[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

nigeljc67
nigeljc67 Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 9 December 2013 at 3:43PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Note from MoneySavingExpert.com:

Please also read the information contained in the Beware costly subscriptions when shopping online news story.

Back to the original post....

You may want to check your credit card statements for an entry like "shopperdisc" probably an £8 charge. I just discoverred that this appears on mine every month for a year !! ( shame one me for not checking before) . I had no idea what the charge was for so did some research. [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] for want of a better word, they charge you for membership of an "online discount shopping club"!. Not entirely sure how they got the card details as its certainly not something i knowingly subscribed to but its been suggested that a number of well known (and i thought trusted) retailers have been connected with unauthorised subscriptions to this service. If you google shopper discount & reward you'll see who the offenders are. Virgin , my card provider have refused to stop the payments so i am trying to contact these charlitans direct. Hope to get my money back and will update.. but highly recomend you take a minute to check your card statements.

sorry for typo in title, unable to edit

Comments

• grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Continuous authorities on credit cards can only be stopped by the taker, so I never use them as they are nowhere near as safe as DDs.

Then if this happens as it has to you, that makes it harder to resolve. However, if you have had no dealings with this company, can't Virgin look into it for you and ask them to prove you gave them your details? If not, can't you start the charge back process then if need be move on to legal action?
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    in the short term can you not report your card lost
    i assume they use new card numbers with a lost card replacement?
  • nigeljc67
    nigeljc67 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 9 December 2013 at 3:44PM
    Thanks for feedback.

Update.. After being on hold for 40 mins with no response (other that the press 1,2 etc recording ) i gave up with trying to call shopper discounts and rewards and went back to Virgin. This time i got a more helpful response and was transferred to their billing investigation department. They are well aware of this outfit, apparently [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] purchasing through Interflora online (Interflora shame on you ). Virgin tried to call SD&R but also got no response.. they have agreed to follow up my complaint.
    I will take small claims action against SD&R and/or Interflora if i dont get my money refunded.
  • success.. subscription cancelled and commitment to refund me all payments to date. They also confirmed that sign up was via Interflora so beware if buying online with interflora .. any "free" offers may well be anything but free...
  • elvis_girl
    elvis_girl Posts: 244 Forumite
    Hi Nigel. Shame on me too because I also just noticed I have been paying this for at least 9 months! I don't know how cos I have never ordered anything from interflora. How did you cancel your subscription & who agreed to refund your payments to date? Did you take it up with the credit card company (thats what I'm planning to do). Thnx
  • elvis_girl
    elvis_girl Posts: 244 Forumite
    UPDATE: 8 months payments refunded yesterday
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Op can you edit your title?:D
  • grayme-m
    hollydays wrote: »
    Op can you edit your title?:D
    nigeljc67 wrote: »
    sorry for typo in title, unable to edit

:p:) He doesn't think so, unless your post is a lot more deep than I can see with it being so early.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ah,ok,missed that.
  • grayme-m
    hollydays wrote: »
    ah,ok,missed that.

You could have said it was a deep joke that I'd missed. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure