Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can I join in too - got about 10 lb to get to goal but can't manage sw meetings anymore and could do with a bit of support........

See what an inspiration you are Beanie - hope you're having a good day :)
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Welcome to the gang milann :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I would like to join the 'new way of eating' club if I can?

Beanie is so supportive of everyone and it would be a great idea to support her.

The only 'issue' is that I follow 5:2 whereas I see most are following SW.

IN the last 3 weeks I have lost 8lbs and would like to lose another 8lb to get me under 10 stone - I have a girls weekend in 3 weeks so need to slim down!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Wow EE that is an awesome loss :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Eager_Elephant
    beanielou wrote: »
    Wow EE that is an awesome loss :j :j

Thanks beanie.

I think it just goes to show how badly I have been eating, I would think nothing of 2 bags of crisps and 2 chocolate bars every day as well as my usual meals:eek:
    It's a wonder I didn't weigh more but I guess dog walking and my smallholding keep me active.

My start weight was 11st 1lb.

I am doing 5:2 but also logging all my calories in My Fitness Pal - my god, it's an eye opener!!
  • Here we are Beanie and all those interested in shedding some lbs. New challenge started :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=5453775
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi there is a light..

Not sure the link is working? It presents a blank page..or is that just me?

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Eager_Elephant
    I got a blank page as well so clicked on TIAL's name and looked at her posts and found it!!

Will try to get the link.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I would like to join the 'new way of eating' club if I can?

Beanie is so supportive of everyone and it would be a great idea to support her.

The only 'issue' is that I follow 5:2 whereas I see most are following SW.

IN the last 3 weeks I have lost 8lbs and would like to lose another 8lb to get me under 10 stone - I have a girls weekend in 3 weeks so need to slim down!!

Hey EE, I am part of this slimming gang too and I am doing IF. I do 16:8 every day. I think 5:2 is faster for results but 16:8 works for me. Sounds like you are doing great :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family