Monarch delays & Compensations. Listed flights denied in O.P.

Comments

• jicms
    jicms Posts: 482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've not had a reply from Monarch to my claim 4 months' ago or to my follow-up letter six weeks ago. I've not had an opportunity to try and phone them during business hours. I did get an acknowledgement email. Has anyone else had similar problems?
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jicms wrote: »
    I've not had a reply from Monarch to my claim 4 months' ago or to my follow-up letter six weeks ago.

Did you send in some way that you can track? If so, and it's definitely been delivered, you might as well push on to NBA. You could be waiting forever and it seems unlikely that the response you are waiting for will be of much help anyway.
  • jhaytch
    jhaytch Posts: 8 Forumite
    how do i get a n1 form as the mcol does not have enough room for the whole group who travelled on the flight
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • cart583
    cart583 Posts: 49 Forumite
    has anyone had any good news on their claim for this flight? our claim was rejected due to extraordinary circumstances so i assigned it to flightmole. i have just received an email from them saying they are not going to pursue it. they did state some technical jargon but think thats it now - no compensation for us
  • romanby1
    romanby1 Posts: 294 Forumite
    cart583 wrote: »
    has anyone had any good news on their claim for this flight? our claim was rejected due to extraordinary circumstances so i assigned it to flightmole. i have just received an email from them saying they are not going to pursue it. they did state some technical jargon but think thats it now - no compensation for us

More details needed for an opinion.
  • irishwench69
    irishwench69 Posts: 807 Forumite
    Hi,

My partner and I flew with Monarch from Gatwick to Mombasa (flight number 3692).
    It was delayed by over a day (but according to a generic letter (since discarded from me - doh!) handed out by unhelpful Monarch staff as we finally got on the plane, the "official" delay was 23 hours and 56 minutes!)

I've drafted a letter, but I'm unsure of the next steps. I don't have any official documentation, apart from the visa in my passport, confirming I flew to Mombasa on these dates (due to leave 24th June 2008, ended up leaving 25th June 2008).

I didn't book directly through Monarch, as it was a package holiday (Kuoni, but booked through Mark's Travel (MT now no longer trading I think). Deal was spotted through travelzoo (enough different companies involved?!)

Can anyone confirm what I do next please? Do I email the letter to Monarch? Is the address still [EMAIL="euclaim@monarch.co.uk"]euclaim@monarch.co.uk[/EMAIL] ?

Thank you,
    IW x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 222 :beer:
    :T Debt free wannabe - Proud to be dealing with my debts! :T

Remember the MoneySaving mantras!

IF YOU'RE SKINT......
    Do I need it? Can I afford it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?

IF YOU'RE NOT SKINT......
    Will I use it? Is it worth it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?
  • jicms wrote: »
    Has anyone else had similar problems?

At the risk of knocking you out with my powers of perception, you're new to this, aren't you?
  • The_Wingco
    The_Wingco Posts: 54 Forumite
    Are there any documented MCOL/County Course claims which have NOT been successful?
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    The_Wingco wrote: »
    Are there any documented MCOL/County Course claims which have NOT been successful?

Two that I am aware of - one Jet2 and the other Monarch. But sometimes defeat in the small claims is not always the end ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure