The Road to Financial Security

Options

Comments

• Pushkin
    Pushkin Posts: 795 Forumite
    Options
    Ok better late than never - have some financial updates from 1st of the month:

MORTGAGE
    01-Apr-15 £109,342
    Difference -£1,330
    01-May-15 £108,011
    Difference -£1,330

MONEY MAKING - made £6 this month whoo hoo

CAR SAVINGS - £700 in total of £4,900
    NISA - £450 in (found an extra £50 to add last moth)
    DOG FUND - £150 in as per normal - £3414 total
    FD REGULAR SAVER - £300 in - total of £600

need to neaten up a bit for next month
  • Pushkin
    Options
    Hatrick of updates today.

Well study is looking good, carpet was fitted yesterday, DH has fitted skirting board, just a couple of small bits on the wall to touch up and decoration is done. Am hoping DH will at least move the desk and home pc back in there this evening.

We ordered a few bits last night including a floor protector for the carpet - start as we mean to go on and try and look after it a bit better.

I want to get some blinds like the ones we have in the garden den - they are fab, no nails and amazingly easy to open, close & move up and down. Need to find those.

Last day at work tomorrow - (gotta love a 3 day week).
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is 'dog fund' self insurance for vets bills?
  • Pushkin
    Options
    Hi Edinburgher - yes, when the dog got to 8 insurance premiums increased significantly so started saving, cancelled policy when they increased it to £100 a month! So far so good, haven't had any major issues with her but she is 10 now and its reassuring to have some money assigned to her should she struggle with health. Vet costs sure do make me appreciate the NHS!
  • Pushkin
    Options
    Only just back in the land of the living having stayed up all night Thursday to watch the election then not getting any sleep during the day yesterday. Love all the statistics and analysis so usually take the day off after a general election so I can stay up - rather geeky I know!

DH is finishing off the study, fixing the telly to its wall stand and bits of paint touching up. These things always take longer than anticipated - he's had to go to the DIY shop twice already :( so it doesn't look like we'll get the furniture back in there until tomorrow.

I am a bit restricted to what I can do until I can help start putting stuff back in and cleaning the lounge etc. I'm catching up on washing and have hung it outside for the first time this year which is a nice feeling.

No money news, no bit spends but not really any money making either.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £100/mth is very expensive, that's double what we pay for car insurance! Dogs sound very expensive, but I'm sure that they're worth all the trouble? :)

I think it's rather cool that you take the day off after the election. I was once very jealous of a school peer as a child because his parents let him do the same (on a school day) :rotfl:
  • Pushkin
    Options
    Yes dogs are expensive financially but less so than children and I never get any back chat from the dog :)
  • Pushkin
    Options
    Feeling a bit flat in terms of the money/budgeting side of things, nothing very dramatic happening for which I should be grateful really as it's just a likely to be a negative dramatic as a positive dramatic!

Trying to get back in the survey habit so did a few earlier but really need to get my £bay mojo back as I do have some bits identified for sale but can't seem to quite get around to listing them.

We are off to look at garden sheds at the weekend - our next exciting purchase :) garden work due to start in a fortnight, can't come soon enough really now the weather has improved.
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's that lull time between paydays... don't feel too despondent. It will soon be here. :)
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My payday comes on the 15th and OHs on the 28th, but because the mortgage comes out on the 1st, my wage still leaves us in negative numbers for the month! Very unsatisfying. :)
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills