Playdate ettiquette

Options
123457»

Comments

• Grumpysally
    Grumpysally Posts: 790 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gracie, its been a while since your original post. Did you manage to shake off this demanding woman?
    I do hope so.
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I know the conversation has probably moved on somewhat but...
    ...not long ago a friend tracked mud up the stairs and into my sons bedroom. I just assumed that kids of that age would take their shoes off in the house but I decided that it wasnt worth making a huge fuss over.

By not "making a fuss", do you think you've enstilled in that guy that it's okay to pretty much do what he wants and make a mess in someone elses house? Perhaps the more people don't make a fuss, the more rude the teenagers of today will get.

It's okay to have boundaries and don't be scared to enforce them. It's your house afterall!

I will parent our kids in the same way as you, OP have touched on. They can't play with everything at once, and so they will play with one toy, put it away, then play with the next. If they want to play with two toys together (like tractors and toy trains), that's fine; but there will be limits.

But then I guess kids being interested in one thing for a few seconds, then quickly moving on is a sure fire way of encouraging ADHD...
  • flower24
    flower24 Posts: 1,719 Forumite
    Options
    The mess itself wouldn't bother me, however the fact that the other child's mother felt it was OK would. I'm kind of overly the other way and would always make my children help to tidy up before we left anyone's house.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure