Opinion Outpost - Any Good?

Comments

• cazkins
    cazkins Posts: 333 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Not noticed that problem myself but thanks for the heads up. Shame they don't seem to be letting people know or coming up with a solution.
    ... Just Keep Swimming ...
  • Hi everyone

The guide this discussion is linked from will be linked to from our weekly email this week.

Reply below and let us know your experiences with Opinion Outpost.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I don't think the surveys on Opinion Outpost are well paying at all.

They typically give 10 points for a 15 min survey, which is only 50p. So the rate is £2 per hour. If you get screened out then it's even less.

Not only that, but you have to answer some long winded questions even before you start a survey.
  • I would disagree on a good week i can make 10 quid from the site not loads i know but in the grand scheme of things every little helps. I think this week i am five points away from 7.50.

My advice with opinion outpost ensure every 2weeks you update your profile and log onto the site too check my surveys do not just depend on the emails they send.

I have once won the prize draw they do too and had 20 quid i think it was.
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • GreyAndGold
    GreyAndGold Posts: 738 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2016 at 10:16PM
    I agree you can make a good amount of money with opinion Outpost and with the low threshold of 50points/£2.50 cash out to PayPal it's a useful site. However it is very low paying for the length of its surveys and often loads of questions are asked before they screen you out and if something goes wrong they are woefull at putting it right. This weekend I completed a long survey for 25 points which at the final page failed to redirect back to the site so didn't credit the points. Contacting them just resulted in the standard email I've had a number of times before that it could take 4 to 6 weeks to credit the points. I've had to chase them for credit for completing online diarys that again take 6 weeks before they will sort it.

Overall I stick with it as it's a useful way to quickly get hold of some cash but have to accept that it can be frustrating at times if it doesn't work as it should.
  • I have had that happen once or twice but contacting them are good at sorting the issue.
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Its ok for number of surveys unfortuntly they lie a lot about lenght of time it takes to complete a survey and a lot of times screen you out when your 50/75% way through. So not really worth it unless you have 10 mins to kill.
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    https://www.populuslive.com

Seems quite good, I signed up yesterday and have had 2 surveys today for £3 each.
    They pay £1 for 5 minutes ... They pay out by cheque at the end of every month, but the minimum payout is £50 ... so you need to earn 50 points before the end of the month to get a payout (1 point = £1), it rolls over thought so if you're at £44 at the end of the month you'll get a cheque sent out at the end of the next month (assuming you earn the further 6 points in that month).
  • I have being on populuslive 3 months and i am yet to hit the 50 points mark

re opinion outpost yes some surveys can take a bit longer than advertised

positives you can on a good week build up too 50 points in 2-3 days. Plus you dont have too wait weeks for the money, i think at most i have had too wait 48hours for a paypal drop.

I dropped money from uktoluna 2 weeks back and i am still waiting for it
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • Lucyxx
    Lucyxx Posts: 3,147 Forumite
    I quite like Opinion outpost, I get plenty of survey offers by email every day and although I don't earn much from it at all, the few pounds extra to top up my Paypal account is always welcome. (I really like that Paypal payments are instant aswell).

The only thing I find annoying is when the email says for example it is a 7 minute survey and you have 10 mins to spare so think you'll do it, but you click on it and it says "this survey should take around 25 minutes to complete". That annoys me! I'm not sure if it just auto links you to a different one if the one in the email is full, but I'd rather just go to a page that says "sorry this survey is now full, would you like to try another" if that was the case.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback