Plusnet fined £880,000 for billing former customers

The BT-owned telecoms firm overcharged 1,000 people by more than £500,000 in total...
Read the full story:
'Plusnet fined £880,000 for billing former customers'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
See the latest news from MoneySavingExpertNews
Follow the MSE on Twitter: @MoneySavingExp
Get Martin's Money Tips
Join the MSE Forum

Comments

• robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Plus they are stll issuing wrongly setup sims which will connect to the voice side but not the data.

3 sims requested. Still not fixed. And I have found out since that they knew about it in January.

I manged to get around it by people on a message board.

All I can say is be prepared to enter the correct APN yourself.

P.S. Mse, the deal i signed up to was promoted by you.Never had a problem with any sim in the last 17 years I've had a mobile phone.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Plusnet Mobile's tariff list contains several demonstrably incorrect and misleading entries and some vital information is missing.

Despite Plusnet being advised of the errors, several months later the errors have not been fixed.
  • robin58
    Well Mse are you going to investigate the above questions or are going to always cut and paste press releases?
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I find it hard to believe that plusnet can't contact two-thirds of the affected customers to tell them they owe them a refund....
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    keiran wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that plusnet can't contact two-thirds of the affected customers to tell them they owe them a refund....
    Does seem rather hard to believe doesn't it!!

Surely they should have held on to peoples money, now its public about their error many ex customers will get in touch wanting it back.
  • robin58
    keiran wrote: »

Guarantee Plusnet would hound us to the ends of the earth if we OWED them money.
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Yep, I cancelled my contract with them 2 years ago only for them to continue contract so new tenant when they moved in ran up bills in my name which Plusnet claimed I owe.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 March 2017 at 9:36AM
    When I cancelled phone/broadband last summer they tried to continue to charge me broadband, it was only because I kept a close eye on it that I spotted it. If they are not careful they could get another fine.
  • Plusnet broadband connection kept dropping and they concluded that it was the wiring in the house. Switched to BT and surprise surprise no connection dropping. Incidentally swapped from BT when they increased their prices and now with Vodafone whom appear to have a reliable connection.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure