boys doll house

Options
My grandson loves animals, he has loads of those small figurines.

For his cars he has a garage & playmat. My granddaughter has a dolls house for her dolls.

He needs something to "accommodate" the animals during play. The obvious answer is a farm, I did buy him the ELC one, it's not very big & it's pretty flimsy.

Anything for sale for animals seems to come with animals, like arks & farms.

I've bought some fences on eBay. But I can see them getting knocked over by his sister.

He needs something tall he can sit in front of like a garage for his animals!

Comments

• geminilady
    geminilady Posts: 1,922 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kim_kim wrote: »
    My grandson loves animals, he has loads of those small figurines.

For his cars he has a garage & playmat. My granddaughter has a dolls house for her dolls.

He needs something to "accommodate" the animals during play. The obvious answer is a farm, I did buy him the ELC one, it's not very big & it's pretty flimsy.

Anything for sale for animals seems to come with animals, like arks & farms.

I've bought some fences on eBay. But I can see them getting knocked over by his sister.

He needs something tall he can sit in front of like a garage for his animals!

Don't you know anyone who could make him a wooden farm? maybe contact a local joiner to see if they could make one.Not the same thing but my husband made my son a wooden garage and it was much more stable than a plastic one
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    geminilady wrote: »
    Don't you know anyone who could make him a wooden farm? maybe contact a local joiner to see if they could make one.Not the same thing but my husband made my son a wooden garage and it was much more stable than a plastic one

That's sounds very expensive - I was hoping for an off the shelf recommendation.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what about a deep bookcase from argos and setting up the fenced areas in there?
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Kim_kim
    Options
    whitewing wrote: »
    what about a deep bookcase from argos and setting up the fenced areas in there?

Sorry I should have explained better - something portable, they always bring their toys down to play in the living room.

Tricky huh!
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    How about an old suitcase lined with "grass" type wallpaper, ?you could paint trees round the insides, oh I could have such fun doing this!
    I'd might out narrow shelves in the lid so that it could be propped open against the wall for vertical play.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Kim_kim
    Options
    Artytarty wrote: »
    How about an old suitcase lined with "grass" type wallpaper, ?you could paint trees round the insides, oh I could have such fun doing this!

Thanks - but I'm wondering if there is something I can buy ready made in a toy shop that I haven't seen.
  • Nikkisun
    Nikkisun Posts: 1,330 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look for Melissa and Doug Fold and Go Farm
    xxx Nikki xxx
  • curls
    curls Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 November 2016 at 10:49AM
    Options
    Hi, this looks nice -

http://www.johnlewis.com/melissa-doug-fold-go-barn/p1835110?sku=234210778&s_kwcid=2dx92700013396675354&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=CjwKEAiAjIbBBRCitNvJ1o257WESJADpoUt0kWyjsclEKoF7eQEgUTFhUoVo4M_1G3Qy_9SLeayN_BoCSEHw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edit; Nikki has posted above at the same time as me and her suggestion is the same as the one in my link. It seems to be available other places too, Argos for example.
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kim_kim wrote: »
    Sorry I should have explained better - something portable, they always bring their toys down to play in the living room.

Tricky huh!

Unfortunately, easily portable and flimsy go together.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    A sign in my picture framers read-"you can have:Cheap,Fast and Good quality.Pick TWO!"
    Norn Iron Club member 473
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport