Do your own wedding flowers

Comments

• I felt brave enough to give making bouquets a go after seeing this thread, and this is the result. They are all silk flowers, mostly from ebay and a few from Wilkos! There's enough left for a decoration in the chapel, and table decorations, all for under £50.

bridesmaidsmall.jpg
    3 of these for the bridesmaids (plus a flower girl wand)

bouquetsmall.jpg
    This one's for me!

Now I just have to store them safely until next March :-)
    Live on £11k in 2011 :D
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Wow, they're beautiful, well done :)
  • sakula
    sakula Posts: 11 Forumite
    looks like a good article!I will get married this year,thanks
  • Hi,

Choosing the right flowers could make a significant difference in the wedding atmosphere at the church and reception hall. Even if you have your mind set on one type of flower or arrangement, keep your options open.
  • foxxymynx
    foxxymynx Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    foam roses are beautiful too - they look real and very easy to work with
    If my typing is pants or I seem partcuarly blunt, please excuse me, it physically hurts to type. :wall: If I seem a bit random and don't make a lot of sense, it may have something to do with the voice recognition software that I'm using!
  • I agree with you Marciah.."right flowers could make a significant difference in the wedding atmosphere"...especially if you are working on a color theme..I had attended my friends wedding and the everything was yellow at the party..it was looking just lovely..from invitaion cards to crockery..everything was yellow ..i believe..that was one of the best wedding party I had attended :) One can easily find lot of stuff on wedding invitation ideas and wedding themes
  • Birmingham Flower Market am getting married next june and plan to buy all my flowers from the flower market on the Wednesday before the wedding has anyone else got their flowers from flower markets
  • Hi try these people

do your own flowers .co.uk

They deliver all over the UK
  • Hi everyone here are my attempts at the bridesmaid bouquets, I am going to tie organza ribbon around the stems, but can't decide whether it should be burgundy or ivory let me know what you think, Tiger x
    P1010063.jpg

Tigerlilly there lovely got me thinking maybe i can make my own! thx for sharing
  • your floral arrangements are very well done !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure