Options

Comments

• LongTallKatie
    Options
    No you don't need to tell them.
  • LongTallKatie
    Options
    neta85 wrote: »
    This is disgusting, I work for DWP and as a Legislation of any benefit, it is Your Responcerbility to notify the DWP of any changes to your curcumstances, weather it be going on holiday or starting work. Should you fail to do so then this is defrauding the goverment.
    Anyone who leaves the country is not entitled to money from the goverment, which includes JSA, ESA, Housing and Council Tax Benefit, PIP/ DLA, Careers Allowance and Income Support plus many others. However this does not stop completely it could be like a pause in your claim and a full entitlement could start again after.
    Please note the people who are doing this will be caught out sooner or later.

If you say so, I've been claiming ESA for several years and have been travelling back and forth to Europe. Not told the DWP anything and have no intention of!
  • emmsie123
    emmsie123 Posts: 188 Forumite
    edited 19 February 2016 at 5:14PM
    Options
    If you work for dwp, you need to do a bit of reading. As your talking rubbish.
    https://www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/illness-injury-and-disability-benefits
    I notified them when i went for five days last year and had no stop in my claim.
    Its only jsa where you would have to do a rapid reclaim on return.
    Carers allowance only stops abroad if the disabled person isnt with you.
  • stuedpot
    Options
    Has a Reflector Beacon included . U are constantly being tracked by our Law loving Government?
  • stuedpot
    Options
    chip in the cashcard chip in the credit card radar reflector in your Passport. Big Computor in Either Stansted or Swansea. All digitalised and having an identifying numeric value. Enjoy Your Holiday.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    stuedpot wrote: »
    chip in the cashcard chip in the credit card radar reflector in your Passport. Big Computor in Either Stansted or Swansea. All digitalised and having an identifying numeric value. Enjoy Your Holiday.

Why drag up an old post ?
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    Options
    stuedpot wrote: »

Why drag up an old post with implications of impending doom for anyone going on holiday?

ESA claimants do not need to tell the DWP if they are intending to go out of UK for 28 days or less.

However, if you want your claim to be managed while you are away...you might decide to tell them you are going....just incase you are asked to go to a
    Jobcentre Appointment
    Work Program appointment
    Medical Assessment

Otherwise when you return you could find your claim is suspended or closed and you would then need to take action.
  • mentalissues
    Options
    hi
    how do i start a thread
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    hi
    how do i start a thread

Click on the "New thread" button at top of the forum.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • mentalissues
    Options
    can someone urgently help me
    what are the consequences if for several years i went abroad but did not notify them..will it be an overpayment? even if i was going mostly for medical reasons and within the 4 weeks allowed..

will it still be overpayment for failure to notify?
    i had called the jobcentre as a general enquiry but they never took down my details so its not in the system my name was not requested nothing. but they did tell me that as long it wasnt over 4 weeks i wouldnt have to notify..i was wrongly informed unfortunately. the person i spoke to informed me wrong..but now its too late i trusted what she said.would this work in my favour does anyone know?for it not to be an overpayment?

i also did some medical treatment whilst abroad ..could that also help influence it not to be an overpayment? i i have mental issues and learning disabilities could this work in my favour? or will it be an overpayment?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure