Bailiff wants ME to feel sorry for him!!!

Comments

• anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    GUMPO wrote:
    Hold on a tic. A thought occurs. If you owe money and the bailiff has more work than he can cope with I see an opening for a part time job for extra cash!
    Thnks for great idea.However i'd rather stay skint than get cash THAT way. Its hard enough to face myself in the mirror at the moment cos I look SO haggard without hating myself as well. I knowwhat i'll do-face the bu**er without any make up on! THAT may well make him see the error of his evil misery inducing ways!!!
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

:A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
  • anniestar
    8am-9pm.....
    Dose that make things more complicated? I DO want to pay the money now that we have it. We are disputing the charges but the money owed is correct. I am hoping to finish it all in two or three goes so what do you all advise me to do? Again thanks.Annie XX

• anniestar
    skintchick wrote:
    Maybe you could offer him a cuppa and be nice to him - might make him more amenable in future. He is human, after all, even if he does do a nasty job!
    Honestly i'm always nice to people. He was quite threatining and unhelpful I was on to his mobile for about 10mins trying to find a time that suited HIM. As for the tea-well somehow I dont think he would have the time!!! AND he'd have to have it on the path as he aint comming in MY house!

• anniestar wrote:
    Dose that make things more complicated? I DO want to pay the money now that we have it. We are disputing the charges but the money owed is correct. I am hoping to finish it all in two or three goes so what do you all advise me to do? Again thanks.Annie XX

Not at all - if you're happy for him to call at 7am then there is no problem.
  • anniestar
    saver_sam wrote:
    Not at all - if you're happy for him to call at 7am then there is no problem.
    Thanks. Not massivly happy as its often total chaos in this house at that time. But needs paying, I WANT to pay it so i'll just give him the fright of his life by not putting any slap on(pleased I came up with that idea i look 100% scary without my slap and at 7am well best left unsaid!

• skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    anniestar wrote:
    Honestly i'm always nice to people. He was quite threatining and unhelpful I was on to his mobile for about 10mins trying to find a time that suited HIM. As for the tea-well somehow I dont think he would have the time!!! AND he'd have to have it on the path as he aint comming in MY house!

Sorry hon, it was meant to be tongue in cheek. Of course you're nice and no you don;t want to invite him in, it was supposed to be lighthearted but i'm sorry you thought I meant it seriously.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • anniestar
    No problem. You are a fantasitc poster and you didn't upset me atall. Anyway I'm dead excited about fright morning. (think he may become a monk or hermit after seeing me on Friday he he he) Annie XX

• anniestar wrote:
    Got a nasty letter through door yesterday saying I had to call bailiff before 5pm today. I did this as the actual ammount of the debt is not in dispute just the fees. Anyway he couldn't make monday (and wanted a lot more cash than id ofered). So we then get into a "when can you make it" debate At which point he started to tell me of the pressure that he was under and how he was run off his feet. (Direct qoute comming up) People just don't realise just how hard I work.I'm b**ody well run off my feet. I've got so many calls to make. I've not had my lunch yet. (it was about 2:35) I just cant keep up with all my calls." Ah bless. He is comming for his money at 7am!!!!!!! on Thursday. Can we file this under you couldnt make it up? Perhaps I should offer breakfast for the poor flower.
    Oh well, at least you're keeping him in work, huh?! ;)
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    rog2 wrote:
    Are bailiffs allowed to call at that time in the morning?

Bailiffs can come anytime they want. Those appointed buy a court have quite serious powers to collect the debt either by cash in hand or by removing your possessions to the value.
    In most cases however they do not have the powers to enter your house. UNLESS you open the door. At that point they have a perceived invitation to enter, and they are within their rights to do so.
    They will keep on adding more fees if you ignore them too....

The best thing to do, is try and work something out with the company you owe money too. It should never come down to bailiffs!!
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Annie,

on a serious note, don't let him INSIDE your house. I think there's then a percieved right to re-enter if he finds a window open etc in the future!(bit like vampires once they've been invited over the threshold.)

I know it's inconvenient, but make him wait on the doorstep behind a locked door while you sort out what he is getting.
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure