2»

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Huh? Bit confused by that

Yes, it puzzled me too. Perhaps if the OP comes back they can explain exactly what they are paying in order to work.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Huh? Bit confused by that

Sounds like care work so if it's care in the community they will mean petrol etc plus possibly dbs checks etc
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't be impressed by paying it mind. That's probably a days wage. Id check what your contracts as a lot set it up so you ring off the clients phone (as then they know you're actually at the house - it's a freephone number btw) so making you pay to sort the phone seems a bit off
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    A colleague of mine broke hers the same day and was charged £70. I was just after advice.

Haha. Feel sorry for the employer if their assets are constantly being damaged!!
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    patman99 wrote: »
    Check your contract of employment. Does it mention having to pay for repairs to company supplied equipment?.
    When they handed the phones out, did you have to sign anything stating that you will be responsible for loss or damage and that you agree to a hire charge to be deducted from your wages?.

If the answer is 'no' to either of the above, then you can raise a grievance about the illegal deductions from your wages.

The only thing I'd say about your advice is that OP has damaged company assets through negligence. Surely that is a scenario in which one party could take the other to small claims court?

So I don't think that the contract needs to say anything about damage tbh.... I think your point is more about the method of repayment and whether the company can deduct straight from wages, or if they need to go through small claims.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like care work so if it's care in the community they will mean petrol etc plus possibly dbs checks etc

Most care companies I know pay a mileage allowance. I appreciate not all though
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure