2012 100 Day Challenge

Comments

• Well I did buy chocolate today but it was a Tunnocks tea cake and biscuits were brought but not of the chocolate kind. I am really pleased with that just waiting for the hormones to kick in!
  • Good Morning,

1 box of Christmas chocolates finish last night also a DVD watched.
    £2.00 paid off debt this morning.:)

NSD January 3/15
    "Sealed Pot Challenge"#1416 £11.46/£500
    £2 Savers Club# £30.00
    Co-op Credit Card £2.00/£129.17
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening everyone.

I had to throw out a toner that triggered of eczema around my eyes again so away it went. Also used up a footcream so another £2 into the pot they go :D
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • I need to use some toiletries more lavishly I think! Am not near any UUs at all apart from my facial moisturiser (reckon one more go left in that).
    However, still doing fine with not making any purchases of clothes, toiletries and craft stuff.

Ouch about the toner, fedup. Itchy eyes are horrid.
  • :wave:Hello everyone I have just come across your thread and would love to join you, if you wouldn't mind a straggler:o I love this idea and have so much to use up:o

I pledge to not buy any of the following until stocks run out;

1) Body butters/moisturiser I have enough to sink a ship! This will be such an insentive to use them morning and night.
    2) Food that isn't reduced or that I don't have a voucher for as I have freezers and store cupboards full:o
    3) Magazines my 3 voucher (MrT's) subscriptions are about to expire, this will be a challange:eek:
    I look forward to rewarding myself with something nice at the end of my 100 days, and contributing to this wonderful thread:T
  • I need to use some toiletries more lavishly I think! Am not near any UUs at all apart from my facial moisturiser (reckon one more go left in that).
    However, still doing fine with not making any purchases of clothes, toiletries and craft stuff.

Ouch about the toner, fedup. Itchy eyes are horrid.

We have all found that they go at the same time, in some sort of rota :p
  • fedupandskint
    Yup itchy dry and sore red eye skin is horrid. Luckily found out just in time as I saw my eyes wrinkly by the second after looking inflammed last week. Have my Aveeno to the rescue now and its sorting the problem out.

Welcome aboard TillyBud and good luck with your challenges. Let us know how you're getting on and if you need some support just ask and I'm sure we'll be able to help
  • Rachel021967
    Rachel021967 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2012 at 7:18PM
    Please may I join.

No buying books 3/3
    No buying magazines (other than "Your Cat", which we all read) 3/3
    No buying cola - I'll get myself a drinks flask. 3/3
    No chocolate. 2/3
    No buying toys for youngest. She could set up her own toy shop. 2/3
    My 100 days will start from today and run until 15th April.
  • fedupandskint
    Welcome Rachel - that's some list!

All the best and good luck with your challenge and let us know how you're getting on
  • Having a good and bad day today.

Bad:
    1. developed house alarm problem in middle of night. 'nuff said.
    2. fridge man can't come until Monday
    3. got signed off work for 2 weeks.
    4. succumbed to buying some Lush sale toiletries mail order (:(:mad::)) - mixed emotions about this one

Good:
    1. finished up 2 toiletries: moisteriser last night and conditioner this morning

I only bought the toiletries because I wanted to cheer myself up.

All along I kept reminding myself of this challenge, mortgage OP challenge, VSP challenge and 'no toiletries' challenge. Plenty of reasons there not to buy. But I 'had' to. I couldn't help it...:(
    So I've bought no toiletries for 53/54 days. An improvement on what might have been if I hadn't been doing these challenges, but even so...

I am not a :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport