Mortgage Free by April 2017

Comments

• Hi All,

I just thought I'd check in. October hasn't been a great month for saving, but a good month for spending which I know kind of goes against MSE. I have a work trip coming up abroad and I decided to book a show while i'm there, while not cheap the rest of the trip is paid for and that's how i'm justifying it in my head. I'm also keen to see how we can make more money this month. The items we have on ebay have a few watchers with 3 out of the 6 items having watchers. If the 3 items that have watchers sold i would be delighted. I think another trip to the garage is needed this weekend to understand what other treasures we can put up as well as have bit of a sort out really.
    We had takeaway last night but we are stretching it, it did us both for dinner last night, my lunch today and both of our dinner's tonight...they were rather large pizzas so it's not a hardship to make the last:)
    It's payday for the OH today with mine coming in a few weeks and I should have a bit more than normal due to a pay rise:)

Been thinking lately of any other ways of making some extra cash that we don't do....oh suggested i start my own you tube channel but i don't have anything to say or not into techy or make up stuff...and it seems like a bit too much work for me too. I shall keep thinking and see if I get any inspiration.

Our airbnb income is going well this month, there is always the fear that we might get cancellations but with the bookings we have in October this hasn't happened and we are due to make about £500 which I 'm delighted with.

Well that's about all for now. I will check in again soon:)
  • Hi Misswillow, thank you to you both for the Air BnB inspiration - we have our first booking this weekend :) xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Oh that is amazing!! Excellent work, do you mind me asking how much you charge a night?
  • MissWillow wrote: »
    Oh that is amazing!! Excellent work, do you mind me asking how much you charge a night?

We have priced it at £23 per night for now, to allow us to build up some positive feedback then hopefully increase in due course. Also we have two small children so we wanted to price accordingly x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Nice work, I hope it all goes well. Extra money is always helpful!
  • JimLad
    JimLad Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    We have priced it at £23 per night for now, to allow us to build up some positive feedback then hopefully increase in due course. Also we have two small children so we wanted to price accordingly x

How did it go!? I'm dying to hear!:D
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • Well we had a good weekend. Sold two items on ebay which probably comes to about £40 after fees and postage. Also sold a book on amazon so it's been a nice tidy side hussle weekend:) We have been trying to be really good with lunches lately as we both, more so myself, got into really bad habits of buying lunch out. Last week we made lunches most days and this week so far so good.. It's another large cc bill this month with our accommodation payment for our next years holiday coming out but we are still aiming to save our monthly target. Time will tell how we get on....
  • JimLad
    JimLad Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    With both our pay days this month done with we were able to do our monthly dump into the savings account at the weekend. In total this month we managed £2900 which takes our total up to 29k in savings for the mortgage.

Its so frustrating having the 10% overpayment limit at the moment as only around 8k of that will be used in january to overpay and then we have to wait for october to be free of the fixed term.

Its been a record breaking month on Airbnb for us, more of that on November 1st when I do our monthly side hustle update. Its gonna be a big one!! :D
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • Also sold another item on ebay which will probably be about £4 after postage and ebay fees and I sold my wedding flowers for about £40 after fee. That's another £44 going straight in the savings pot:)
  • Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    2.9k saved amazing work guys really nice stuff

Ya the 10% cap is a pain when you want got 29k kicking about but still really good stuff

whats the balance on the mortgage currently ?
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport