Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• Georgiegirl2012
    Georgiegirl2012 Posts: 539 Forumite
    edited 30 January 2011 at 7:35PM
    Options
    betterlife wrote: »
    my god, surely they must frame them as art rather than send? is she the designer of the stamp or famous?

Sarah Kay had a lot of famous images in the 70s but I don't think the card maker is famous, unless she has sole rights to the images, which after a brief browse on the www doesn't appear to be the case

http://www.lmiuk.com/Sarah_Kay.aspx

http://www.charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/acatalog/Sarah_Kay_Stamps.html

Here you go folks - colour your little socks off and I expect you all to make at least £50 from each card sold
    http://coloringpages.nick-magic.com/sarahkay.html

EDIT - plus it's not just Sarah Kay images on her cards. But fairplay to her, if people are willing to pay it, she'd be daft not to take advantage of it.
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    TomsMum - re Me to You bears YES - will email you.
  • Addams
    Addams Posts: 881 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Louby - Glad your neice is doing better

PONR - Glad you had a good time at the spa. Sounds like a great bargain! Very MSE!

Mad-frog - Glad the cards were enjoyed, thanks for letting us know

Quite a few pages behind, so still catching up again! Hope everyone is well and will try and catch up later. I have managed to catch up on blogs though, some fantastic cards and makes out there. Well done everyone. Hugs to all.
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
  • louby-lou-lou
    Options
    Fab news my niece is out of the DHU is on the normal childrens ward and only has one line in now for her meds :j She has been photographed and had a video done to be used for training so she feels quite famous.
    The only thing is she has been told she may get it again :eek:

Hopefully i will get some cards done this week as i have quite a few birthdays in the next few weeks.

I will have to put the card i made her on my you know what as she loved it and didn't notice is wasn't really straight lol
    :)Mummy to 2 wonderful boys :)
    Want to be fit for 30 not fat at 30
    but i want never gets!!!
  • dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Options
    Fab news my niece is out of the DHU is on the normal childrens ward and only has one line in now for her meds :j She has been photographed and had a video done to be used for training so she feels quite famous.
    The only thing is she has been told she may get it again :eek:

Hopefully i will get some cards done this week as i have quite a few birthdays in the next few weeks.

I will have to put the card i made her on my you know what as she loved it and didn't notice is wasn't really straight lol

Great news I'm so please to hear she is better at least if it happens again they will know exactly what to do.
  • kms26
    kms26 Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    flourgirl wrote: »
    Hi Girls, just having a coffee break away from these wedding invites, 10 down and 30 more to go, everything is cut out and the embossing done so shouldn't take too long to complete :eek:

Talking of housework, I have to say my DH is a wiz with an e-cloth, his job is "Bogs and Baths" (as he calls it) and woe betide anyone who wants a wee within a hour of him cleaning them!!! I'm sure he would make me use a bucket if he could :rotfl: Not good with ironing though unless you want the equivalent to Kings Cross train lines in your jeans!!

Rainmac glad the postie came. Well done on winning at the quiz:T

My niece had a baby yesterday, 3 weeks early by cesarean (sp) a little girl called Lola. Thats all I know cos DH answered the phone!
    need to make a baby card too now.

Has anyone seen this :eek::eek:

Does anyone know where to buy those hearts? I am useless with fimo so would need them ready to use.

TomsMom - you have email ;)
  • pointofnoreturn
    Options
    kms - which hearts do you mean??? You can buy tiny moulds that you just push the fimo into so really easy for hearts as only one colour.
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • kms26
    kms26 Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    kms - which hearts do you mean??? You can buy tiny moulds that you just push the fimo into so really easy for hearts as only one colour.

The hearts on that card, i have some fimo, where do i get some moulds from?
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm quite pleased with myself today, I've nearly finished a birthday card for my Mum, just got to stick the flowers down. Its not her birthday until valentines day but she's coming up to visit tomorrow with my sister so I'm trying to get her card and presents ready so that she can take them back with her. I really must get cracking with some new baby cards - s-i-l is due in 6 weeks and she decided not to find out what she's having so I need to make one of each. I find it really hard choosing baby images and paper, I think I'm going to order the cute baby and blanket one from LOTV.

Mad-frog - sounds like you have a nice selection of the dies - I must get some more - I realised yesterday that I've lost one of my branch dies, I'm gutted 'cos I use it quite a lot. What's glitter glass????

Georgiegirl2012 - fab easel card - love the washing line!!

Cardpaperscissors - hope you're feeling better today after having your tooth out - I really must make an appointment with the dentist but I keep putting it off.

Rusty - great to hear from you, hope you have recovered from your horrible bug. I need to have a clear out too, I've got a few stamps that I don't think I'll ever use.

Mary - I hope you manage to find your paper - I hate it when that happens. Good luck to you and your OH for this week!!

Louby-Lou-Lou - that's fab news about your neice!

Flourgirl - congrats to you and your niece - Lola is a lovely name. Can't believe someone would be willing to pay so much for a card - unless they're going to use it as a picture - surely they wouldn't give the card away???? What a fab OH you have to clean the toilet - I'm sure my OH thinks that ours is self-cleaning!!!

Viclspence - that's great news that you found a car and that the salesman was so nice. Hopefully next time at physio you'll be able to cope with a bit more.

Louby-Lou-Lou - fab news!!!!!!!!
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    £62 for a card :eek: Fabulous if you can sell them for that I think but who would buy a card for that??? The lady who made the card has a blog here, it's full of beautiful things, she is a designer for several stamp companies such as LOTV and Stampavie and demonstrates at shows. She also gives away a Magnolia stamp every weekend courtesy of Simon Says Stamp.

Flourgirl, congratulations to your neice, I love the name Lola :)

Louby, fab news about your neice, must be such a relief that she is on a normal ward now.

Tomsmom, please name and shame if it was me, I took your card to the post office so I hope they charged me correctly :o

I got most of my ironing done, tidied and cleaned a bit so we are set for a new week :)
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport