Free Harrods Father Christmas grotto tickets

Comments

• Lucyxx wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o I'm sooooo stupid!!!!!

Booked my tickets thinking Harrods was Hamleys iykwim!!!!!

When it dawned on me it was Harrods I remember ages ago people used to say they were pretty strict about going in and wondered if they still were???

The thing is I always feel very self confident that people think I am some kind of chav as I am 26 and have 2 young children (nearly 5 and 2). I started my family young as my OH is 6 years older than me and we took that into consideration, He looks very young for his age and so I am always paranoid that when we are in shops people think I'm going to pinch stuff!!! I know for sure in places like Boots I am followed by security guards! it almost makes me feel like I am looking guilty when I am not!!! I think alot of people are judging me thinking I am a young mum, probably scrounging on benefits, etc etc when I am not! we've owned our own house from before we started a family and have been together donkeys years!! I don't really even wear chavvy clothes tbh,

So will I find it really stuffy going there? I've never been and wanted it to be a really nice day for the children!

I'm probably being stupid, but getting myself nervous about going already!! anyone around who can put my mind at rest??? :o:o

PS No offence intended to any real chavs!!

The truth is, in some departments, the staff are very snobby. They won't be in the kids area. You couldn't be. Spending all day with hyper/screaming kids is not something a snob could survive. And that's not to say your kids are like that, but a lot of kids are. You'll be fine. They may ask you to fold the buggy, if it's very crowded; they don't like photography, and backpacks have to be removed from your back and carried in your hand. You will be fine; I once went to the food hall in a tracksuit (not a Juicy Couture one either!) and nobody gave me any hassle. They do ban string vests but as you aren't chavs and it will be cold you'll be fine.

If you do get grief, which I honestly don't think you will, write in after and you may get a nice pressie for the kids or a gift voucher. Harrods were generous when I wrote to them once asking for raffle prizes. HTH
  • Lucyxx
    Lucyxx Posts: 3,147 Forumite
    The truth is, in some departments, the staff are very snobby. They won't be in the kids area. You couldn't be. Spending all day with hyper/screaming kids is not something a snob could survive. And that's not to say your kids are like that, but a lot of kids are. You'll be fine. They may ask you to fold the buggy, if it's very crowded; they don't like photography, and backpacks have to be removed from your back and carried in your hand. You will be fine; I once went to the food hall in a tracksuit (not a Juicy Couture one either!) and nobody gave me any hassle. They do ban string vests but as you aren't chavs and it will be cold you'll be fine.

If you do get grief, which I honestly don't think you will, write in after and you may get a nice pressie for the kids or a gift voucher. Harrods were generous when I wrote to them once asking for raffle prizes. HTH

Thanks Flickering Ember, yor reply made me both laugh and be reassured at the same time :D

I knew there was some sort of rule on backpacks, crazy!! from when I managed a shop I would be more suspicious if people came in with a backpack in their hands than on their back. (i'm sure they have that rule more for manners than people stealing though!)

Thanks again xxxx
  • Lucy, that rule is because people are really clumsy with them and can end up knocking valuable things off shelves. I think backpacks are hideous, although I did use one the other week for the first time in about 10 years, to carry a laptop around.
  • Lucyxx
    Lucyxx Posts: 3,147 Forumite
    Oh!! I never thought of that!!! definitely a shop you don't want to have to pay for breakages in!!! lol!! I imagine it's more of the tourists that go in with the backpacks than anyone.
  • It is more the tourists, and I was thinkking about the breakages thing; I don't know if they make you pay for them...not sure that they would unless you were blatantly clumsy eg with a backpack or super drunk.
  • Fantastic :D
    thankyou
    ive got ticket's too
    I believe life is to be lived, not worked, enjoyed, not agonized, loved, not hated.....
  • adea
    adea Posts: 448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    If anyone has 4 spare tickets for a Saturday/ Sunday I would be grateful as i can't take my 2 girls out of school to visit Santa and was unable to get a weekend ticket they day after they went on general release.
  • bless you no you are not being silly i feel the exact same thing i am 25 with a three and two year old but i barely look 15 so you can imagine the looks and followings i get lol

when i was with my x partner people used to think and say comments like i was his daughter and he is only two years older than me

i visited harrods last year just dresses smart/casual actualy and found it lovely and the kids loved it too i did not feel judged in any way what so ever

kids absolutley loved it they got given a princss crown sweets,buiscuits and water whilst waiting to see santa and also got a book and a badge when they saw santa we paid extra to get a photo but it was worth it

stop worrying about it and go i used to be the same untill i had my two childeren always worried what others were thinking of me know i think oh well if you dont like me or judge me before even getting to know me your loss not mine:p

Lucyxx wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o I'm sooooo stupid!!!!!

Booked my tickets thinking Harrods was Hamleys iykwim!!!!!

When it dawned on me it was Harrods I remember ages ago people used to say they were pretty strict about going in and wondered if they still were???

The thing is I always feel very self confident that people think I am some kind of chav as I am 26 and have 2 young children (nearly 5 and 2). I started my family young as my OH is 6 years older than me and we took that into consideration, He looks very young for his age and so I am always paranoid that when we are in shops people think I'm going to pinch stuff!!! I know for sure in places like Boots I am followed by security guards! it almost makes me feel like I am looking guilty when I am not!!! I think alot of people are judging me thinking I am a young mum, probably scrounging on benefits, etc etc when I am not! we've owned our own house from before we started a family and have been together donkeys years!! I don't really even wear chavvy clothes tbh,

So will I find it really stuffy going there? I've never been and wanted it to be a really nice day for the children!

I'm probably being stupid, but getting myself nervous about going already!! anyone around who can put my mind at rest??? :o:o

PS No offence intended to any real chavs!!
  • lilly81
    lilly81 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm so excited!
    Have just booked my tickets :)
    Lucy, im 26, single mother to a 6 year old. I dress is baggy jeans, combats and traners.
    Some shop assistance can get funny with me but when I tell them that I am actually an accountant they soon shut up!
    Their attitude is their problem, dont make it yours by worrying about them!
    Debt free date 23rd march 2009 🥳Autism is my super power 🏳️🌈 🌈✨
  • All sold out, except for 4/5 November :(

Have fun those of you that managed to get tickets!
    :D GOD BLESS DURAN DURAN :D
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 293 Proud to be dealing with my debts
    March NSD 5/10 March Make £5 Day £99.28/£155
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills