IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC & county court business centre form received

Comments

• Bobby2k2
    Bobby2k2 Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    UPDATE:

UKPC have now sent a response to my defense together with a redacted copy of their contract with the Managing agent as well as their terms and conditions.

I will try for the notice of discontinuance on the basis of a "drop hands" offer as suggested by @IamEmanresu.

I can provide details of their response and documents mentioned if anyone requires..

I'll keep the thread updated if I get a response
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Yes it would be good to see their Witness Statement here.

So did the Judge say in the order, that when you saw their contract that you would then have time to respond by way of an updated Witness Statement? Or are you now expected to just go back to court now the Judge has allowed them to add to their evidence (seems rather unfair, why do they get two chances at evidence?).

IamEmanresu's suggestion is a good one as I do not expect them to want to fund a whole day's solicitor's costs for a case scrutinising the contract and the signs (small print, £100 buried and illegible).

Does this contract show authority flowing from the landowner or not?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    As above, a contract with the managing agent is irrelevant unless the managing agent also has authority from the landowner, and that authority allows them to confer rights on a subcontractor to pursue charges in the subcontractor's own name.
  • Bobby2k2
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

So did the Judge say in the order, that when you saw their contract that you would then have time to respond by way of an updated Witness Statement? Or are you now expected to just go back to court now the Judge has allowed them to add to their evidence (seems rather unfair, why do they get two chances at evidence?).

No that judge thought it was unfair that they hadn't responed in the first and in a sense I came to court 'blind'. He also said that it was also unfair to produce the contract on the day as it would put me at a disadvantaged especially as I attended on my own.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    OK, interesting. Can you show us UKPC's response to defence/witness statement, perhaps hosted in Dropbox after redacting your name/details?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Bobby2k2
    Suggest you write to UKPC and suggest a discontinuance on the basis of a "drop hands" offer.

This means they swallow their costs and you swallow yours. Stops the farce (or legal process as UKPC like to call it)
    Not if you head it 'without prejudice save as to costs' - stops it being used in court against you.

IamEmanresu knows his stuff, sounds like a good way to force their hand & end it.

How does this sound (or does it need to be longer?)

Name
    Address

Date
    Claim number

Without prejudice - save as to costs

Dear Sir/Madam

I Bobby2k2, the defendant deny fully any liability in relation to the above claim however, in order to save any costs that may be incurred as a result of the pending hearing that has been relisted for an allocation 1 day hearing, I suggest a discontinuance on the basis of a "drop hands" offer.

This will mean that the claim is discontinued, with both parties paying their own costs.

Kind regards
    Bobby2k2
  • Bobby2k2
    OK, interesting. Can you show us UKPC's response to defence/witness statement, perhaps hosted in Dropbox after redacting your name/details?

Please if anybody can offer some input, it would be greatly appreciated:

UKPC initial witness statement:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKlPmpyHuzONG5lZFhUWm9WNlU/view?usp=sharing

UKPC reply to my witness as ordered by the judge:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKlPmpyHuzOaGV2T0RiY2dCdGc/view?usp=sharing

UKPC contract & terms and conditions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKlPmpyHuzOMkNUUmk2b2oyN0E/view?usp=sharing

There you go!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just skimmed the contract.

It runs for only 3 months from the start date - 28 May 2012. There is no evidence the contract extends beyond that. I think your dates of 'contravention' are after this period.

The rate of discount of £60 from the PCN charge of £90 does not meet with the 'effectively binding' (as per the Supreme Court, PE -v- Beavis) BPA Code of Practice rate of 40%.

Haven't gone back through your thread, but what level of charge was imposed on you on each of the PCNs?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The contract refers to "Trinity Estates" but the only company of that name is in Aylesbury; the full name of the client is probably Trinity (Estates) Property Management Ltd.
  • The last paragraph on page 3, just above the signatures states:

"Confirm that you own the premises"

Do they own the premises, or are they just agents acting on behalf of the owners?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure