NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 756
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    sounds like everyone is doing really well.

I Found out today that I am due a little refund off something (53 pounds) so I shall stick that in savings when it is through. I have a little bit of money not budgeted for through selling some of my boys toys, so I am going to put that towards a fun day out towards the end of the month...

Mac and cheese for my boys for tea tomorrow, nice and cheap. Must must do a meal plan this weekend for the week ahead :D
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,423
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Day 5:
    Managed another NSD, updated signature :)
    Using food we already have in :)
    Didn't manage much in the way of exercise today, as I had work to do - unless carting boxes up and down stairs and up and down the garden counts :o
    Did some housework though, and I can now see my dining room again :D
    Listed more things on ebay
    Did an online survey
  • DawnW wrote: »
    Day 5:

Didn't manage much in the way of exercise today, as I had work to do - unless carting boxes up and down stairs and up and down the garden counts :o
    Did some housework though, and I can now see my dining room again
    Did an online survey

I think it totally counts! And also the HW. I much prefer exercising in line with my life - got to walk somewhere then power walk :)

SFD :j 2/15 although have only kicked the can down the road as need to get bread and milk tomorrow...

exercise wk 1 3/4 went for a walk in my lunch break

use it up - portion of curry out of freezer for tea. Oh will have ys pie out of the freezer too :money: used recycled birthday bag for fil's gift :money:

Be kind: opps didn't really register this. So apart from my usual kind self I haven't put much effort into this. I'll be especially kind when oh gets home :p Oh yes actually madam told a fib earlier and got upset and told me. I was very gentle on her, said I knew she had fibbed but I was very proud of her for telling the truth :A

time for self (still keeping this!) walk at lunch and have been doing some knitting. Will do more after madam goes to bed. Might also make some beeswax wraps

Organise: none. Might do a drawer after putting madam to bed

one more time: listening to audio book - one of my goals was to read more. Not going to get to target so am including audio books :p

extra income: none today but yesterday received email we will be getting 3% inflation payrise this month. Works out £25 for me - I earn a pittance! - but am including it for this month. did 85p on onepoll yesterday

Christmas I only have 3 more gifts to buy and make scones & shortbread. Still have to make slow gin and damson whiskey :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,665
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Today I am grateful for lovely bus drivers, for the daily oyster cap meaning I could catch 7 buses for £4.50, for friendly work colleagues, for not getting wet today, for laughter with my y9 class, for hugs from dd, for dh getting a much needed restful day, for getting an appointment through that I wanted, for dhal, for my washing machine.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Day 5
    Managed another NSD - 5/20.
    Took my lunch into work and walked 20 minutes.
    Read my book on bus and in the staff room - before starting work and at lunchtime.
    Used food etc already in.
    Grateful for:
    The birds singing on a short way to and from work.(were in bushes/trees).
    Sitting opposite the window in staffroom and seeing the autumn leaves on a tree. Lovely colour.
    Getting a free tester of a sugar scrub from someone who I usually meet at the bus stop in the morning. Gave her information that I found out about craft fairs in local area.
    Getting quite a few done/completed in work.
    Had managed to get rid of some paperwork in work to different people. Tray nearly empty.
    Getting my 8 year badge of being part of the MSE forum.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Productive afternoon/evening. Borrowec a bike from a friend for the race on Sun and cycled that home.

Did 2 surveys.

Chopped and froze some apples and the rest is stewing for Apfelmus (apple puree desert thing).

Today I'm incredibly grateful for healthy children.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Sorry for the silence, I've fallen asleep on the sofa the last two nights so have not had time to update.

Both Tuesday and Wednesday were NSD. Im now on 3/15. Today has not been NSD as we've used the entertainment budget for takeaway as got home late.

I've brought lunch with me all week so no unnecessary spends on packed lunches. The heating is still not on but it is getting decidedly colder now and I'm not sure how long I can hold out!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Day 5

Done a little better today although I did take the day off uni.

NSDs: 3/15 NSD today
    Exercise: Cycling - 1/12
    10k steps - 3/22 went for a walk today to try and clear my head and also hit my 10k
    Food: 15.58/100
    Extra Income: 61.84/150 finally got some extra income in the form of ebay and a voucher from surveys. Have also got around £6 from PA already! Very impressed so far.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Scrimps
    Scrimps Posts: 362
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Scrimps - can you point me in the direction of easy vegan recipes please. My niece is vegan and it's her 21st later this month. I want to give her a nice notebook with some recipes hand-written in, super easy ones without a gazillion ingredients or too much prep. Ta muchly.

Im sorry I completely missed this post. Im very sorry, I cant help with recipes because I dont really do the cooking - my DH does most of the cooking and I dont eat vegan. Neither does he actually - he doesnt eat meat or dairy - he does eat fish and eggs. I try to make sure I dont reference him as a vegan but sometimes it slips out so sorry if I put that by mistake at some point.

Someone referred to Jack Monroe/ cooking on a bootstrap (in another post I have only just seen!)- I would second that for recipies without lots of ingredients but are still good. I look at it for myself but DH just cannot get on with beans or lentils - hence still eating fish. Eggs are considered OK because we get them from the farm and know the conditions the chickens that lay them are kept in etc.
    I find the Jamie Oliver site and BBC good food pretty good but you do sometimes have to trawl for meals with a short ingredients list - I often find some then just send them to DH, he then cooks them and remembers them :o The longer we're together the less cooking I seem to be doing...in my defense I do nearly everything else.
  • Scrimps
    Scrimps Posts: 362
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    -Organise:nothing - had my haircut after work so only just finished eating dinner and have sat down now.
    -Regular: Still £115/200.
    -Get ready for winter: Nil
    -Always be kind think I managed this, I was very kind the the newbie hairdresser/trainee who didnt know what she was doing
    NSD: 1/20 - went to hairdressers (£21 - I go to the college). Bought my mums pressie and a couple of greetings cards.
    Improvise: nothing yet
    Stoptober: Managed to not compulsively look at YNAB/mortgage overpayment calc again
    Exercise: 1.5 mile uphill walk to work
    Christmas: Present and card bought for mums bday, just need to remember to send it in time!!
    Banned: stuck to this today. Despite walking past the bakery who were selling everything cheap just before closing, with cash in my pocket and a very empty tummy!! (waited til after haircut and I got home and stuffed myself with 2 lots of choc spread on toast whilst waiting for dinner though:eek:)
    Extra Income. managed 2 onepoll surveys at lunchtime. They rarely seem to be suitable for me but at least got a couple done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure