PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gladywaddy wrote: »
    Egg have responded saying that their position remains unchanged.

Am I flogging a dead horse or should I refer my complaint to FOS?
    Thanks in advance
    Yes, Egg's response means that the first rejection you got was their "full and final" one to which any reply from you will be ignored (As you found out)
    The next stage in your complaint is to refer it to FOS; who may take upwards of a year to adjudicate.
    Good luck.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance#step4
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    the problem i have is i have no idea if i asked for the PPI on these accounts or if it was explained to me properly. All i know is that it was unsuitable because of my benefits from work (i worked for the NHS) in fact i think i mentioned this on the last loan i had from them taken out in Feb 2005 when they asked if i would like PPI.
    Why are you delaying? Your reasons are valid and verifiable.
    Do check also to see if your loan PPI was "front-loaded" to attract extra interest and paid as a single monthly premium. If this is the case (and it's likely given the dates), you are looking at a win here. Don't forget also to mention that each loan was consolidated into the next forming a chain which should be dealt with all as one complaint. Do complete a separate Ombudsman Questionnaire for each loan, though.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step3

For the credit card your work benefits will have to do...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Jenida wrote: »
    So do I send it straight to the financial ombudsmen or to the insurance company.
    You can only make a mis-selling complaint against the institution that sold the PPI in the first place. You have no right to approach FOS until that institution has been given time to consider your complaint and provided you with a "full and final" offer or rejection.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step3
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    SwiftY wrote: »
    Okay this is bound to be a very long message so I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this. I'm dealing with this matter on behalf of my Father as he recently passed away just to make it clear.

Loan 1:
    We took out a loan from Natwest in February of 2005 for the amount of £3,000 with everything added extra the total cost was £5,500. At the time of applying my father was over the age of 65 so when he tried to take out the loan he was told that his partner (My mother) would have to become the main applicant so the loan could be processed.

I've not dealt with anything like this before but as my Mother was told to be the main applicant would this come under being 'mis-sold' PPI?

Loan 2:
    September 2005

Once again, told that my mother was to be made applicant and my father joint applicant as his age was a factor so does the above apply again?

Loan 3 & 4:
    March 2007 & 2008

Both of these loans were applied for online, nothing was given or shown that PPI was optional and therefore was added onto the loans without us being aware. Again, does this come down to being classed as mis-sold?

I'd appreciate any help here as I'm completely lost, every time I write to Natwest giving them what I believe to be as proof we were mis-sold PPI they write back asking for more proof.

- Matt
    I can understand that your mum had the PPI if your dad was pension age, this is not a reason for mis sell though.

If any of these loans were paid of with the next loan and the PPI was included in the loan monthly payment, this is Single Premium PPI and this is the reason for mis sell that you use, this was in effect a loan on the loan that you paid back to term end with interest and the rebates at settlement were unfair, regardless of how this was applied for, the Single Premium PPI was mis sold.
    If they were Single Premium then tell the bank this, they are asking for proof as your reasons originally cannot be used for mis sell.
  • amersall
    Options
    gramochroi wrote: »
    Anybody any ideas. Want to send a letter of asking them to reconsider a rejection with additional from my ex and this information would be very useful. Thanks a lot.

The usual is 6 years, some keep longer records, someone who has requested info from them can tell you the time span that they keep records for and will post up.
  • amersall
    Options
    rodsbaby wrote: »
    Help!

I have had a monument account since 2000, at the moment the balance is £2850. Sent off ppi claim letter and they have come back offering £3354 payment protection charges refund plus £1572 refund for additional charges.

If they deduct the balance outstanding on account I would still be in pocket by about £2000

Problem is I haven't had the account history from them ( although have asked ) how do I know this is a fair offer?

Also the letter says final response does that mean if I don't accept and send back the Form I will lose the offer ?

To be honest I would rather take the 2k ,pay off the card balance and be rid of them than gamble querying it and end up losing the offer or taking a year through financial ombudsman???

Help please

You have done very well to win for a monument :D
    they should give you a breakdown of how they worked the redress out, do you know how much PPI you actually paid? they should give you all this back.
  • amersall
    Options
    kel1986 wrote: »
    Hi

I have a £20,000 loan (7 year duration) with Natwest which i have 3 years left to pay. I have been rewarded just over £8,500 for ppi, is this a good offer?

You get the PPI back that you actually paid and the whole PPI amount comes off the balance of your loan and the monthly loan payment comes down by the PPI monthly amount, if you know what the monthly PPI amount was, times this by the months that you actually paid this and that is what you should get back, the 3 years PPI that is left has not been paid by you so you do not get this back.
  • amersall
    Options
    30sharon wrote: »
    Hi we had a loan from Melbourne mortgage i contacted them to ask if i had payed ppi they said right away no i didn't but how do i check if this is true or not ?

Some MPPI is not reclaimable,ask the question here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187
    They can help you more with this.

If you can reclaim it then send SAR request, enclose £10, ask for all info they hold on you and give them 40 days to respond, this should give you the info you need as to if you had PPI.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553
  • amersall
    Options
    Hi, I’m new to the forum and have a couple of questions Iwas hoping you could help with.

When my husband took out his mortgage in 2007 he was told that as he was doing so alone he would need to take out 2 different insurances to cover himself. The first was a unemployment protection cover through AXA which paid if he had to stop work for any reason. The second was mortgage protection through Friends Provident which was a income protection and critical illness cover.

He was told by Countrywide (the service he used to find a mortgage provider)that he HAD to take these as a condition of him getting the mortgage with Santander and now realises that he probably didn’t need both as they are very similar types of insurance. He stopped paying both when we renewed our mortgage last year.

My questions are, can he claim these back as PPI even though they are through separate insurers? And who would he contact to get the claim moving?

Thanks.

Post the question here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187
    They can help you more with this.
  • amersall
    Options
    ridingwood wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Does anyone know if there is a formula for working out how much you are owed on a PPI?
    I have done the template form from this forum and sent it in to Lloyds, they agree that we are entitled to a refund of the PPI. We do not know if we still have the original paperwork but the payment came out of the bank with the loan payment at £477.92 per month on a £20,000 loan. They offered £ 2152.92 which didn't seem enough, after a phone call today they say it wasn't right and are now offering
    £ 3202.20
    My question is can I stick out for more is will that be it. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Ask them for the calculation that they used to pay you out, if the loan was repaid early this will affect the PPI that you get back as you would not have paid most of the total PPI, they have changed the offer once, make sure they give you the calculations.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback