Vodafone complaints

Comments

• It's not just you that has probelms with Vodafone

(I think they may be rebranding to Vodafarce :D )

Once a company gets that complacent and so disorganised the road back is much longer and harder.

Would rather have dental treatment without pain relief than go back to Vodafarce
    baldly going on...
  • glitter123
    glitter123 Posts: 495 Forumite
    Try speaking to Otelo (the ombudsman), I found them very helpful and can give some good advice.
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    I spoke to a young chap about two months ago who was so friendly and helpful it was quite a shock. I phoned again yesterday and right from the start the unbelieveably unhelpful woman was downright abrupt with me - no engaging in conversation about the upgrade I want, just wanted me to suggest something so that she could say no. No dialogue as to well we have this phone available and that price plan etc, she just didn't want to know. Looking for tariffs with other providers now. Been with them 13 years (since my first job was with them!) and get sod all thanks for 'loyalty'!

Will vote with my feet and hope the majority of their other customers do to!
  • misskool
    misskool Posts: 12,832 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just tried to get an upgrade today and it's been a nightmare. First one gave a decent deal but then didn't give me a minimum contract time, then 2nd one hung up on me. Tried one more time and 50 minutes later (:eek:), just asked for a PAC code as he wasn't going to budge from a single tariff.

Am leaving them now even though I used to have good service in the past. They're getting to big for their own boots
  • WOW, and I was thinking to switch to them. :eek:
  • Just make sure you get every thing in writing... Twice...
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Just make sure you get every thing in writing... Twice...

Done that - and they still deny what's written in black and white in front of you!
  • spooks_2
    spooks_2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Thanks procrastinator333 - that list of problems though shocking to see at least makes me see i'm not on my own!!!. Can't believe how bad this company has become and how stupid i was - i signed up to a 2 yr contract just before these problems started.
  • Smamfer
    Smamfer Posts: 2,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Right ill apologise now if this goes on and on and on but this is just a prime example of why you need to note down when dealing with these big companies of times dates and who you speak to.

Friday 10th April. I call V to ask what deals i can have with my upgrade.
    Tuesday 14th April. V call me back to see if i had decided what phone and deal i want, little bit of bartering gets me the deal i want, we check phone deal and address and a gentleman called " Kev" says all is great Miss *** Your phone will be dispatched friday 17th and be with you Monday 20th.

Great Stuff!

Friday 17th April
    i get a text message from V saying " your phone will be dispatched today and delivered Tuesday :rolleyes: and delivered to.....(wrong address) So i get on phone to V and explain to customer services i have had this text etc etc, They pass me through to Upgrades, Upgrades tell me they cant find me on the system and pass me through to Technical Support, Technical support tell me they will get in touch with delivery people to find out whats happening, I am on hold 49 minutes at this point, i have spoke to 7 different people over 2.5 hours explaining my situation over and over and over again all telling me they cant change the address and dont know why its on their wrong,,,(please bear in mind i have never even LIVED in this place.) Also the address they had come up with was for Sleaford and on their systems i have since found out they have it as Fleaford and Fleasflord :confused::rolleyes:

So on and on it goes im passed from pillar to post... I end up with Technical support yet again, some woman who was very rude and when picking up that i was a little peeved at this moment said.." we are a big company and mistakes happen" ...... 2.5 hours later just to change an address?????:confused:

So she assures me she has done everything right changed it all in the system and will pass me onto the delivery company itself and gives me a 9 digi order number i just need to give to them as my phone had been dispatched so its in their hands... I speak to the lady at the delivery company who tells me its a 10 digit number i need and im nowhere on the system but is my name Kelly Rock???? Urm no its not.. " ah right as she lives in Sleaford and shes now showing up ordering the same phone as you????????????????? ( breath 2 3 and release 2 3 )

So i get back to V to customer service, who pass me to Upgrades who pass me to Technical Support..( bearing in mind EVERY time i call im having to explain whats happening to each and every one before they pass me to where i want to be):mad:

So another woman comes on phone assures me YET again that its sorted my correct address correct phone is in there but can i " just call us back on monday to make sure" :rolleyes: kiiiiiiiiiiinell!

Monday 20th April Did a days shopping with my daughter come home and think
    " ah yes time to ring V" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So i ring V and a lad calls Lee comes on the phone, all very nice can see all the notes on my system saying there had been a " couple of issues" so i run through things with Lee who "assures" me all is ok the CORRECT delivery address is on the system and it will be dispatched monday and arriving Tuesday (today). "Thanks lee" i come off phone all happy all is good.

Ten minutes later..............I get a text message from V saying.." Please call 191 to discuss your exchange" :rolleyes:

So i ring V back, im once again passed from Pillar to Post explaining the WHOLE situation over and over again i speak to umpteen people and end up being put through to............." 14 day returns" ( bearing in mind i dont even have the ruddy phone yet) lol So i speak to Margaret this time who is a lovely woman and can obviously understand my frustration on how i have been treated, apologises constantly and says " i will NOT put you on hold" lol ( she must know that at this point i know EVERY piece of music V hold on their system) Anyway she goes thorugh everything possible rings other people i can hear her on the phone then comes back to me........... saying she is going to put me through to.........Graham!

:rolleyes:.... Now she ASSURES ME Graham will sort it all out is absolutely horrified about how i have been treated, assures me that EVERY person i have spoken to COULD HAVE changed the address because the phone HAD NOT been dispatched :rolleyes::rolleyes: (breath 2 3 and out 2 3 ) She also said that Graham is going to sort me some payment out due to all this messing about....

So on i move to Graham, ( by now i think i know ALL the staff at V) He basically gets the job done offers me £20 credit put onto my bill says he feels embarrassed by how i have been treated and all will be fine, we run through my CORRECT address phone etc etc and apparently... yes i say apparently... it wil be delivered..."Today":rolleyes:

Ten Minutes Later:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Yes... You Guessed It.... I get A TEXT!!! Saying " Just to confirm your phone will be delivered tomorrow too................... Sleaford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I don't live in bloody Sleaford.

So ladies and gentleman i thought..." ya know what... sod it. " I will sit here and see if the phone comes today and IF it doesn't i will personally call... Kev Rob Lee Margaret Tina Sarah Helen and Our Graham................... and sack them:rotfl::rotfl:

The main reason for this is to obviously give you a good insight as to how Customer Services CAN be at times.... how they can lie and how you can spend... in a total off...5.2 hours :rolleyes: being passed about and being put on hold.... Do not let them fob you off,. they CAN offer you compensation on the phone
    ~~Gonna Buy Me A Shrimp Farm Bubba~~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport