Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn!

Comments

• HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Hey! Hope you're doing ok, and things are getting a bit easier for you :)

Your list above is getting smaller, slowly but surely! Keep plodding onwards :D
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Okay – I managed to get two squares knitted (so that is up and running! granted they were simple ones not fancy sample squares, but they were done!). As well as this I have paid another £50 off the CC (so 10% done and I am not even in the starting month – yay me!)

Oh and book reading is happening – now about half way through the Discworld books and 44 books in to the 214 challenge I set myself (which means I am a book or two behind but rapidly playing catch up).

I need to do a serious crafty catch up next week though (if the Terriers let me *sigh*)
    Must use my stash up!
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Hi Knit Witch, :hello:

Lucky is right; it's been a difficult time for lots of MSEers recently - do hope your most recent posts signal an improvement in mood for you (((hugs))). :)

Share your exasperation re weight gain - will let you know if a magic solution appears (but suspect it doesn't exist :().

Hope Dr Warlock's diabetes is early stage, in which case there's a very good chance effects can be minimised - you're obviously on the case with his diet. ;)

Well done on getting rid of !sme, and making a start on the CC. :T
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    *Robin* wrote: »
    Hi Knit Witch, :hello:

Lucky is right; it's been a difficult time for lots of MSEers recently - do hope your most recent posts signal an improvement in mood for you (((hugs))). :)

Share your exasperation re weight gain - will let you know if a magic solution appears (but suspect it doesn't exist :().

Hope Dr Warlock's diabetes is early stage, in which case there's a very good chance effects can be minimised - you're obviously on the case with his diet. ;)

Well done on getting rid of !sme, and making a start on the CC. :T

I don't know if it because we didn't have a proper Winter or what but yes, this has been a bad year (and seeing a Psychologist at the end of next month to help with the weight loss - they hope - is not going to be the easiest either!)

Weight is not shifting (hence the obesity clinic and the psychologist!)

Dr Warlock's diabetes has been caught early so we are dealing with it through diet (and exercise in his case)

So glad to have the !sme gone - I feel as though I am getting there!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    1. Read 214 books - 49/214 (a little behind with this - but starting listening to audio books again so that helps! ;))
    2. Knit 16 squares 4/16 woo hoo! on the way :beer:
    3. At least 1 new recipe every 4 weeks – 4/13 yeppers, and enjoying this! :rotfl:
    4. Use make-up at least once a week - 13/52, trying to make me feel good about myself in the hope of a better mood leads to weight loss :o
    5. Finish sweater - erm not worked on this since January :eek:
    6. Finish tapestry :whistle:
    7. Finish Map of Durham - hope to work on this tomorrow :p
    8. Read all the Terry Pratchetts (Discworld ones) – 17/35 :j
    9. Use up all the odds and sods of lotions and potions! - 9 down not many more to go - so happy with the way this is going. :dance:

What else? Well I want to clear the CC sooner rather than later, I have no more big bills to come so sitting at home listening to books and crafting will mean I am not buying stuff on the net :think: so this should be a win win.

Weight - is not doing well at the moment, I need to really crack down on this or I will be the same weight AGAIN when we go away in the summer :wall:
    Must use my stash up!
  • HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Well done on the using up of the lotions and potions! That's one thing I got stuck into a while back. Think I need to start again though coz I can see the drawer is getting rather full and heavy :o;)
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    1. Read 214 books - 57/214 Getting on well with this, audio books are my friend :D
    2. Knit 16 squares 8/16 Trying to do two a week now - so getting there! ;)
    3. At least 1 new recipe every 4 weeks – 4/13, need to step this one up a bit :o
    4. Use make-up at least once a week - 14/52 - this is going well and helping me feel better about myself as well :dance:
    5. Finish sweater - started working on this again :shhh:
    6. Finish tapestry - plan to work on this at the weekend :whistle:
    7. Finish Map of Durham - can only really do this at the crafty afternoon and due to circumstances I haven't been, but hopefully this coming Monday! :shocked:
    8. Read all the Terry Pratchetts (Discworld ones) – 18/35
    9. Use up all the odds and sods of lotions and potions! - 10 down

Looks as though the boiler needs replacing :wall:, but I still hope to make decent inroads into the CC - another payment this coming Friday :T
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Not posted on here (or anywhere really!) for a while, I seem to be spiralling into a pit of despond, CC is staying around the £3k mark (but nothing else added debt wise which is good!), I think part of the problem is the obesity clinic, they have made me start to think about my life and I realised that I have subsumed all emotion for years! (well other than my love for Dr Warlock), I actually stated yesterday that I hate food and I am using food to punish myself (by either not allowing myself anything much or pigging out for England, Great Britain, Europe - depending on how bad a day and how much punishment I feel I deserve).
    Must use my stash up!
  • I'm also an emotional eater. I eat coz I'm happy, eat coz I'm sad, eat coz I'm angry, eat coz I'm stressed, eat coz I'm excited, eat coz I'm nervous, eat coz ...... Well, you get the picture. Only once in my whole life did I get so down I didn't eat at all and I lost 8lbs in 4 days. That shows you how much I eat normally!

Hope you are ok. Hugs Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I can be an emotional starver - I will happily go without food for days (mind you Dr Warlock doesn't let me get away with that very often!)
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport