Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Comments

• I did well with reduced products at Aldi yesterday. 50% off a pack of diced chicken and 50% off a 900 gm pack of individually wrapped chicken breasts. Also the same saving on Lemon & Raisin pancakes, currant teacakes and a bag of mixed salad leaves.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I did well with reduced products at Aldi yesterday. 50% off a pack of diced chicken and 50% off a 900 gm pack of individually wrapped chicken breasts. Also the same saving on Lemon & Raisin pancakes, currant teacakes and a bag of mixed salad leaves.

Don't know if you know but if you put some folded up kitchen roll in an opened bag of salad leaves, they last twice as long ? I've only just discovered this little gem of info :)
  • meer53
    One for Nespresso owners.
    Mine is quite a small Aldi, but has limited edition Nespresso compatible coffee capsules in stock - caramel, vanilla, and chocolate flavour coffees.

£1.69 for ten, the same price as the standard capsules. No issues with them as yet, the vanilla is rather nice, yet to try the other two.

Will have to try them. Although i am currently addicted to the Nespresso Snowball flavour limited edition ! Just had a liquorice one !
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    meer53 wrote: »
    Will have to try them. Although i am currently addicted to the Nespresso Snowball flavour limited edition ! Just had a liquorice one !

What's the best/cheapest Nespresso machine you can buy? I'm fed up with the cost of Tassimo pods continually rising and there aren't any cheap substitutes, unlike Nespresso.
  • meer53
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    What's the best/cheapest Nespresso machine you can buy? I'm fed up with the cost of Tassimo pods continually rising and there aren't any cheap substitutes, unlike Nespresso.

I have the Inissia, i think i paid about £60 for it but i got vouchers for coffee worth £60 when i bought it earlier this year. We also have a Tassimo as my son drinks Costa coffee. I prefer the Nespresso coffees. Two totally different types of drinks though. Nespresso are mainly smaller servings which i like and they have much more variety than Tassimo.

Go to a Nespresso store, they'll show you all the machines and you can try the coffees before you buy them. I haven't found a substitute that can match Nespresso yet. Their coffee only works out at about 39p per cup. They've just brought out a new machine which makes larger servings but it's £199 and the pods are slightly more expensive, makes sense as they're bigger. This is the one i got.
    https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/coffee-machines-and-accessories/coffee-machines/nespresso-by-magimix-inissia-11350-coffee-machine-black-21949344-pdt.html
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Aldi regularly have a Nespresso compatible machine as a special buy. c. £30, I think.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've also got the espresso inissia, n love it 😜Got the aeroccino frother free with it, but didn't need it, so sold it for a good price 😌
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • I was in a Lidl yesterday, a large one, and noticed the jars of lumpfish caviar were back, £1.69 I think, a lovely treat for Christmas buffets, if you like caviar.
    Which I do.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Cornucopia wrote: »
    Aldi regularly have a Nespresso compatible machine as a special buy. c. £30, I think.

I think it's nearer £50, tbh, not on the website at present.
    Mine is a Krups Pixie Clips. The Aldi machines got very mixed reviews, but perhaps the next time they sell one, improvements will have been made.

I love the Aldi capsules, which seem to all work well with my machine.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    meer53 wrote: »
    I have the Inissia, i think i paid about £60 for it but i got vouchers for coffee worth £60 when i bought it earlier this year. We also have a Tassimo as my son drinks Costa coffee. I prefer the Nespresso coffees. Two totally different types of drinks though. Nespresso are mainly smaller servings which i like and they have much more variety than Tassimo.

I also drink the Costa coffee (Americano) so is there anything similar tasting in the Nespresso range?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure