence to back up your statement.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    dmg24 wrote: »
    At present some people do not have a medical by an independent medical professional, their DLA awards are assessed based on the application forms and reports from their own medical professionals.

I am not sure what proportion of claimants currently have an independent examination. I could find out, but it would take me a while!

I think you are scaremongering, with no actual evidence to back up your statement.

Exactly, if there are overwhelming medical reports from quality surgeons and registrars with the NHS and the private sector, why should some 1/2 trained ITOS employee have the right of vito????

+ I must add, my own medical reports were based on the info of the other side not my own medics,
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I have been registered disabled for the past 9 years and get MR care and HR mobility, at 68 with severe arthritis and in remission from cancer, and also having just been given funding by the local PCT for treatment for my lymphodema in my right arm I would be happy to get a job in 2013 when I am 70 if it will help the Government out with their financial difficulties.So if you can think of a job that a one-useful-working-armed old biddy, with walking and mobility problems can do I would be happy to apply :):):) looks like I'm for the knackers yard :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure