Tumble Dryers Fire Risk - Hotpoint / Indesit / Creda

Comments

• Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I registered for a repair on 23rd November, just relogged in to check the status of my repair and it said to expect it in March 2016, I've have no contact to arrange this and with it coming towards the end of the month I'm assuming it's not going to happen.

I don't want to pay for a replacement, even more so when it's a different colour to my machine.

I'm just away to send an email to them...
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    There was a tumble dryer fire on my estate early this morning, the pet cat died house in a right state, luckily no body injured, fire brigade not said what make it was :(
  • I just followed the advice in today's newsletter - sent an email to Hotpoint saying I wasn't happy with the wait time, and someone just called me THREE HOURS LATER to offer me a like-for-like replacement (actually a slightly better model) which will be delivered in 2 weeks. Good effort on Customer Service, Hotpoint! And thank you MSE!!!
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Beckyy wrote: »
    I registered for a repair on 23rd November, just relogged in to check the status of my repair and it said to expect it in March 2016, I've have no contact to arrange this and with it coming towards the end of the month I'm assuming it's not going to happen.

I don't want to pay for a replacement, even more so when it's a different colour to my machine.

I'm just away to send an email to them...

I was estimated March too, but hadn't heard anything so called this week and they booked it in for the beginning of April.
  • stokesley
    stokesley Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    *zippy* wrote: »
    I was estimated March too, but hadn't heard anything so called this week and they booked it in for the beginning of April.

I was estimated February; that came and went with not a word. They then changed it on the email link to March so waited patiently until today, when it dawned upon me that not much was going to happen over Easter, after which March was just above over.

My patience is beginning to run out.
  • liam8282
    liam8282 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    I have run into difficulty getting my dryer repaired.

I originally registered for the modifications Nov 15.

The repair date has then changed and been extended each month, until this month, where the repair date has been removed.

I then got in touch via Twitter. At this point the repair has been booked, booked for the wrong machine by Hotpoint, cancelled by Hotpoint and now I am struggling to re book.

Worryingly, I have been getting error codes F07 and F14, which both appear to be codes relating to the heater element. What I would like to know is, are these error codes relating to the modification?
  • abacab
    abacab Posts: 436 Forumite
    We registered when the story first hit the news on 23/11/15.
    We had repairs estimated for Jan,Feb,March,and then upon logging in I found it suddenly jumped to MARCH 2017!
    So I phoned.Got through straight away surprisingly,but the young man I spoke to was as much use as a chocolate fireguard (needed incase the machine combusted)
    Couldnt change the repair date and tried to insist it was still first come first served.
    Not good enough.
    So I badgered them on FB messenger and a free replacement is on the way:beer:
  • Mealyn
    Mealyn Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    An update on my experience with the Hotpoint dryer fiasco.

Unlike many who have had problems with their dryer I have not. My dryer has worked for the past 8 years without any disfunction. I did keep the fluff filter clean and the condenser unit. Because of the age of the dryer I thought the £99.0 offer was a good bargain but when i saw the size specs realized it would over hang the shelf it sits on above the washing machine. I emailed hotpoint twice requesting if i could purchase a different model and got a standard reply that it had been given to the attention of someone or the other. Didn't get a response back about the purchase of a new machine so let it go because the machine I have works fine. Then about the middle of April I received a call from hotpoint to arrange the modification. I didn't want it done and asked if I had to. They felt obliged to have it done. Anyway I also spoke about the query I had made in two emails and the very nice lady who was dealing with this said she would pass this on to the escalation team. After hanging up, 5 mins later I had a call from this escalation team to offer me a like for like new replacement dryer free of charge. I accepted this offer and over the moon as I like the model I have and having a brand new one is a bonus. It arrived a few days later. And they took my old one away saving me a trip to the tip. I know from other comments that there have been difficulties but Hotpoint have dealt very fairly with me.
  • Anyone who has been told by Hotpoint, Indesit , Creda or Whirlpool that their tumble dryer has to be repaired because it might catch fire can get their money back as long as you bought it with with a credit card

I did 10 months after buying it on the grounds that the product was not-fit for purpose
    Just send a copy of the notice that yours is one of the one affected in with your request to your credit card company for a refund

Don't bother to wait six months or more for a repair, get your money back now and buy a new one elsewhere

Hit these manufacturers in the pocket with a charge back
  • Alice_Walker
    Alice_Walker Posts: 574 Forumite
    Anyone who has been told by Hotpoint, Indesit , Creda or Whirlpool that their tumble dryer has to be repaired because it might catch fire can get their money back as long as you bought it with with a credit card

I did 10 months after buying it on the grounds that the product was not-fit for purpose
    Just send a copy of the notice that yours is one of the one affected in with your request to your credit card company for a refund

Don't bother to wait six months or more for a repair, get your money back now and buy a new one elsewhere

Hit these manufacturers in the pocket with a charge back

A chargeback would be against the retailer, not the manufacturer, and is not guaranteed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure