PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 13th October 2017

Options

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Aw sorry you are down silver oldie :( Hope something nice happens for you today

Had a bit of a shock when I took the car in yesterday morning. Expected maybe a £50 immediate fix. Sat down with coffee and biscuits and the book i needed to read ...very civilised. Anyway an hour later and they come out to tell me its a big job and will cost £350 :eek::eek: cant not get it done as its airbag related but could really do without that expense.So it back in on monday and I will make sure I clear them out of coffee and nibbles just cos I can :cool:

Great night with the book club girls our hostess cooked a gorgeous hot pot with crust which we had with red cabbage mmmm lush. Our next meet up we have decided to hold on the train whilst heading to the Manchester Christmas markets :T

Friends arriving later today so my lovely asda man in a van arrived at 7.30 with all I need so now I just need to have a tidy and make a steak pie for dinner tonight.

Hope everyone has a nice day especially silver oldie x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one, especially silver oldie.

Well, we set the alarm for 8am, finally managed out at 8.30. OH is trying to make up his mind whether to do more preservative on the shed. We have to be sure it will not rain for 6 hours after its done.

Finished the second wall hanging, just have the binding to sew down. I need to go through the box and see exactly what I have got in there, I may just do a few lavender bags to go in the £1 box along with the tissue holders.

Fish and chips tonight........I bought liver the other week from Morrison, I might cook that tomorrow with some bacon that needs using up. Sunday it will be freezer meals. Have not made my mind up about taking OH to the service.......we will not stay for the reception anyway, I had told DD1 we would come home after the service. OH just might be ok but I cannot take the risk of spoiling DGD's big day if he collapses. It would be nice to stay with the rest of the family but I have to be sensible, I am not supposed to drive in the dark anyway.

Time to get on, the kitchen floor needs a clean, so kitchen scrub down this morning.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning chums and a bug virtual hug for silver-oldie I know life gets hard for you at times honey but I am thinking of you xx

I really don't know whats happened to our weather its bright and sunny and warm and its mid october for goodness sake,forecast in the southeast for the weekend is 20c +.Still not had to put my heating on as yet though which is a bonus .

DD has her pre-op tests this morning so fingers crossed all will be OK.

History this afternoon and its an intriguing on,according to our list its going to be all about 'street furniture ' But I'm sure I will enjoy it as well as the cuppa and HM cake that our tutor provides.I have a charity quiz to go to tonight as well so its a busy day ahead.Tomorrow I am off to Rochester Cathedral to join in with The Big Knit which is on in the morning A gathering of happy knitters and natterer's who will be fed tea and biscuits whilst we knit some 6" squares for a charity.It will be interesting to see old friends and meet new people .My friend is on the tea stall so I will be getting a good few cuppas from her to keep me going :).

Its been a very busy week this week and I am looking forward to putting my feet up on Sunday at least.
    Hope you all have a good Friday and to those who are having a tough time chin up we are all here if you need a bit of support or you just feel like a bit of a rant and rage

Take care chums

JackieO xxx
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 October 2017 at 9:59AM
    Options
    Morning all

Silver Oldie where do you live? Maybe one of us lives near you?

Specky have a lovely date night with Gran.

HH good luck with freezer diving.

Bit grey here today but have put a load of washing in the machine hoping it will be better later. I need to buy stuff for a packed lunch for tomorrow as we are off to Minehead for the weekend for OH's birthday. Hope we get a bit of nice weather.

Have a good day all.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a dry and bright morning here and Steve has the day off so we had a lovely lie in till 8.15am :). The girls all managed to get themselves off to school/college so it's all peaceful apart from the sound of my husband munching his BLT sandwich :D.

Everything is going ok here at home, Becky is still doing very well and coping much better with school. Phoebe is still very anxious but seems a lot less tearful and I feel loads and loads better than I did. I really hope it continues. My blood sugars are pretty much in the normal range now which helps a lot.

Anyhoo, today is going to be a pottering kind of day. I have put all the ingredients to make pulled pork in the slowcooker for dinner tonight. Steve is going to pop to town to get some bread rolls to go with it. Actually, I think I will go with him as I haven't been into town for a while and it will be good to go and have a look in the wool shop as I am after some silver yarn to make fairy wings.

I hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are up to. Special hugs to silver oldie, I know how rubbish you can feel when life kicks you xxx
    Take care xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Little Miss till midday then mad dash to get ready for the funeral at 1. At least I haven't got to worry about what to wear. Me and the three amegos will be having our own private wake for the dear departed later. Not that it's the right thing to do but it's because it's the only time we've been able to get together. To be honest none of us were keen on the woman but we are going in support of our friend and his Dad who have been knocked for 6 and that is the right thing to do.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Wouldn't you know it, the weather is foul this morning. Every time we do the school run it rains :(. I think yesterday was an exception as we managed to dodge the showers :rotfl:.
    DGC fed and dropped off at school, we will pick them up this afternoon and drop off at home as DD was not able go to school today. She has a hospital appointment on Monday and is on a pre-diet ready for the camera, so her tummy is rebelling :o.
    I have stripped the bed but will wait till tomorrow to put the WM on, as although it has stopped raining it is still very wet underfoot.
    Today I need to tidy the dining room and kitchen, then remake the bed.
    Tea tonight will be a jacket potato with something. With what we haven't decided yet, but there is plenty to choose from in the freezer/ stores.
    Hugs to all those who want or need one. Enjoy the rest of your Friday.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,031 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

I’ve had a busy morning which included zooming back into town to order a new TV for DM. Her current one is giving her problems which are just getting worse. For a long time she’s protested about my offer of a new one but last night she agreed. I had researched the TV and so knew which one was the best for her. JL will install it for her and dispose of the old one. Job done!

Then I’ve spent ages on the phone re-arranging her appointment today at Stobhill for her three day heart monitor and getting her patient transport sorted. It’s all pressing numbers on the phone and listening to tinny music.

Now I’m going to read.

SO - I hope you feel better soon.

TA - your day out sounds really lovely and well thought out.

Happy Friday to all.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Very little work done today or yesterday......my old friend arrived at lunchtime yesterday, was here for 24 hours and we sorted the world between us. She is now on her way to the West of Ireland, before returning to Canada next week. It was wonderful to see her, we dont meet often enough, but still manage to keep a close friendship going.

Allegedly we are having fajitas for dinner....DD 1 is on cooking duty, I willeat whatever I am given!

Silveroldie....sorry that things are tough for you at present, positive vibes heading your way.

Csarina....you are pro ably making the correct decision about the wedding....at least you will get there to see your beautiful granddaughter.

Dumpling....pleased to hear that things are getting better for you and your girls.

Have a lovely weekend, whatever you are up to

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Silver-Oldie huge (((hugs))). Reunion went well. Many people who I haven't seen since childhood said how little I'd changed. They recognised me straight away which was nice I think ...or is it?

Funeral went well...well as well as funerals go I spose. My friend and his Dad was in bits.

Was lovely to be in the little chapel where I attended as a child, where my Dad attended when he was a child and where I got married 32 years ago. It is as comforting to me as home.

The reunion went well after also. So many things to talk about...So much to say.

A quiet night of contemplation for me I think.

Have a good evening all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport