Partnership Card (John Lewis)

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Despite the assurances referred to on yesterday's BBC Moneybox, I failed to get through to them by phone this morning after waiting for just under an hour. They've blocked off the website facility for sending secure messages forcing even more people into calling them and making an appalling situation even worse.

Seems to be no end to their ability to damage the John Lewis brand still further - even though in reality there's only a tenuous connection.
  • One of the many that have suffered frustratingly lengthy delays when phoning JL card services 10 days ago. Still waiting for the promised phone call to resolve their mistake. I wrote over a week ago, still no answer. It does surprise that given JL's supposed excellent reputation for good service,it doesn't have the courtesy or professionalism to make a general statement to their customers/cardholders as to when they're going to resolve these problems.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It does surprise that given JL's supposed excellent reputation for good service,it doesn't have the courtesy or professionalism to make a general statement to their customers/cardholders as to when they're going to resolve these problems.

For the Partnership Card it's not John Lewis you're dealing with, it's HSBC.
  • Doc_N
    Forumite
    Anthorn wrote: »
    For the Partnership Card it's not John Lewis you're dealing with, it's HSBC.

You're right, of course, but it's the John Lewis brand and reputation that's taking the hit again.

They're getting paid for the use of their name by HSBC, but my guess is that the damage to the brand probably exceeds what they're being paid - I imagine negotiations between the two to sort out a financial settlement will have started already!
  • Anthorn
    Forumite
    Doc_N wrote: »
    You're right, of course, but it's the John Lewis brand and reputation that's taking the hit again.

They're getting paid for the use of their name by HSBC, but my guess is that the damage to the brand probably exceeds what they're being paid - I imagine negotiations between the two to sort out a financial settlement will have started already!

You imagine or you know?

I should think that loyalty to John Lewis and to a lesser extent Waitrose will not suffer as a result or the relatively short-lived difficulties. I'm off the Waitrose this morning: The only place I can buy over the counter locally Cafedirect Machu Picchu whole coffee beans. Yes I'll be using my Partnership Card :)
  • AndyJ52
    AndyJ52 Posts: 77
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've just gone through the re-registration process. Very slow but at least that was successful. Went on to pay my monthly bill and did so ...... however, I've been given no authorisation number or reference number acknowledging the payment and the final page stating that 'your payment has been received' does not print out. So now I've paid my bill but have no receipt from JL of any sort to prove that I've done so should this shambles of an upgrade mean that my money goes astray. Should I contact my bank and stop the payment??? Arrgghhh!
  • Doc_N
    Forumite
    Secure messages still disabled on the website - so no alternative but to call them, leading to even longer delays in answering.

Finally managed to get through this morning after waiting for 55 minutes in a queue with no indication whatever of the wait time or how many others in the queue ahead - the worst possible sort of queuing system.

Earlier formal complaint still not touched after more than a fortnight, despite assurance that they'd be in touch the following day.

The staff are doing their best in an impossible situation, and the longer it goes on the worse it seems to get.

Have to wonder, though, whether the senior management is fit for purpose. My guess is not.
  • AndyJ52
    AndyJ52 Posts: 77
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Update: I spoke to my bank and they have assured me that the transaction has gone through correctly and they've given the authorisation code usually given at the final stage of the transaction on the card site.
    Everything appears to have happened as it ought ..... and the bank have made a note of the subject of my call, date time etc for reference should a problem arise.
  • Anthorn
    Forumite
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Secure messages still disabled on the website - so no alternative but to call them, leading to even longer delays in answering.

Finally managed to get through this morning after waiting for 55 minutes in a queue with no indication whatever of the wait time or how many others in the queue ahead - the worst possible sort of queuing system.

Earlier formal complaint still not touched after more than a fortnight, despite assurance that they'd be in touch the following day.

The staff are doing their best in an impossible situation, and the longer it goes on the worse it seems to get.

Have to wonder, though, whether the senior management is fit for purpose. My guess is not.

You don't appear to be able to understand that Partnership Card is run and managed by HSBC. What on earth do the John Lewis senior management and staff have to do with it? Can we actually say there is senior management? Aren't they all partners? John Lewis are agents of HSBC just the same that they are agents of Plusnet for John Lewis Broadband!
  • Doc_N
    Forumite
    Anthorn wrote: »
    You don't appear to be able to understand that Partnership Card is run and managed by HSBC. What on earth do the John Lewis senior management and staff have to do with it? Can we actually say there is senior management? Aren't they all partners? John Lewis are agents of HSBC just the same that they are agents of Plusnet for John Lewis Broadband!

I understand perfectly well who owns and runs Partnership Card, as you could have seen from post #35.

I've no idea why you'd have thought the reference was to John Lewis management in any event. I made no reference to JL at all - the post relates entirely to HSBC, who run the operation. John Lewis aren't even agents - they just take a commission for the use of their name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure