Making money as a web-based researcher... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Comments

• kirsten theres a big thread about it on this section and also one in the debt free wannabee section there
    There should be plenty of help for you there
  • Hi All, I am desperately trying to find ways of making extra cash to pay off my debts.

I came across this on the website and wondered if anyone has heard anything about them?

The company is called Elite Typists (www.elite-typist.webs.com)

I've copied this from the info they sent me but there is lots more info on their website!

How does it work?
    The bulk of the work involves typing out Ad forms, inputting your data and placing advertisements. You will also have applications and orders to process. You will be inputting the information in specific company databases. Beware this can to be tedious and boring at times, so please be sure that you have the patience to do so before proceeding. This is not a get rich scheme, some work and effort has to be applied.

They ask for £14.99 for a training manual and state they pay about £15 -£25 per order.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Any other ideas about making money would be much much appreciated.

I am an excellent administrator, very competent in word processing, and all the word packages. Love organising, filing, willing to do anything office orientated.

I am also trained to give careers advice and advice about finding employment, education or training.

Very multi-skilled!

Thanks Karen.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    it's hosted on free web space, payment is only via Paypal, only very recently set up , no real contact details , only a online contact form and a free email address

I for one would not touch this with a bargepole (or my money)

wonder where they got the name from

http://downloads.cnet.co.uk/0,39100207,39051721s,00.htm

Elite Typing is touch-typing tutor software that teaches you touch-typing in an easy, effective, and amusing way. Elite Typing includes a full graphical user interface that is designed to be intuitive and easy to operate. Elite Typing is suitable for both adults and children. It enables you to advance, step by step, according to your own personal pace,
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Lou3000
    Lou3000 Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I can't think of a single, legitimate reason why a bona fide company would want your hard-earned cash so that they could send you 'training manuals' etc. Believe me, I've been had in the past and I consider myself to be quite smart :o but when you're desperate for work it's easy to fall for the scams. Personally, I find them despicable.

Kazbar, you don't say whereabouts in the country you live but do take a visit to deskdemons.com (they have a UK forum too) which is full of information on how to become a VA (Virtual Assistant) and if you do have excellent skills, you might find it a possibility to set up your own business. You could get advice for this from CAB or your local enterprise company.

If I was younger, I might have considered it!
    I don't drink, don't smoke, don't go out - why aren't I rich?
    Don't worry, I'm working on it! :p
  • busy_bee_7
    busy_bee_7 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Hi all,
    It's good to read your positive notes. I am just keeping my hopes up. The AQA does not recruit in the UK at the moment and I failed the Texperts twice so far! I'm sure it's just lack of practice, after all I did get 100% for science and technology! So not all is lost and please keep your fingers crossed for me.
    I am working on a 2-year plan with already one full time job and trying to find another one to be able to get out of renting and stop paying off someone elses' mortgage!
    It's going to be fun!
    Busy Bee
  • Am I The Only Person Who's Texpert Killer Question Was Answerable?

My Question Was: "If A Car Is Travelling At The Speed Of Light And It Switches It's Lights On, What Would Happen?"

And For All Those Asking About Texpert Pay. They Claim To Pay Between £6-£10 But I'm Fairly Sure The Pay Level Would Depend On How Much Work You Did!

=]
  • Lou3000
    Lou3000 Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well, obviously the answer to your killer question would be that travelling at the speed of light in a car would be terrifying but if you switched the lights on at least you'd see what you were going to crash into :rotfl:
    I don't drink, don't smoke, don't go out - why aren't I rich?
    Don't worry, I'm working on it! :p
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Am I The Only Person Who's Texpert Killer Question Was Answerable?

My Question Was: "If A Car Is Travelling At The Speed Of Light And It Switches It's Lights On, What Would Happen?"

Go on then, what would happen?
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070906134914AAwlVmt
    =]
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Poppycat wrote: »

That wasn't much help, people saying one thing and others saying the opposite.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure